As of January 10th, 2024, FRS Iberia/Maroc will become a part of the ferry division of the renowned Danish company DFDS. This strategic integration marks a significant milestone for both companies and is set to bring about a host of benefits for its valued customers.
With this new partnership, the combined forces of DFDS and FRS Iberia/Maroc will work towards enhancing the network and services offered to both freight customers and passengers in the Mediterranean region. This collaboration is poised to elevate the standards of ferry transportation, offering an improved and seamless experience for all those who rely on our services.
Established in the Strait of Gibraltar since 2000, FRS Iberia/Maroc has been a key player in the ferry industry, particularly as the only company that operates all routes within the Strait of Gibraltar. Their regular operations encompass vital routes such as Tarifa – Tanger Ville, Algeciras – Tanger Med, and Algeciras – Ceuta, catering to the diverse transportation needs of their customers.
Having been a steadfast presence in Spain since 2000, FRS Iberia/Maroc has continually demonstrated its commitment to delivering reliable and efficient ferry services in the region. Our unwavering dedication to excellence has solidified our position as a trusted partner for both individuals and businesses alike.
Looking towards the future, this integration with DFDS represents an exciting opportunity to further elevate their offerings and expand their reach. By leveraging the strengths and resources of both companies, they aim to set new benchmarks for quality and customer satisfaction within the ferry industry.
The integration of FRS Iberia/Maroc into the ferry division of DFDS represents a momentous occasion that holds great promise for the future. This collaboration will bring about enhanced value and unparalleled service excellence for customers, further solidifying the carrier's position as a leading force in the ferry industry.
FRS Iberia booking terms
The routes of FRS Iberia
FRS Iberia operates ferry routes connecting the Iberian Peninsula with the Balearic Islands and North Africa. The company offers a range of ferry services catering to both passengers and freight. Here are the key ferry routes operated by FRS Iberia:
- Algeciras to Ceuta: The ferry route from Algeciras to Ceuta typically takes around 1 hour and operates year-round, offering a convenient and efficient way for passengers to travel between Spain and the Spanish autonomous city of Ceuta. The service is available regardless of the season, providing reliable transportation for both tourists and locals alike
- Algeciras to Tanger Med: The ferry route from Algeciras to Tanger Med has an approximate duration of 1.5 to 2 hours, offering a convenient and efficient way to travel between Spain and Morocco. The route operates year-round, with a higher frequency of sailings during the peak summer season, making it an ideal choice for passengers seeking to explore both destinations
- Algeciras to Tanger Ville: The ferry route from Algeciras to Tanger Ville typically takes around 1 hour and 30 minutes. This route operates year-round, with increased frequency during the peak summer season to accommodate higher demand for travel between the two destinations
- Tarifa - Tanger Ville: The ferry route from Tarifa to Tanger Ville is a popular and efficient way to travel between Spain and Morocco, offering stunning views of the Strait of Gibraltar. The journey typically takes around 35 minutes, with multiple daily departures
- Algeciras - Ceuta: The ferry route from Algeciras to Ceuta typically takes around 1 hour. This route operates year-round, offering passengers the flexibility to plan their journey regardless of the season
- Tanger Med - Gibraltar: Passengers can expect a 1.5 to 2-hour journey on the ferry route from Tanger Med to Gibraltar. This route operates year-round, with peak season from May to September offering more frequent departures and potential for longer wait times during high tourist traffic
These ferry routes operated by FRS Iberia play a crucial role in facilitating travel, tourism and trade between the Iberian Peninsula, the Balearic Islands and North Africa. The company's services cater to a diverse range of passengers and cargo, offering reliable and efficient transportation options for both leisure and commercial purposes.