An easy guide for how to get to Poros by Ferry, schedules and prices for the Ferry to Poros and recommendations for public transportation and services. Explore the website and find all necessary details for the Ferry to Poros; Connected Routes with departures and frequency, Accommodation options with real-time Availability and helpful tips for transfer opportunities in Poros!
We have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to get to Poros as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Poros by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel in Poros, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices for Poros ferry, and real-time departures and arrivals with the ferry to Poros.
- From the port of Piraeus (gate E9) there are daily departures of flying dolphins and flying cats to Poros (foot passengers without vehicles). The trip lasts approx. 1 hour for the flying dolphin and approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes for the flying cat.
- It is always wise to pre-book Flying Dolphin/Cat tickets in the season to ensure you can get on the service you want.
- Conventional ferries operate once per day, take both passengers and vehicles and make the trip in 3 hours.
Getting to Poros by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry to Poros because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
Cars are allowed on most ferries running to or from Poros, for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
- There is a choice of Conventional and High-speed catamaran ferries running frequently to/from Poros with stops along the way.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry to/from Poros destinations!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to/from Poros. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to and from Poros by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
Public transportation services in Poros
Public Bus Service on Poros
- Public transport offers two bus lines, both starting from the central square on the harbor promenade.
- With “Neorion Line” you can explore the southwest coastline with the beaches of Cochylia, Neorion, Love Bay and the Russian Bay.
- The “Monastery Line” drives along the southeastern coast with the beaches of Askeli, Panagitsa, and picturesque Monastery Beach.
- The fares are moderate.
Taxis on Poros
- There are also a number of grey taxis on the island – reasonably cheap to use.
- Taxi phone: +30 2298023003
Tip: Most of the hotels on Poros have their own minibus and will transfer you from the hotel to the port or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
Note: All above information for Poros was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
Ferry to Poros - schedules, prices and availability
Book your ferry to/from Poros with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your journey in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ferry ticket to or from Poros.
With go-ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Poros ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry to or from Poros at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on "search" to compare the prices of all operators that run to and from Poros by ferry!
Book in advance your ferry to Poros
Arrange your ferry journey in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Poros in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Poros you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry tickets to Poros. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Poros without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Poros, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Poros without having booked the ferry pass to Poros. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to your destination!
Save time in Poros!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to Poros, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets o/from Poros but also to save time in Poros; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Poros Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to Poros, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to Poros is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Discover more Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to or from Poros, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Poros and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Poros.
Get the best deal by Poros Ferry prices!
Ferry tickets to Poros can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to or from Poros up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Poros ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Poros in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry to or from Poros, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
Accommodation options on the ferry to Poros
Find out about the ferry types that are running to Poros, choose the ideal accommodation option on the ferry to Poros and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry to or from Poros.
Its beauty was praised by leading poets and litterateurs, such as Georgios Seferis, Ioulia Dragoumi and the American writer Henry Miller. The strait of Poros is a landscape of unique beauty: there lays the coast of Galatas, covered in pine, olive and lemon trees, as well as the picturesque town of Poros with neoclassical buildings at the seaside. The island has pine tree forests that cover the hills and reach the sandy beaches. The island extends over a surface of 23 km2, its coastline is 67 km long and it has 5,000 inhabitants.
Poros has been inhabited from the Early Helladic until the Roman period, while it reached its peak of prosperity during the 5th century B.C. Poros has been composed of two islands, Sferia (named after Sfairos, the charioteer of Pelops) and Kalavria (good aura), since the ancient times. Nowadays, the two islands are connected by a small bridge. Kalavria, which was at first dedicated to god Apollo, who ceded it to Poseidon in exchange for Delphi, is a lush area with lots of waters. Sferia, the smaller of the two is a rock of volcanic origin on which the modern town is built.
The people of Poros played a very important role during the Revolution in 1821, a period from which many monuments are preserved. Poros was the base of the Greek government from April 15th to June 16th 1827, while in October 1829 it hosted the Great Three Powers Conference, during which the borders of the newly created Greek State were determined. Hydra is located 32 nm away from Piraeus.
What to see in Poros
The town of Poros
The town of Poros, the capital and the port of the island, is built amphitheatrically, opposite to the coast of Troizene. Its scenic lanes, Neorio and the Bourtzi islet compose a beautiful picture in the center of the island. There are many beautiful examples of neoclassical buildings. The most outstanding ones are the Deimezis building, built with grey and red stones and Grivas’ shop (magazi tou Griva) with big doors and beautiful internal decoration. Villa Galini (in Aspros Gatos), built in 1892, is one of the most beautiful buildings of the island and has offered hospitality to eminent artists of the time.
- The historic clock of Poros, a trademark of the island which is on the highest top of the hill among prickly pears and pine trees. From here the view to the port, opposite coasts and Lemonodasos is amazing. The clock is visible from everywhere giving a final touch to the town’s decoration
- The Archeological Museum in Korizi square, where you can see findings dated back to the Mycenaean era until the Romaic era. These findings come from the excavation in the temple of Apollo in ancient Trizina, the royal tombs of Magoula and Apatheia in Modi and in Aghios Konstantinos Methanon
- Bourtzi, the small castle that was built in 1827 for the protection of the port. It is located in the bay of Moni, near the coast of the Peloponnese and anyone can visit it by swimming. Nowadays it is uninhabited
The first Navy yard of Greece (1830)
- The cathedral of Aghios Georgios, renowned for the magnificent religious icons made by Konstantinos Parthenis
- The preserved monument of Ernst Chiler, housing the conference room of the Municipality of Poros
- This neoclassical building was restored in 2002 with addition of particular elements. Today, it hosts events organized by the municipality
- The Chatzopoulos Municipal Library, with a lending department and a projection hall
- The ruins of the Russian naval yard, 5 km NW of the city. In 1834, some warehouses and bakeries were built there in order to supply the Russian fleet that sailed in the Aegean sea. Russians preserved the buildings until 1900
- Palatia (5,5 km NE), where there are still ruins of the temple of Poseidon (520 B.C). The main body of the temple was of Dorian order, a rectangular cloistered temple with six and twelve columns on each side. The foundation ditch of this archaic temple, the galleries of the marketplace as well as the parliament still survive
Swimming at Mikro and Megalo Neorio (small and great dock yard) as well as the Limanaki tis Agapis (Harbour of Love).
Sailing around the islands and along the coasts of Peloponnese.
The “Naval Week” with art events and exhibitions of naval interest.
Police station: 22980-22.462
Health Center: 22980-22.222 (Galatas)
Local medical center:22980-22.600
Intercity Bus Service22980-22.480
Local Port Authority:22980-22.274