Ferry to Ithaca
HOW TO GET TO ITHACA BY FERRY
There are two options for reaching Ithaca by sea. You can drive to the ports of Patras or Kyllini, on the mainland or take the bus from Athens which has a regular service to the island.
From the port of Patras there is a ferry service which departs twice a day in the summertime or once a day the rest period, and stops at Sami in Kefalonia first and then on to Pisaetos port in Ithaca.
From Kyllini port there are frequent daily departures to Kefalonia island and from there with the local ferry to Ithaca.
From Athens to Ithaca via Patras port
- By Train to Patras: The journey lasts about 3,5-4 hours. The train terminal in Athens is called "Larissa Train Station". A one-way ticket costs approx. 17 Euro.
How to reach “Larissa Train Station” from Athens city center
- By Metro: from Omonia, Syntagma and Koukaki stations (Line 2, the red one).
- By Taxi: This will cost approx. 10 euro.
- By Yellow Electric bus: Take the yellow electric bus Nr. 1 to Larissa Train Station.
- By public bus: The best and fastest way to travel from Athens to Patras is by public bus. There is a frequent bus service from Athens to Patras (departures approx. every half an hour).
- KTEL Terminal in Athens: Kifissos Terminal in Kifissou street, Phone: +30 2105136185.
How to reach Kifissos Terminal from Athens city center
- By Taxi: This will cost approximately 10 euro
- By public bus: Take the local bus 051 from Zinonos and Menandrou Str., near Omonia square. Departures every 20 min. from 5 a.m to midnight
How to reach Kifissos Terminal from Athens International Airport
- You can get the direct bus number X93 in order to reach Kifissos station. The bus operates 24 hours / 7 days per week and the service runs about every 30 minutes. The route lasts about one hour.
From Athens to Ithaca via Kyllini port and Kefalonia
- Get to the port of Kyllini and embark on the ferry to Kefalonia and Ithaca.
How to arrive in Kyllini port
- There are frequent bus departures (three to four times a day) from Athens to Kyllini. The bus takes about 4 hours and the price is approx. 26,00 Euro
- The route pass via the villages/cities of Savalia, Gastouni, Andravida, Lechena/Kyllini, Varda, and New Manolada.
- KTEL Terminal in Athens: Kifissos Terminal in Kifissou street, Phone: +30 2105134110, +30 2105134111
- KTEL Kyllini: +30 2623092712
GROUND SERVICES ON ITHACA
The ports of Ithaca
- The ports of Vathy (natural harbour) and Pisaetos serve ferries from Sami (Kefalonia) and Patras.
Public Transportation and road network on Ithaca
- The road network of Ithaca is in good condition and is, generally speaking, tarred.
- The main method of transport for getting around on Ithaca is by public bus or taxi. Taxis are about but not plentiful, although there are always some on hand to meet ferry arrivals.
Public Bus Services on Ithaca
- Buses running daily, except Saturday and Sunday, with two departures at 07.00 and at 14.00, going from Vathi (Chora) to the villages in the northern part of the island (Lefki, Stavros, Platrithias, Frikes and Kioni).
- The schedule of KTEL buses changes during the summer months.
- Phone of Ktel Ithaca: +30 2674032104, +30 2674033120
Taxis on Ithaca
- If you need a taxi by arriving in the port of Vathy or Pisaetos, call in advance (phone: +30 6993925759) or book online. Taxis operate all over the island and can be called by phone to pick you up.
Note: All above information for Ithaca was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES & PRICES
Book your ferry ticket with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your journey in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ferry ticket to or from Ithaca.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Ithaca ferry confirmation. Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules and prices. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry to or from Ithaca at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all operators that run to and from Ithaca by ferry!
Arrange your ferry journey in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to Ithaca in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry ticket. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Ithaca without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Ithaca, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Ithaca without having booked the ferry pass to/from Ithaca. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Ithaca!
Save time in Ithaca!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets but also to save time in Ithaca; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to your destination is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to or from Ithaca, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Ithaca and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Ithaca.
Get the best deal!
Ferry tickets to Ithaca can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to or from Ithaca up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having your ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry ticket, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
Find out about the ferry types that are running to Ithaca, choose the ideal accommodation option on the ferry to Ithaca and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry to or from Ithaca.
The calm and hospitable island of Ithaca (or Thiaki as the locals call it) is ideal for peaceful holidays. The second smallest Ionian island after Paxoi, the former kingdom of Homeric hero Ulysses (according to many scientists) has been inhabited since the Prehistoric Era. Ithaca became prosperous during the Mycenaean years and after this glorious period started to decline. Later, when the Venetians settled in Ithaca, Eptanisians were repatriated…More