Ferry to Samos
HOW TO GET TO SAMOS BY FERRY
We have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to get to Samos as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Samos by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel in Samos, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules, prices and real-time departures and arrivals.
- Samos is easily reached by conventional ferries from Piraeus (Athens). The journey takes about 8 to 14 hours (depending on ferry type) and the ferry vessels arrive at both ports in Karlovassi and Vathi.
- There are also frequent ferry connections to Chios, Lesvos and to other islands of the Dodecanese (Kos, Patmos, Kalymnos, Lipsi, Leros and Rhodes) with fast catamaran ferries that are scheduled in the summer period.
- Furthermore, frequent departures from Kavala (north Greece) to Samos via Lesvos and Chios.
- Samos is also connected to Kusadasi (Turkey) with daily catamaran ferries from the port Vathi and Pythagorion.
Getting to Samos by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
Cars are allowed on most ferries for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
- There is a choice of Conventional and High-speed catamaran ferries running frequently to Samos with stops along the way.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry destinations!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to Samos. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to and from Samos by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON SAMOS
The ports of Samos
The island has three major ferry ports:
Road network on Samos
- The road network on Samos is very good, offering visitors the chance to explore and visit various villages, beaches and destinations around the island.
Public Bus Services on Samos
- The island of Samos has a good public bus service which serves various villages and beaches until 8pm.
From the town of Samos:
- 13 daily dep. to Kokkari and Pythagorion
- 8 dep. to Agios Konstantinos and Agios Dimitrios
- 7 dep. to Karlovassi
- 6 dep. to the Heraion
- 5 dep. to Mytilinii village
- 2 dep. to Ormos Marathokampou, Avlakia and Votsalakia
During summer, daily departures from Samos town to the beaches of Tsamadou, Psili Ammos and Heraion.
- 6 daily dep. to Pythagorion
- 2 dep. to Mytilini and Karlovassi
From Vathi bus station, frequent daily departures:
- To Kokkari (20 min.)
- To Pythagorio (25 min.)
- To Agios Konstantinos (40 min.)
- To Karlovasi (1 hour)
- To Heraion (25 min.)
- To Mytilinii village (20 min.)
- To Portrokali (20 min.)
Tickets cost 1,50 to 4,00 Euro depending on distance.
- 5 daily dep. to Heraion (15 min.)
- 4 dep. to Mytilinii (20 min.) and Marathokampos (1 hour)
Tickets cost 1,50 to 7,00 Euro depending on distance.
From Karlovassi daily departures to:
- Agioi Theodori
- Ormos Marathokampou
- Agia Kyriaki
- Public bus phone: +30 2273027262, +30 2273027270
Taxis on Samos
The major resorts of Samos Town (Vathi) and Pythagorion are well served by taxis. The main taxi station in Samos Town is on the main waterfront and there are always taxis waiting there. It is the same in Pythagorion where the taxi center is on the main street just at the junction with the harbour waterfront.
- Samos Taxis: +30 2273028404
- Karlovasi Taxis : +30 2273030777
- Marathokampos Taxis: +30 2273031000
- Pythagoreion Taxis: +30 2273061450
- Kokkari Taxis: +30 2273092585
- Chora Taxis: +30 2273091100
- Mytilinii Taxis: +30 2273051400
Note: All above information for Samos was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY
Book your ferry tickets to Samos with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your journey in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ferry ticket.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Samos ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry to or from Samos at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all operators that run to and from Samos by ferry!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TICKETS
Arrange your ferry journey in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry ride in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the ferry tickets you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry tickets to Samos. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Samos without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Samos, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel without having booked the ferry pass. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets but also to save time; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Samos and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Samos.
Get the best deal!
Ferry tickets to your destination can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to or from Samos up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having your ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry ticket, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS
Find out about the ferry types, choose the ideal accommodation option on the ferry to Samos and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry.
Lush green island with beautiful beaches, traditional settlements, significant archaeological sites and famed wine. The island extends over a surface of 500 km2, its coastline is 150 km long, and it has 34,000 inhabitants.
From the evidence that has been found, derives that human beings have lived on Samos since the 3rd millenium BC, if not earlier. Its history, however, begins at the time of Polycrates, 6th century BC. Before that, history is v…More