Ferry to Mytilene
HOW TO GET TO MYTILENE BY FERRY
We have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to get to Mytilene as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Mytilene by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel in Mytilene, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices for Mytilene ferry, and real-time departures and arrivals with the ferry to/from Mytilene.
- Ferries depart every day from the Port of Piraeus to the Port of Mytilene. The 10-hour journey is usually overnight, departing Pireaus in the evening and arriving at the island the next morning.
- The ferries connect Mytilene with other ports and islands including Limnos, Agios Efstratios, Chios, Kavala, Mykonos, Samos, Ikaria, Kos and Rhodes.
Getting to Mytilene by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry to/from Mytilene because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
Cars are allowed on most ferries running to or from Mytilene, for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
- There is a choice of regular ferries running frequently to/from Mytilene with stops along the way.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry to/from Mytilene destinations!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to/from Mytilene. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to and from Mytilene by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON MYTILENE
Ports of call in Mytilene
- There are 2 ports in Mytilene: The main port that is situated in the city of Mytilene and Mithymna port in Molyvos that is approx. 60 km north from the capital.
Road link on Mytilene
- Mytilene has a well-developed road network.
- The island’s roads are going through a major transformation due to European Union funding and all the main routes between major towns are now asphalted.
- The most recent upgrades include the Kalloni to Mandamados route through the birding area of the Napi valley and an improved road in and out of Mytilene to the west of the town.
- The ones leading to the remote and secluded places are dirt or gravel roads. Sometimes, depending on recent weather, these roads are in a poor condition and not suitable for a standard car.
Public Bus Services on Mytilene
- Most buses depart from Mytilene city to all directions.
- The Intercity line serves the city of Mytilene, the suburbs, and the airport and Thermi beach on the north.
- Terminal / Station: Sapfous Square, 49 A Pavlou Kountourioti str. (approx. 1 km from the harbour)
- Tel.: +30 2251046436, +30 6978814001
Long distance towns and villages are served from KTEL Bus Organization. The main routes are to Petra, Sikounda, Agiassos, Vassilika, Lisvori, Polichnitos, Vrissa, Vatera, Kato Tritos, Paleokipos, Plakados, Papades, Skopelos, Trigonas, Plagia, Plomari, Kaloni, Filia, Skalohori, Vatoussa, Andissa, Eressos, Sigri, Mithymna, Agia Paraskevi, Parakila, Agra, Messotopos, Mistegna, Nees Kidonies, Mandamados, Klio and Molyvos.
- Terminal / Station: 2, Agias Eirinis Square (approx. 200 meters from the harbor)
- Tel.: +30 2251028873
- Mail: [email protected]
- Tickets can be purchased from the kiosk/booth on the main Terminal or by the bus driver.
- Taxi ranks are found in Mytilene town center near the Long distance bus station (2, Agias Eirinis Square, approx. 200 meters from the harbor). Taxis are usually painted silver or yellow and are found at all the main resorts such as Petra, Molyvos and Kalloni. Most villages will have at least one local taxi driver on call in the main square.
- Outside the capital, drivers may prefer not to use a meter but will charge about one euro per kilometer. Always agree a price before getting in. Typical inter-village taxis fares are found at Lesvos Taxi Service which operates all over the island and claims cheap rates for island excursions.
- Radio-Taxi: +30 2251023500, +30 2251025900, +30 2251022064, +30 6980544350, +30 6957751800, +30 6934107068
- Taxi in Molyvos and Petra: +30 2253071339, +30 6944629518
- e-mail: [email protected]
Note: All above information for Mytilene was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY FROM/TO MYTILENE BY FERRY
Book your ferry to/from Mytilene with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your journey in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ferry ticket to or from Mytilene.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Mytilene ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability to/from Mytilene by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry to or from Mytilene at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all operators that run to and from Mytilene by ferry!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TO/FROM MYTILENE
Arrange your ferry journey to/from Mytilene in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Mytilene in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Mytilene you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry to/from Mytilene. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Mytilene without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Mytilene, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Mytilene without having booked the ferry pass to/from Mytilene. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Mytilene!
Save time in Mytilene!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to/from Mytilene, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets o/from Mytilene but also to save time in Mytilene; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Mytilene Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to/from Mytilene, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to/from Mytilene is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Mytilene Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to or from Mytilene, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Mytilene and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Mytilene.
Get the best deal by Mytilene Ferry prices!
Ferry tickets to/from Mytilene can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to or from Mytilene up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Mytilene ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Mytilene in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry to or from Mytilene, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS ON THE FERRY TO/FROM MYTILENE
Find out about the ferry types that are running to/from Mytilene, choose the ideal accommodation option on the ferry to/from Mytilene and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry to or from Mytilene.