Ferry to Kefalonia
HOW TO GET TO KEFALONIA BY FERRY
From Kyllini port to Kefalonia
- Kyllini is a small port located on the eastern edge of the Peloponnese, at the Ionian Sea and serves ferries going to islands Kefalonia and Zakynthos. There are 3-5 daily ferry departures.
From Patras port to Kefalonia
- Located in western Greece (at the Ionian Sea), the port connects the mainland with Kefalonia and Ithaca islands. The port itself is very close to the center of Patras. There is 1 daily ferry departure.
From Italy to Kefalonia by ferry
- There is a direct route from Brindisi (Italy) to Sami (Kefalonia) in summer time with infrequent departures.
From Athens to Kefalonia by public bus
- Kefalonia is connected to Athens by bus (KTEL) every day of the year. The buses depart from Athens and arrive in Patras and Killini (286 km/approx. 3 hours).
- Timetable Athens-Kefalonia
- KTEL Terminal in Athens: Kifissos Terminal in Kifissou street, Phone: +30 2105150785, +30 2105129448.
How to reach Kifissos Terminal from Athens city center
- By Taxi: This will cost approximately 10 euro
- By public bus: Take the local bus 051 from Zinonos and Menandrou Str., near Omonia square. Departures every 20 min. from 5 a.m to midnight
How to reach Kifissos Terminal from Athens International Airport
- You can get the direct bus number X93 in order to reach Kifissos station. The bus operates 24 hours / 7 days per week and the service runs about every 30 minutes. The route lasts about one hour.
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON KEFALONIA
The ferry ports in Kefalonia
- Sami port: Connect Kefalonia with Patras (1 daily dep.), Ithaka (2-3 daily dep.), and Italy (infrequent dep.)
- Poros port: Connect Kefalonia with Kyllini port. There are 3-5 ferries a day between Kefalonia and Kyllini in the summertime and between 2 and 4 in the winter months.
- Lixouri port: Connect Lixouri with Argostoli (frequent dep.)
- Argostoli port: Connect Argostoli with Lixouri (frequent dep.)
Note: There is no ferry connection from Athens or Piraeus with Kefalonia!
Public Transportation and road network on Kefalonia
- The island has an efficient road network, with good main roads, secondary and no-asphalted ones leading to the most beaches and interests.
- Most of the buses depart from the central bus station in Argostoli. The key island destinations, including Sami, Lassi and Fiskardo, are covered by the local KTEL bus routes. Fares running from 2 to 4 Euros, it’s a very cheap way of getting around Kefalonia.
Public Bus Service in Kefalonia
- Take the local buses in Kefalonia to visit Melissani or go to Myrtos Beach, one of the nicest beaches in Greece. Hop on the KTEL bus and get to Antisamos beach or to Agia Efthimia, Katelios or St. Gerasimos monastery. You can go as far as Skala, Assos and Fiskardo and get back the same day with the same bus!
- Check the KTEL website (https://ktelkefalonias.gr/en/) for timetables from the ports of Poros and Sami. Timetables are posted on the bus stops but buses can stop at villages not on the posted route and times may vary.
Taxis on Kefalonia
- To hire a taxi on Kefalonia is probably the most comfortable way to be transferred from any arrival port to the hotel or to get around on the island.
- There are almost always taxis outside of each port in Kefalonia, at the taxi rank.
For the most popular destinations as Poros-Argostoli, the charge is predetermined.
Pre-booked Taxi Transfer
- The most hassle-free way to get from the arrival port to your accommodation is to pre-book a taxi in Kefalonia. If you have a pre-booked taxi, the driver will wait for you in front of the arrivals dock in Kefalonia with your name sign. Even if your ferry is delayed your taxi driver will be in place and will wait for you. The drivers always have an eye on the ferries and possible delays!
Radio Taxis in Kefalonia
Phones: +30 2671022700, +30 6977958700, +30 6945306145, +30 6977193569, +30 6980614611, +30 6977888519
Taxis in Poros port
Mr. Miliaressis: +30 2674072909
I Kefalonia: +30 2671083111
Taxis in Sami port
Mr. Berdempes: +30 6980074311
Sami Rank: +30 2674022308
Note: All above information for Kefalonia was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND FERRY AVAILABILITY TO KEFALONIA
Book your ferry to Kefalonia with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your journey in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Kefalonia ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability to Kefalonia by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry to or from Kefalonia at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all operators that run to and from Kefalonia by ferry!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TO/FROM KEFALONIA
Arrange your ferry journey in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Kefalonia in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want anything to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Kefalonia you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry ticket. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Kefalonia without using it!
- During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Kefalonia if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Kefalonia without having booked the ferry ticket. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Kefalonia!
Save time in Kefalonia!
- Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to/from Kefalonia, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets o/from Kefalonia but also to save time in Kefalonia; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Kefalonia Ferry Tickets!
- Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to/from Kefalonia, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to/from Kefalonia is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Kefalonia Ferry routes!
- If you want to organize your vacations to or from Kefalonia, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Kefalonia and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Kefalonia.
Get the best deal by Kefalonia Ferry prices!
- Ferry tickets can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to or from Kefalonia up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Kefalonia ferry ticket in your pocket!
- You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Kefalonia in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry to or from Kefalonia, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS
Find out about the ferry types, choose the ideal accommodation option on the ferry to Kefalonia and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry.
The magnificent sights, amazing beaches, rich cultural heritage, great monuments, mountains, castles, remote monasteries and cheerful, hospitable people are the treasures making Kefalonia one of the most attractive destinations.
It is the biggest island of the Ionian Sea, at the outlet of Patraikos Bay, between Zante and Lefkada. It stretches over an area of 904 km2 with a coastline length of 250 km. The island has a splendid natural beauty and a …