What to see in Skiathos
A walk around the island will give you the chance to see from close its main sights.
Do not forget to visit:
- Bourtzi, the small, forested isle with the ruins of a Venetian fortress and the neoclassic buildings of the old school where the Cultural Center of Skiathos is housed.
- The house-museum of Alexandros Papadiamantis in the center of the district.
- The coastal road with the characteristic old windmill.
- The metropolitan church of the island, the three-aisled basilica of Trion Ierarchon where you can find the miraculous icon of the patron saint of the island Panagia Iconistra (or Kounistra). Panagia Iconitsa celebrates on the 21st of November and all the inhabitants of the island participate in the feast.
- The Megalo Tarsana at the end of the island.
- The lake, which is an important natural habitat of migratory birds. Folk horse races are organized here on Aghios Georgios day.
- Kapanitsa, 4 km SW, with its expensive hotels and luxurious summer villas.