Ferry to/from Lesvos
HOW TO GET TO LESVOS BY FERRY
We have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to get to Lesvos as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Lesvos by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel in Lesvos, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices for Lesvos ferry, and real-time departures and arrivals with the ferry to/from Lesvos.
- Ferries depart every day from the Port of Piraeus to the Port of Mytilene. The 10-hour journey is usually overnight, departing Piraeus in the evening and arriving at the island the next morning.
- The ferries connect Lesvos with other ports and islands including Limnos, Agios Efstratios, Chios, Kavala, Mykonos, Samos, Ikaria, Kos and Rhodes.
Getting to Lesvos by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry to/from Lesvos because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
Cars are allowed on most ferries running to or from Lesvos, for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
- There is a choice of modern Conventional ferries running frequently to/from Lesvos with stops along the way.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry to/from Lesvos destinations!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to/from Lesvos. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to and from Lesvos by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON LESVOS
Ports of call in Lesvos
- There are 2 ports in Lesvos: The main port that is situated in the city of Mytilene and Mithymna port in Molyvos that is approx. 60 km north from the capital.
Road link on Lesvos
- Lesvos has a well-developed road network. The island’s roads are going through a major transformation due to European Union funding and all the main routes between major towns are now asphalted.
- The most recent upgrades include the Kalloni to Mandamados route through the birding area of the Napi valley and an improved road in and out of Mytilene to the west of the town.
- The ones leading to the remote and secluded places are dirt or gravel roads. Sometimes, depending on recent weather, these roads are in a poor condition and not suitable for a standard car.
Public Bus Services on Lesvos
- Most buses depart from Mytilene city to all directions.
- The Intercity line serves the city of Mytilene, the suburbs, and the airport and Thermi beach on the north.
- Terminal / Station: Sapfous Square, 49 A Pavlou Kountourioti str. (approx. 1 km from the harbour)
- Tel.: +30 2251046436, +30 6978814001
Long distance towns and villages are served from KTEL Bus Organization. The main routes are to Petra, Sikounda, Agiassos, Vassilika, Lisvori, Polichnitos, Vrissa, Vatera, Kato Tritos, Paleokipos, Plakados, Papades, Skopelos, Trigonas, Plagia, Plomari, Kaloni, Filia, Skalohori, Vatoussa, Andissa, Eressos, Sigri, Mithymna, Agia Paraskevi, Parakila, Agra, Messotopos, Mistegna, Nees Kidonies, Mandamados, Klio and Molyvos.
- Terminal / Station: 2, Agias Eirinis Square (approx. 200 meters from the harbor)
- Tel.: +30 2251028873
- Mail: [email protected]
- Tickets can be purchased from the kiosk/booth on the main Terminal or by the bus driver.
- Taxi ranks are found in Mytilene town center near the Long distance bus station (2, Agias Eirinis Square, approx. 200 meters from the harbor). Taxis are usually painted silver or yellow and are found at all the main resorts such as Petra, Molyvos and Kalloni. Most villages will have at least one local taxi driver on call in the main square.
- Outside the capital, drivers may prefer not to use a meter but will charge about one euro per kilometer. Always agree a price before getting in. Typical inter-village taxis fares are found at Lesvos Taxi Service which operates all over the island and claims cheap rates for island excursions.
- Radio-Taxi: +30 2251023500, +30 2251025900, +30 2251022064, +30 6980544350, +30 6957751800, +30 6934107068
- Taxi in Molyvos and Petra: +30 2253071339, +30 6944629518
- e-mail: [email protected]
Note: All above information for Lesvos was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY FROM/TO LESVOS BY FERRY
Book your ferry to/from Lesvos with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your journey in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ferry ticket to or from Lesvos.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Lesvos ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability to/from Lesvos by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry to or from Lesvos at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all operators that run to and from Lesvos by ferry!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TO/FROM LESVOS
Arrange your ferry journey to/from Lesvos in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Lesvos in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Lesvos you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry to/from Lesvos. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Lesvos without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Lesvos, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Lesvos without having booked the ferry pass to/from Lesvos. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Lesvos!
Save time in Lesvos!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to/from Lesvos, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets o/from Lesvos but also to save time in Lesvos; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Lesvos Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to/from Lesvos, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to/from Lesvos is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Lesvos Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to or from Lesvos, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Lesvos and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Lesvos.
Get the best deal by Lesvos Ferry prices!
Ferry tickets to/from Lesvos can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to or from Lesvos up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Lesvos ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Lesvos in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry to or from Lesvos, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS ON THE FERRY TO/FROM LESVOS
Find out about the ferry types that are running to/from Lesvos, choose the ideal accommodation option on the ferry to/from Lesvos and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry to or from Lesvos.
The fascinating Lesvos with abundant waters, rich flora and fauna, famed olive groves, sweet Mediterranean climate, spas, the unique fossilized forest, charming settlements and incredible samples of industrial architecture (oil mills, soap making, tanneries) from the island’s industrial development in the 19th century, is bound to impress all visitors. It is the third Greek island in size, after Crete and Evia, with a surface of 1,630 km2 and a c…More