Ferry to Karpathos
HOW TO GET TO KARPATHOS BY FERRY
We have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to get to Karpathos as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Karpathos by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel in Karpathos, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices for Karpathos ferry, and real-time departures and arrivals with the ferry to Karpathos.
- Karpathos is connected to Piraeus all year round with 3 weekly departures, while during summertime there are ferry connections from Rhodes, Kasos and Crete.
Getting to Karpathos by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry to Karpathos because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
Cars are allowed on most ferries running to or from Karpathos, for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
- There is a choice of Conventional and High-speed catamaran ferries running frequently to Karpathos with stops along the way.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry to Karpathos destinations!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to Karpathos. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to and from Karpathos by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON KARPATHOS
The ports of Karpathos
- There are two ports in Karpathos: The port of Pigadia and Diafani port in the north of the island next to Olympos village. Karpathos or Pigadia is the capital and the main port of the island and there where the big ferries arrive and depart.
Public Transportation and road network on Karpathos
- Karpathos island has a good network of roads that allowing all means of transport like local buses, taxis and private vehicles. There are many ways to visit the mountainous and seaside locations of the island.
Public Bus Services on Karpathos
- The port, the airport, the main villages and other popular locations are connected by an adequate system of municipal roads. Tickets are purchased on the bus.
The central bus station is located in Pigadia (capital city), opposite the Supermarket Gergatsoulis. Buses serve most of the island villages and beaches.
- Pigadia-Ammopi: approx. 15 minutes
- Pigadia-Menetes: approx. 15 minutes
- Pigadia-Arkassa: approx. 30 minutes
- Pigdia-Finiki: approx. 35 minutes
- Pigadia-Lefkos: approx. 1 hour
- Pigadia-Olympos (via the west coast): approx. 2 hours
- Pigadia-Apella: approx. 40 minutes
- Pigadia-Kyra Panagia: approx. 30 minutes
- Pigadia-Aperi: approx. 20 minutes
- Pigadia-Pyles: approx. 35 minutes
- Lefkos-Arkassa: approx. 30 minutes
- Lefkos-Olympos: approx. 1 hour
- Olympos-Diafani: approx. 15 minutes
- Details to timetables
- Directions and prices
- Public bus phones: +30 2245022338, +30 2245022206
Taxis on Karpathos
- Terminal: Dimokratias street, near the bus station in Pigadia.
- Taxi prices (2018) from Pigadia (approx.)
- Airport 20-25 Euro, Amoopi 12 Euro, Menets 12 Euro, Aperi 12-14 Euro, Volada 15 Euro, Othos 18 Euro, Pyles 22 Euro, Arkasa 22 Euro, Foiniki 25 Euro, Adeia 35 Euro,
- Lefkos 50 Euro, Mesochori 42 Euro, Spoa 33 Euro, Agios Nikolaos 42 Euro, Kyra Panagia 27 Euro, Achata 22 Euro, Apella 32 Euro, Lastos 30 Euro, Olympos 75 Euro,
- Diafani 85 Euro
- Taxi phones: +30 2245022705, +30 6977271997, +30 6981902337, +30 2245022705, +30 6972039749, +30 6977738210
Note: All above information for Karpathos was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY FROM/TO KARPATHOS BY FERRY
Book your ferry tickets to Karpathos with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your journey in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ferry ticket.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Karpathos ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all operators!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TO/FROM KARPATHOS
Arrange your ferry journey in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to Karpathos in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to Karpathos you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry to Karpathos. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Karpathos without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Karpathos, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Karpathos without having booked the ferry pass to Karpathos. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Karpathos!
Save time in Karpathos!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to Karpathos, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets to Karpathos but also to save time in Karpathos; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to Karpathos, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to Karpathos is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to Karpathos, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Karpathos and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Karpathos.
Get the best deal!
Ferry tickets to Karpathos can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to Karpathos up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to Karpathos in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry ticket, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS ON THE FERRY TO/FROM KARPATHOS
Find out about the ferry types that are running to Karpathos, choose the ideal accommodation option on the ferry to Karpathos and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry.
Karpathos is situated in the most south part of Dodecanese complex, between Crete and Rhodes, and is the second largest island of the complex. Basically, it is considered a mountainous island (Kali Limni is the highest peak-altitude 1.214m) full of water springs, pine-trees forests, vineyards, olives and fruit-bearing trees. The rock-caves of the island are the home of the Mediterranean seal called Μonachus monachus, while, along with Kastelorizo…More