Ferry Mykonos to Santorini
HOW TO GET FROM MYKONOS TO SANTORINI BY FERRY
In the following lines, we have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to travel as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get from Mykonos to Santorini by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices, and real-time departures and arrivals for the ferry Mykonos to Santorini.
From Mykonos to Santorini by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
There is a choice of Conventional and High-speed catamaran ferries running non-stop from Mykonos to Santorini or with small stops along the way.
Ferry Schedules from Mykonos to Santorini
- Dep. at 09:40 and arr. in 3 hours to Santorini
- At 10:00 from Mykonos, at 12:00 in Santorini
- Going at 12:45 from Mykonos, arrive at 16:30 in Santorini (Regular cheap ferry)
- Depart 13:45 and arrive in Santorini in 2 hours and 15 min. (at 16:00)
- From Mykonos at 14:45, in Santorini at 17:30
- At 15:20 from Mykonos, at 18:10 in Santorini
Note: Timetables were accurate when they were published, but can change without notice.
Give a DATE and click on "Show" to view the updated timetables for the ferry from Mykonos to Santorini!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to Santorini. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON MYKONOS AND SANTORINI
Useful suggestions on how to reach the port of Mykonos, tips for ground services and public transportation options by arriving in Santorini with the Ferry.
The ports of Mykonos
- Mykonos has 2 seaports that serve not only ferries and cruise ships but also yachts and fishing boats.
- The old port in Chora serves small boats.
- The NEW port is in TOURLOS and about 1.5 km from the town (Chora). The harbor in Tourlos consist of main cruise boat quay, and quay for the regular and speedboats. Most of the ferry companies dock and depart from this harbor.
Public Bus Service on Mykonos
- Mykonos has a good bus network service that connects the most villages and beaches with Chora/City.
- During the tourist season (April to October) there is a frequent public bus service from Mykonos Town (Fabrika Sq. station) to the new port in Tourlos and back.
- Agios Stefanos-Tourlos (New Port)
- Elia beach, Platis Yalos, Ornos, Ai Yannis, Paradise beach, Paranga beach and Airport with Fabrika
- Kalafati, Elia beach, Kalo Livadi beach and Ano Mera village with Old Port station in Mykonos city
- From Agios Stefanos and Tourlos with the NEW port in Tourlos
Bus Terminals and contacts
- The main station in Mykonos Town: Fabrika sq. (Axioti str.), Tel. +30 2289023360, +30 2289026797
- Old Port station in Mykonos city (Polikandrioti str.; Behind the archaeological museum & Remezzo, north part of Town and next to OTE building)), Tel. +30 2289023360, +30 2289026797
- Old Town Port (very close to SeaBus station, north part of Town)
Taxis in Mykonos
- There are about 35 taxis, which mean you need great patience until you find one! You have to wait in line and sometimes you can wait for hours in the taxi queue and especially in the evening!
Main locations for taxis in Mykonos Town
- Manto Square (also called Town Square or Taxi Square), on the harbor front near the statue
- Fabrika square (Axioti str.)
- Taxi and radio-taxi Tel.: +30 2289023700 & +30 2289022400
- Radio taxi service in late hours and out of town (add 5 Euro for this service)
- Approx. Price: From Chora/City to the new port approx. 12-15 Euros
- Mykonos SeaBus is the faster transportation service between the Old Port (Chora) of Mykonos Town and the New Port (Tourlos) and the and vice versa.
- The SeaBus runs every 30 minutes
- Luggage and Baby Strollers are carried on board
- Easy Wheelchair access
- New Port in Tourlos (Marina station)
- Old Town Port (near Bus station with access to Panormos, Ano Mera, Elia, Kalafatis, Super Paradise, and Paradise beach)
- Old City Port (near Old Town Hall)
- Duration from New Port to Old Port or vice versa: 8 minutes
- Price per person: 2 Euros
- Tel.: +30 6978830355
Tip: Most of the hotels in Mykonos have their own minibus and will transfer you from the hotel to the port or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
Arriving on Santorini
The ports of Santorini
Santorini has 4 seaports that serve not only ferries and cruise ships but also yachts and fishing boats.
- The ferry port Athinios where all regular and high-speed ferries land in Santorini.
- The old port Skala is built below Fira where the cruise ships put anchor daily.
- The Amoudi bay which is situated below the village of Oia is a genuine small fishing port with lovely local eateries right by the sea. From Amoudi there are small boats that sail to the island of Thirassia. Also, some boat tours start and end there.
- Vlychada port is next to the beach of Vlychada where small fishing boats and yachts put anchor. Many boat tours start and end here too.
Public Transportation from Athinios port
- The public Buses to Fira Town meet most of the ferries that arrive in Athinios port. All the buses at Athinios port go straight to Fira central station but often do intermediate stops to the villages of Pyrgos, Karterados & Messaria.
- The buses go through the villages of Karterados and Messaria. You will see a schedule posted outside the central bus station in Fira.
- The bus ticket from Athinios port to Fira central station cost approx. 2.30 Euros per way. For night routes from 00:30 to 05:00 the cost is approx. 2.90 Euros.
Public Bus Services on Santorini
- There is a frequent public bus network service that runs to all the villages of the island departing and ending in Fira Town.
- Travelers going to Oia need to change bus in Fira‘s main bus station.
- The tickets can be purchased by the bus collector, and the price can vary from 1.80 to 2.50 Euros per person and per route.
- Fira – Airport
- Fira – Akrotiri
- Fira – Baxedes
- Fira – Exo Gonia
- Fira – Kamari
- Fira – Monolithos
- Fira – Oia
- Fira – Perissa
- Fira – Vlihada
- Fira - Vourvoulos
The main station in Fira
- 25 Martiou str. and Danezi M. str., near Alpha bank
- Tel.: +30 2286025404
- E-mail: [email protected] UPDATED DETAILS
Taxis on Santorini
- At Athinios port, there is a taxi station, where the cabs are waiting after the ferry arrival, although many of them have been booked in advance!
- All taxis are gray and have a lit ‘taxi’ sign on top.
- Taxis can sit up to 4 passengers although they might not be able to take that many suitcases.
- Cabs in Greece apply extra charges for excess baggage, port picks up and night transfers.
- Taxis will take you to most places on the island.
- If you are in Fira town, there is a taxi stand at the main square.
- With just a phone call you can be picked up from any point of the island.
Main locations for taxis in Santorini
- Fira’s taxi stand is on Dekigala just around the corner from the bus station
- Athinios port
- Taxi and Radio-Taxi number: +30 2286022555, +30 6906794316
- E-mail: [email protected], DETAILS
- Prices: From Athinios port to Fira Town approx. 12-15 Euros
Tip: Most of the hotels in Santorini have their own minibus and will pick you up from the port to the hotel or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
Note: All the above information about Mykonos and Santorini was accurate when published but can be changed without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY FROM MYKONOS TO SANTORINI BY FERRY
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies that are sailing from Mykonos to Santorini, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your prepaid ferry ticket.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability from Mykonos to Santorini by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best ferry deal at a price that fit your budget.
Give a DATE and click on PRICES to compare the prices of all ferry companies that run from Mykonos to Santorini!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR MYKONOS TO SANTORINI FERRY TICKET
Arrange your ferry ticket in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry from Mykonos to Santorini in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want anything to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat ticket you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your Mykonos to Santorini ferry ticket. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Santorini without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular routes, such as the Ferry Mykonos to Santorini if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel in Mykonos or Santorini without having booked the ferry pass. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find available tickets to your destination!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry tickets from Mykonos to Santorini, this allows you not only to secure your tickets but also to save time; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the Mykonos to Santorini ferry ticket, on the vessel you prefer and at the schedule you wish. It does not make sense that your ferry travel is interrupted by not finding available tickets, but it is possible.
Find more Mykonos to Santorini ferry routes!
If you want to organize your ferry journey to Santorini, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going from Mykonos to Santorini by ferry.
Get the best deal!
Ferry tickets from Mykonos to Santorini can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It is a common practice to be announced special rates and deep discounts for booking tickets up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having your ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling having the confirmation in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your tickets from Mykonos to Santorini; you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or in your smartphone!
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS ON THE FERRY FROM MYKONOS TO SANTORINI
Everything you need to know about ferry types and accommodation options; reserve the ideal accommodation option on the ferry from Mykonos to Santorini and get fresh and relaxed at your destination! Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day crossing to your destination.