Ferry to Limnos
HOW TO GET TO LIMNOS BY FERRY
We have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to get to Limnos as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Limnos by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel in Limnos, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices for Limnos ferry, and real-time departures and arrivals with the ferry to/from Limnos.
- All year round there are ferries running to Limnos from Athens / Piraeus, Lavrion and Kavala (North Greece) while from June to September there are frequent ferries from some Dodecanese (Rhodes, Kos, Kalymnos etc) and other Aegean islands (Chios, Agios Efstratios etc).
- The overnight ferries to Limnos depart every second day from Piraeus and Lavrio (Athens ports) with duration 10 hours and daily from Kavala with duration 4.30 hours.
Getting to Limnos by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry to Limnos because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
Cars are allowed on most ferries running to or from Limnos, for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
- There is a choice of modern regular and High-speed catamaran ferries running frequently with stops along the way.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry to Limnos destinations!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to and from Limnos by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON LIMNOS
Ports of call in Limnos
- The island of Limnos is served by the port of Myrina (main port) and Moudros.
- It takes about 20 min. on foot from Myrina port to the town center or some few min. with public minibus.
Road network on Limnos
- Limnos has a road network of about 200 km. The roads connecting the capital town Myrina to the island’s villages, are asphalt-covered and in a good state. Roads that lead to the main beaches and archaeological sites are also covered with asphalt, except for the one leading to Hephaestia.
- A ring road starting from the port meets the provincial road Myrina – Airport.
Public Bus Services on Limnos
- There are daily bus routes connecting the capital city Myrina with the other villages of Limnos.
- Bus service from Myrina to: Moudros, Skandali, Kontias, Plaka, Atsiki, Katalako, Kaspakas and Thanos.
- Every summer there are buses from Myrina to Plati Beach, Avlonas and Agios Ioannis beach.
- Check departures at the local bus station square in Myrina.
- Bus Terminal in Myrina: Eleftherios Venizelos square
- Phone: +30 2254022464
Taxis on Limnos
- There are 27 taxis on the island of Limnos.
- When the ferry comes, the most taxis waiting at the port and serve the passengers to all directions.
- You can call a taxi wherever you are to get you to your destination.
- Taxi station in Myrina: Eleftheriou Venizelou square
- Phone: +30 2254023820
Taxis in Villages
- Moudros Taxis: Mr. Kalathas +30 6973996716, Mr. Konsoulas +30 6972008388, Mr. Sarris +30 6946863284
- Kallithea Taxis: Mrs. Lagou +30 6946468476
- Livadochori Taxis +30 6977208055
- Varos Taxis: Mr. Mavroidis +30 6945306616
- Kontopouli Taxis: Mr. Manolakoudis +30 6937983939
- Kontias Taxis: +30 6973015206
- Romanou Taxis: Mr. Manoleris +30 6948048108
- Nea Koutali Taxis: Mr. Mpakaimis +30 6964594272
- Kaminia Taxis: Mr. Gargalis +30 6974450697
- Atsiki Taxis: Mr. Skafidas +30 6944582650
- Panagia Taxis: Mr. Mavroudis +30 6974463101
- Tsimandria Taxis: Mr. Fragkaros +30 6944560918
Tip: Most of the hotels on Limnos have their own minibus and will transfer you from the hotel to the port or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
Note: All above information for Limnos was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY TO LIMNOS BY FERRY
Book your ferry to Limnos with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your journey in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ferry ticket to or from Limnos.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Limnos ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability to Limnos by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry to Limnos at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all operators that run to Limnos by ferry!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TICKET TO LIMNOS
Arrange your ferry journey in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to Limnos in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Limnos you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry ticket. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Limnos without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Limnos, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Limnos without having booked the ferry pass to Limnos. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to Limnos!
Save time in Limnos!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to Limnos, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets o/from Limnos but also to save time in Limnos; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Limnos Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to Limnos, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to Limnos is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to or from Limnos, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Limnos and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Limnos.
Get the best deal!
Ferry tickets to Limnos can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to or from Limnos up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having your ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Limnos in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry to or from Limnos, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS ON THE FERRY TO LIMNOS
Find out about the ferry types that are running to/from Limnos, choose the ideal accommodation option on the ferry to Limnos and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry to or from Limnos.
Limnos is a destination for tranquil holidays, true relaxation and contact with nature. Calm bays, stretched beaches and landscapes with volcanic rocks, interchanging with low hills and traditional settlements with stone houses. The land is fertile and Limnians produce wine, honey and cheese, famous from antiquity for their quality. The island extends over a surface of 477 km2, its coastline is 260 km long and it has 18,000 inhabitants.