HOW TO GET FROM BASTIA TO NICE BY FERRY
In the following lines you will get useful details on how to get from Bastia to Nice by ferry, as well as on how to get to the port of departure, how to leave the port of arrival with the local transport network, timetables and prices of the ferry tickets, plus, available accommodation options on the ferry.
There are various conventional ferries running frequently from Bastia to Nice without stopovers along the way. Cars are allowed on those ferries at an additional fee and children/students usually travel at half price!
Travel time from Bastia to Nice
- The distance bettween the ports of Bastia and Nice is 210 km
- The regular ferries that operate can cover this distance in 6-8 hours
Itineraries and timetables
- In summer, there are at least 3 departures per day
- There are both morning and night departures
- Since it is a time consuming sailing, a cabin is recommended for a more relaxing journey
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections from Bastia to Nice. The biggest shipping companies announce the new ferry timetables by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
Timetables were accurate when they were published, but can change without notice
TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS IN BASTIA AND NICE
In both Bastia and Nice, the transportation network is well-developed. There are options to get transferred such as public buses, trains, trams and taxis. You can reach the port of Bastia from any point of the city. You also can leave the port of Nice effortlessly and most importantly, without having to pay excessive costs.
Transportation options in Bastia
From the airport of Bastia to the port
- Go to Lucciana train station, close to the airport and get on the train to Bastia port. The train operates every half an hour and the cost of a single ticket is 4 Euros
- Get on the airport's shuttle bus which stops at the train station next to the port in 30 minutes. The cost is around 9 Euros
- Take a taxi from the airport or call +33 495 360 465 for a scheduled trasfer
From the city center to the port
- There are various buses that operate throughout the city. There are bus stops all around with final stop the port
- If you are in the south part, take the bus lines 1,2,3,A,B or N towards the port
- If you are west, use the lines 4 or 5
- The bus lines 6 anc C are coming from the city's northern part and stop at the port
- In order to use a taxi, call +33 495 327 070
Transportation options after you arrive in Nice port
- Take the line 1 tram which goes straight to the city center
- From 09:00 to 17:30, there are shuttle buses every 15 mins that connect the port with Gambetta Boulevard in the city center
- The public buses operate all day, from early in the morning till late at night and make stopovers all around town. The bus stop is located just outside the port
- Get in a taxi or call +33 610 821 171
SCHEDULES AND PRICES BASTIA-NICE
The reservation system of go-Ferry gives you the ability to find and compare the prices of all the ferry operators that connect Bastia with Nice. You can choose between a variety of accommodation options on board and book the best for you. There are economy deck seats, reclining aircraft type seats, business area and cabins. There are also discounted tickets for children and students. Keep in mind that ferry prices may change depending on seasonality.
Book in advance your ferry ticket from Bastia to Nice
Do not neglect to book your ferry tickets early enough to avoid last-minute surprises! We are sure that you do not want your vacation ruined or change your plans because you will not find any available route.
On the following lines, we will mention some reasons that make it necessary to book your ferry tickets in advance!
Pay for your hotel without using it!
During the high season and especially in the months of June, July, August and September, it is difficult to find available accommodations. Do not make the mistake of paying for your hotel without having booked your ferry tickets at the same time.
Accommodation availability is big!
Buying ferry tickets in advance gives you more convenience of accommodation options. There is usually an option for very economical deck tickets, for reclining or for business seats. Regular ferries offer extra accommodation in cabins with or without windows.
More available itineraries!
Find in advance all available itineraries to make the right connections between flights and ferry connections.
Take advantage of the offers!
The route from Bastia to Nice is quite popular. As the ferry tickets for this route can become expensive, it is natural to wish for the cheapest offer. Like all modes of transport, ferry companies usually offer special prices and discounts for those who buy their ferry tickets up to 3 to 6 months in advance.