An Easy Guide for how to get to Volos Ferry Port. Schedules and Prices for the Ferry to Volos and Many Recommendations for Public Transportation and Services. Explore the Website and Find all Necessary Details for the ferry to Volos; Connected Routes with Departures and Frequency. Accommodation Options with Real-Time Availability and Helpful Tips for Transfer Opportunities in Volos!
Conventional, flying dolphins and Catamaran ferries connect daily Volos with the islands of Skiathos, Skopelos, and Alonissos.
Travelling to Volos by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry to Volos because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
- Cars are allowed on most ferries running from and to Volos, for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry connections to Volos!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to Volos. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to Volos by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
How to get to Volos Ferry Port
- There are several ways to get to the city of Volos, most of them being a combination of means of public transportation.
From Athens to Volos by Intercity-train
- From the Athens airport, using the metro or taxi, you should get off at “Larissis Train Station” (on the red metro line) and get a train ticket to Volos. You will need to change over to the city of Larissa using the same ticket (Athens-Volos ticket price: 30-36,00 Euro).
From Athens International Airport to Volos by Intercity-bus
- Take (between doors 4 and 5) the bus X93 (dep. every 20 min.), you should get off at “KTEL Liosion” and get a direct ticket to Volos (Athens-Volos ticket price: approx. 28,00 Euro).
From Athens Centre to Volos
- Take the Athens city bus 024 from Syntagma square or from Panepistimiou str. and get off at “KTEL Liosion” (260 Liosion street). The buses run every 20 min. between 05:00 and midnight. Take the direct Intercity bus to Volos (Athens-Volos ticket price: approx. 28,00 Euro).
- Bus schedules Athens-Volos
- Online Taxi from Athens to Volos
From Volos Airport to Volos harbor
- The “Nea Anchialos” National Airport (VOL) is located 40 km from the harbor and the city of Volos.
- The airport is connected to the harbor of Volos by the “Magnesia Intercity Bus” services, fully corresponding to flights’ arrivals/departures.
Central Bus Station – INTERCITY COACHES of MAGNESSIA (KTEL MAGNISSIAS) is located at West entrance of Volos city, 5th Zachou & Sekkeri Str., 1 km away from
- Volos city center or 300 meters away from Volos Port.
- Taxis are also available outside the terminal.
From Thessaloniki to Volos
- By Public bus from Thessaloniki airport
- On arrival at Macedonia International Airport, you can use the bus Line 78 (or Line 78N during night hours), route Airport-KTEL /central bus station (approx. price 2-3,00 Euro), which goes directly to the City center. Take the direct Intercity bus to Volos (Thessaloniki-Volos ticket price: approx. 22,00 Euro).
- By Taxi from Thessaloniki to Volos
By public bus from Thessaloniki City
- Intercity Bus Station is located 5km west of Thessaloniki city center. It is easily accessible from the city center by the city bus no. 12, 31 and 8.
- Address: Giannitson 244, 54628 Thessaloniki
- Intercity bus to Volos (Thessaloniki-Volos ticket price: approx. 22,00 Euro).
Taxis in Volos
Note: All above information for Volos was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
Schedules & prices
Book your ferry to Volos with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your ferry trip in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ticket from or to Volos.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, compare prices, find information about routes and vessels, look for alternative routes and to print instantly your prepaid Volos ferry ticket.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so do optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest schedules and prices for the itinerary by ferry to Volos. With so many accommodation options, you can be sure to find the best deal on the ferry to Volos at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the below fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all ferry companies that run to and from Volos!
Book in advance
Arrange your ferry journey from or to Volos in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to Volos in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the ferry tickets to or from Volos you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry to Volos. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Volos without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Volos, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel in Volos or somewhere else, without having booked the ferry tickets to or from Volos. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to Volos!
Save time in Volos!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring tickets with the ferry to Volos, this allows you not only to secure your tickets but also to save time in Greece; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of ferry tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to Volos, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to and from Volos is interrupted by not finding available ferry tickets, but it is possible.
Find more routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to Volos, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Volos and the islands as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or departing Volos.
Get the best deal!
Ferry tickets to Volos can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking tickets to or from Volos up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having your ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry ticket confirmation to Volos in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your tickets to/from Volos, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or in your smartphone!
Book your ideal accommodation options on the ferry to Volos and arrive fresh and rested on your destination! Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry from or to Volos.
Volos is one of the better and a lot of adorable cities in Greece as able-bodied as one of the country’s a lot of arresting ports. The modern-day city, congenital abreast the website of age-old Iolcos, dominates the arena of Magnesia from its position at the bottom of Mount Pelion overlooking the Pagasetic Gulf. This is one of a lot of admirable areas in Thessaly, in the centre of Greece (Volos is situated 320 km North of Athens and 219 km South of Thessaloniki) accumulation the attraction of the sea with the mystical agreeableness of the Centaurs’ mountain. The area’s allegorical accomplishments captivate the visitor’s imagination. Magnesia appearance in some of a lot of arresting tales in Greek mythology. The antecedent of its peoples was Magnes, son of Zeus and Aeolus, yet Magnesia is believed to be the birthplace of an aberrant race, the Centaurs, beings which were allotment equine, allotment animal and originated from the abutment of Nephele and Ixion. Asclepius and Achilles were a part of others, pupils of the Centaur Chiron. The acclaimed Argonaut expedition, one of the greatest epics in the Greek fabulous cycle, set captain from the Pagasetic Gulf.