Takt Tours Ltd
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Booking Terms & Conditions of the Agency Takt Tours Ltd.
(Updated July 01, 2018)
Takt Tours - Dim. Kallinikos & Co. Ltd. is a legal travel agency (hereinafter referred to as the "Agency") and offers its shipping products through partner websites and online booking systems.
Using the services of this site implies acceptance of, without exception, the Terms & Conditions listed in this website.
The Agency is a reseller of tourism services (reservations for air- and boat tickets, hotels, accommodation, car rental, etc.) and acts in accordance with the Greek legislation and the policies of the tourist companies.
All financial transactions and credit card charges are made by the Agency, which is also responsible for all travel documents.
- Your search for itineraries
- Agency shows available routes and the instant availability*
- Your selection of a route
- Your passenger's details and the person in charge
- Your payment with the credit card
- The Agency blocks the value of the ticket/s
- The Agency confirms the reservation and completes ticket billing
- The Agency rejects the reservation (unacceptable reservation due to e.g. insufficient availability, no sufficient balance on the credit card account, system error etc.)
- The Agency unblocks credit card billing and refunds the value of the ticket/s
After the confirmation
- Print the confirmation or notice the booking reference number/s (usually 2 reference numbers for each route)
- The day of departure collect the boarding tickets from the port agent-office
- Embark the ferry and have a nice journey to your destination
In case the confirmation does not appear on the computer's screen and the printing off isn't possible, the reservation hasn't be completed (unacceptable reservation due to e.g. insufficient availability, no sufficient balance on the credit card account, system error etc.) and the boarding is not allowed.
*= The availability is only a snapshot and does not guarantee successful confirmation of the booking/reservation. There are cases that reservation confirmation fails during the final stage of completion for various reasons! In this case, the Agency refunds immediately the full amount to your credit card's account. Any perhaps delay is due to inter-banking agreements.
the Agency is not responsible if the exchange currency has changed in meantime and the refunded amount is less of the paid ticket/s cost.
WHAT DO OUR PRICES INCLUDE
In order to book ferry tickets, you authorize us to act as your representatives in the process of booking the tickets from the selected Ferry Company and to make the payment on your behalf as required.
The total cost displayed for ferry tickets is inclusive of:
- Ferry ticket cost (value of ferry company tickets)
- VAT and taxes (government taxes, port taxes)
- Fuel surcharges (if applicable)
- Booking fees of the Agency
- Transaction fees for common Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard)
The amount of booking fees depends on the route, the total number of passengers, the value of the ticket, the shipping company, the type of agreement between the Agency and the shipping company (e.g. prepayment or pre-purchase of tickets etc.) as well as the advertising costs on the internet, in the printed press and wherever else it is useful.
The total price of the ticket will be displayed during the booking process and in any case before the payment of tickets and its completion and will include all the above-mentioned charges.
Please be advised, that the ferry ticket pricing has been fully harmonized with the rules of the European Union (https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/pricing-payments/index_en.htm)
We recommend that you make a market survey before completing the booking so that you get a full overview of the ticket pricing offered on the internet and choose between the best and / or the most economical offer.
IMPORTANT NOTE 1: At check-in at departure ports you may be asked to pay 1,00 (one) Euro per person for service / printing costs for boarding passes.
IMPORTANT NOTE 2: The following ferry routes do not include port taxes in the price of the ticket (unless stated as included or extra during the booking procedure) and are paid locally during check-in:
CHECK-IN AND BOARDING
The check-in process is mandatory and applies to all ports of departure. This should be done either at the check-in desk of the shipping company, located in the harbor/pier/booth or at the appropriate ticket office indicated at the end of the booking process. (Please note that not all shipping companies provide check-in desks at the point of departure and many small islands will also have no check-in provisions). The boarding-tickets are issued during check-in.
Passengers should present themselves at the boarding point as follow:
- Italy-Greece-Italy for foot passengers: at least two (2) hours before departure
- Italy-Greece-Italy for passengers with regular vehicles: at least two (2) hours before departure
- Italy-Greece-Italy for passengers with Motorhomes and/or vehicles with trailer or Camping on board: at least three (3) hours before departure
- Italy-Sardinia, Italy-Sicily, Italy-Spain and v.v. for foot passengers: at least two (2) hours before departure
- Italy-Sardinia, Italy-Sicily, Italy-Spain and v.v. for passengers with vehicles: at least three (3) hours before departure
- Greek islands for foot passengers: at least forty (40) minutes before departure
- Greek islands for foot passengers and vehicles: at least ninety (90) minutes before departure
After this time, the shipping company reserves the right to cancel the reservation without any fare refund.
For the check-in you will need:
- The reservation/confirmation reference numbers that you receive after the reservation has been completed (usually 2 different numbers)
- Identification documents for each passenger (passports or I.D. cards)
- Registration documents for the vehicle/s (if booked)
- Documents for the pet/s (if together)
The shipping company reserves the right to refuse to board to passengers without the above necessary travel documents.
After check-in and if you have a car, drive your vehicle to the parking lot outside the ship and wait to board. Otherwise, continue to board following the orders of the ship’s officers.
- In the case of a ban on the entry of a passenger in another country, the return cost is borne solely by the passenger.
- If a fine is imposed by the Port Authority because of invalid documents of the passenger, then the penalty is payable by the passenger.
- Passport holders of all countries should contact the appropriate consulate for details regarding entry into another country.
- If a passenger wishes to disembark before the ship leaves port, or in another port than the stated original destination, they are obliged to declare it to the ship's accounting office and take with them all their baggage and vehicle.
INFORMATION FOR VEHICLE HOLDERS
During check-in or boarding, the shipping company reserves the right to check/measure the dimensions of vehicles declared during the booking process. In case of discrepancies, passengers will be required to pay the difference.
Unaccompanied vehicles are not accepted by all shipping companies. If the unaccompanied vehicle is not confirmed during the booking process, we will refund to you in full the amount you may have paid through our website. Although our company will immediately release the amount of the credit card for the user / passenger, any account credit delay is due to the interbank agreements and not to the Agency.
- HIGHSPEED, SEAJETS, CATAMARAN and FAST FERRIES: There are designated luggage areas on the boats. No excess charges. Take anything of "value" with you in a small carry bag.
- REGULAR and CONVENTIONAL FERRIES: There are designated luggage areas on the boats (by embarkation). No luggage restrictions, no excess charges. Take anything of "value" with you in a small carry bag.
There is a small possibility that your credit card can be charged and the reservation will not be completed due to insufficient availability!
In that case, we'll refund you the full amount to your credit card account. The Agency is not responsible if the exchange currency has changed in meantime and the refunded amount is less of the paid ticket/s cost.
If you need to cancel your booking, please fill out immediately the CANCELLATION form that you will find on the top menu "MY BOOKING".
NOTICE: Oral cancellations are not accepted.
CHANGES TO YOUR BOOKING
In the case that you need to modify or change your booking, please contact us promptly. For any change or modification of all or part of the reservation the agency shall retain the amount of forty (40) Euro for International routes (per booking) or the amount of twenty five (25) Euro for Greek domestic routes (per booking), in addition to any other administration fees and expenses and regardless the ticket cost and the ferry operator's cancellation fees.
CANCELLATION FEES BY THE AGENCY (In addition to those charged by the individual shipping company/operator)
- In any case of cancellation or failure to board, the agency shall retain the amount of forty (40) Euro for International routes (per booking) or the amount of twenty five (25) Euro for Greek domestic routes (per booking), in addition to any other administration fees and expenses and regardless the ticket cost and the ferry operator's cancellation fees.
- Any other charges incurred by the credit card company or bank during the refund process must be born by the customer.
- Cancellations and refunds can only be settled via the agency. The port agency may cancel a booking but the refund process can only be done via the agency.
- The agency has the right to keep the full amount of the ticket if the passenger interrupts his voyage at an intermediate port or fails to use part of his/her ticket.
- If there are financial discrepancies as a result of cabin downgrading or vehicle changes, the difference in cost is non-refundable.
- Passengers are required to return the unused original ferry/boarding ticket/s (in case you have received the original paper boarding tickets from the port agent) to the Agency’s address. We must be in possession of the original tickets in order to be able to cancel them of any case and refund the appropriate amount. The cancellation procedure starts as soon as we have your ticket at hand.
- Refunds will be given up to 6 months after the date of travel. Applications for a refund must be made in writing.
CANCELLATION FEES BY THE MOST SHIPPING COMPANIES
- 0% cancellation fee for not complying with the service for reasons of force majeure (e.g. bad weather).
- Up to 31 days before departure there are no cancellation fees.
- From 30 days to 21 days before departure, 25% of the booking value will be charged for cancellation plus Agency fees.
- From 20 days to 15 days before departure, 50% of the booking value will be charged for cancellation plus Agency fees.
- From 14 days to 8 days before departure, 75% of the booking value will be charged for cancellation plus Agency fees.
- From 7 days before departure to departure 100% of the booking value will be charged for cancellation.
- NO-SHOW and after departure: No money will be refundable and no changes to tickets will be made.
Valid for Seajets shipping co.:
- 31 days before the departure: 25,00 Euro cancellation/modification/alteration fees (Agency fees)
- 30 days before departure or in the event that the passenger does not show up onboarding, this ticket cannot be changed, modified or canceled (part or whole) for any reason whatsoever. This ticket is non-refundable
Valid for Hellenic Seaways and Grimaldi Lines shipping co.:
- Upon finalizing the booking, ticket(s) cannot be changed, modified or canceled (part or whole) for any reason whatsoever. The ticket(s) are non-refundable
Valid for shipping co. that offer Early booking discount:
- The ticket(s) are non-refundable
The answers above are indicative only. The precise conditions of cancellation fees for your chosen shipping company can be seen at the last stage/step of the online booking process before you enter your payment details.
The Terms & Conditions for cancellations of the Agency differ from those of the respective shipping company/operator in order to enable the functionality of the online booking procedure.
THE AGENCY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL* A RESERVATION IF:
- Passenger and travel leader information is insufficient or false (unknown or deceptive phone numbers and/or email addresses, incorrect or false names of passengers and travel leader, false or incorrect sizes of vehicles, incorrect or incomplete types/categories of vehicles, etc.)
- Credit card holder details are incorrect
- Copies of necessary documents (passport, identity card, proof of credit card ownership, etc.) cannot be provided on time if requested by the Agency.
*= The Agency’s Terms & Conditions for a customer cancellation are applicable in this case, too.
In case of canceled sailing, passengers are required to return the unused original/boarding ticket/s (in case you have received the original/boarding paper tickets from the port agent) to the Agency’s address.
We must be in possession of the original ticket/s in order to be able to cancel them of any case. The cancellation procedure starts as soon as we have your original/boarding ticket/s at hand.
Moreover, in case a ticket is canceled, either after the client's decision or because of a problem in the ticket or because of other reasons, the Agency is not responsible if the exchange currency has changed in meantime and the refunded amount is less of the paid ticket/s cost.
Note: The whole process concerns the financial obligations of the shipping co. to the country's financial services.
TRAVELING WITH INFANTS
The shipping company Seajets, offers infants up to 4 years of age, without accommodation and free of charge. Unfortunately, this option is not served by our booking system and infants are charged at a discounted price but they can occupy a seat.
It is expressly stated that you accept the charge of any infant(s) traveling with you and that you have no claim for reimbursement.
FERRY TICKET LOSS
- Printed paper/original boarding-tickets are unique. It is not possible to reprint them!
- The passenger must buy new tickets, state the loss in writing to the company ([email protected]) and include all of the lost ticket's details (day and time of travel, itinerary, ticket no.) and a copy of the new tickets and forward us via fax (+30 22940 94844).
- Following an audit conducted by the shipping company and within 1 month from the day of submission of such request, provided that the lost ticket has not been used to travel, the passenger may receive a free ticket, the total value of which will be the same of the lost ticket/s.
In order to simplify the booking process, the Agency has its own system for categorizing and grouping cabins/seats and vehicles. This categorization differs from that of each shipping company. However, the final booking is done by using the categorization as specified by the selected shipping co. which is described in step 4 of the booking process. They are also included on the confirmation print out. By accepting the Terms & Conditions the user waives any claims against the Agency as a result of their categorization system which differs from that of the shipping's co.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT VIA BANK DEPOSIT
Bookings made via the Agency are immediate and in real time. After the booking amount has been paid via the customer's credit card, an automatic confirmation will be shown and the booking is complete. However, bookings made using a bank transfer are outstanding and final confirmation depends on the shipping company availability during and after the actual bank transfer procedure. The responsibility of the Agency is to find an alternative booking should the original booking no longer have availability. Should the Agency fail to provide a suitable alternative, customers will be offered a full refund. The Agency is not responsible if the exchange currency has changed in meantime and the refunded amount is less of the paid ticket/s cost.
Items such as roof boxes, bicycle racks and/or goods or any other items loaded on a vehicle and not part of the body, but attached to it, will be charged an additional fee by the shipping company.
The transport of pets to or from Europe must comply with the relevant laws of the countries involved. Many shipping companies charge an additional fee for the transportation of pets.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In case of cancellation or modification of bookings made by shipping companies/ferry operators, the responsibilities of the Agency is limited to refunding the fare to the customer.
All times of departure/arrival provided by shipping companies are given in the local time of the relevant country. It is advisable to check departure times with the ferry operator before departing.
The Agency is not responsible for any costs incurred to the customer following cancellation or modification of routes made by the shipping company/ferry operator for any purpose whatsoever and include but are not limited to, accommodation, air and boat tickets at a higher replacement cost, etc.
The Agency cannot accept liability for any interruptions or changes or delays to your travel due to adverse weather conditions or tidal conditions or other circumstances.
The Agency cannot accept liability for changes to the service including the use of alternate ships or the withdrawal of onboard facilities and services.
The Agency is not liable for any delays or cancellations of flight or ferry/boat schedules that are caused due to strikes of social groups, weather conditions, force majeure or other causes which cannot be avoided or prevented.
If you do not have the valid documentation necessary for your boarding, the resulting potential losses will be borne by the customer.
If a passenger is refused entry by a destination country then the resulting cost of a return journey will be borne by the passenger. If there is a fine by the local port authority as a result of invalid documentation, this cost will also be borne by the passenger.
The Agency will not accept financial responsibility for any resulting hotel or transportation cancellations resulting from a delayed ferry, ferry breakdown, social strike or weather issue. The purchase of travel insurance to protect against unexpected cancellations of any type is always recommended. Travel insurance can be purchased from your local insurance agent or from most auto association offices.
Where the journey is canceled for reasons of force majeure (e.g. bad weather conditions, social strike, ferry breakdown), the Agency assumes no responsibility and the passenger cannot claim any compensation.
ERRORS AND OMISSIONS
The Agency does not guarantee that the information on this Site (including prices, descriptions and/or dates) is free from errors and/or omissions, however, declare that we will do everything possible to correct any errors or omissions once brought to our attention.
TAKT TOURS - Dim. Kallinikos & Co. Ltd.
21, Leof. Marathonos
19005 Nea Makri
Registry Nr. of Greek Tourism Organization: 0208Ε61000166200
Your booking and its conditions are subject to mandatory detention laws and contracts subject to execution services and draw special attention to the Athens Convention of 1974 which states on maritime transport of passengers and goods, which impose duties of the carrier and set the limits of responsibility.
JURISDICTION IN LAW
The Booking Conditions and any act or contract followed, governed by Greek law and the disputes which may arise subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Greek courts.
INTERPRETATION OF TERMS
If disagreements arise from the interpretation of terms, we explicitly state that the Terms & Conditions of the Agency supersede those of the respective shipping company/companies.