What to see in Angistri
- The Cathedral of Zoodochos Pigi (Life-giving Font of Virgin Mary) and the church ofAghios Georgios.
- The unique windmill of the island, built in 1812 according to the inscription it bears.
- The remains of an ancient quarry and of ancient boxy graves.
- The island of Metopi, the vineyard of Angkistri.
- Limenaria (4,5 km S) is the third settlement of the island, a traditional village with a few houses built among the pine trees.
- The lake in the location called “Aponisos”, near Limenaria.
The islets of Aponisos, separated from Angkistri by a narrow sea strip, andDorousa, with the chapel of Prophet Elias on top. These two islets are located opposite the SW end of the island.
There are four popular fairs in Angkistri: Zoodochos Pigi on Friday after Easter, Aghioi Anargyroi on July 1st, Aghia Kyriaki on July 7th, and finally Panaghia on August 15th.
Tour in the Skala-Angistri
A coastal settlement which has particular development in tourism thanks to its port. Here you will find the most of tourist lodgings, as well as many cafeterias and taverns. The settlement of Metochi (500 m SW) is the coolest place of the island, as it is “shaded” by the surrounding pine trees. Walk to the chapel of Panaghia (Holy Mother), where you will enjoy the gorgeous view. For swimming try the beach of Skala as well as Chalikiada which is after new settlement of Skliri. Skala is located 2 km E of Megalochori.