IKARIA BY FERRY
Here you will find useful information on how to get to Ikaria by ferry, how to get to your accommodation by public transport, the port addresses, timetables and prices as well as departures by ferry to/from Ikaria in real-time.
THE PORTS OF IKARIA
Ikaria has two ports, one on the north and one on the south side, in order to serve the guests around the island.
- Agios Kirykos, it is the main port of the island. Therein lies the main port police and it mainly serves the south side of the island
- Evdilos, it's the second port of the island, and mainly serves the north side of the island
HOW TO GET TO IKARIA BY FERRY
There is a selection of conventional and high-speed catamaran ferries that run frequently to/from Ikaria with short stops on between them.
The most popular connections to Ikaria
- From North: Kavala, Limnos, Lesvos, Chios
- From West: Piraeus, Lavrio, Syros, Mykonos
- From South: Patmos, Kos, Rhodes
To get the latest schedule, it is best to check the timetables on our booking platform.
TRAFFIC SERVICES IN IKARIA
In Ikaria, you will not find long and wide roads but there are several roads in good condition and they serve the transport of the villages quite well!
- During the summer season, local public buses connect the main resorts of Agios Kirikos, Therma, Evdilos, Armenistis, and Raches.
The bus network
- RACHES - ARMENISTIS - EVDILOS - AGIOS KIRIKOS - FAROS - AIRPORT
- AGIOS KIRIKOS - THERMA - FAROS
- AGIOS KIRIKOS - EVDILOS - ARMENISTIS - RACHES
Distances in Ikaria
Ikaria is a relatively big island so it is good to calculate in advance the time it takes to transit from one port to the other as well as the airport:
- Port of Agios Kirykos - port of Evdilos: approximately 1-hour drive
- Ikaria airport - port of Agios Kirykos: appr. 20 minutes drive
- Ikaria airport - port of Evdilos: appr. 1h and 10 minutes drive
- Port of Evdilos - Christos Village: appr. 35 minutes drive
- Port of Agios Kirykos - Therma Village: appr. 5 minutes drive
Taxis in Ikaria
There are around 30 taxis on the island and therefore it is recommended to arrange your trip in advance.
- Taxi stops can be found in Agios Kirikos, Therma, Evdilos, Armenistis, and Faros Airport, while car rentals are available at the main resorts
- Taxi Online
- You can book a taxi by calling on any of the following phone numbers: 0030 2275031587 or 0030 6973836836
IKARIA FERRY TICKETS
Arrange your ferry journey to Ikaria in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Ikaria in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want anything to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Ikaria you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your Ikaria Ferry Tickets. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Ikaria without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular islands if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Ikaria without having booked the ferry pass to/from Ikaria. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Ikaria!
Save time in Ikaria!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to/from Ikaria, this allows you not only to secure your tickets but also to save time in Greece; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Ikaria ferry tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to/from Ikaria, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to/from Ikaria is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Ikaria ferry routes!
If you want to organize your trip to or from Ikaria, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Ikaria and the islands as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to Ikaria.
Get the best deal by Ikaria ferry prices!
Ferry tickets to/from Ikaria can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking tickets to or from Ikaria up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Ikaria ferry confirmation in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Ikaria in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your tickets to/from Ikaria, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
ACCOMMODATION ON IKARIA FERRY
Find out about the ferry types that are running to/from Ikaria, choose the ideal accommodation on the Ikaria Ferry and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry to or from Ikaria.
SCHEDULES FOR IKARIA FERRY
Book your ferry to/from Ikaria with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your ferry trip in Greece!
- The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ticket to and from Ikaria
- With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your prepaid Ikaria ferry ticket
- Schedules may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates and schedules for Ikaria ferry
- With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry ticket to or from Ikaria at a price that fits your budget
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to find timetables and to compare the prices of all ferry companies that run to and from Ikaria Port!
Ikaria is a place with a rich mythological past, and it has connected its name with the mythical figure Icarus. Sandy beaches, running waters, mountains and lush green hillsides compose the majestic relief of the island. Ikaria is also famed for its thermal springs, unique in the whole world for its chemical composition and radiation. Moreover, the unparalleled local lifestyle with a unique work-rest schedule, the famed festivals with traditional…More