Find information for timetables and accommodation options for ferry from Sorrento to Positano and suggestions on how to book your ferry ticket online.
How to get from Sorrento to Positano by ferry
Helpful information on how to get from Sorrento to Positano, how to get to the port of departure with the local transportation network, timetables and prices for the ferry tickets and accommodation options. There are high-speed ferries that run the specific route. High-speeds provide less accommodation options than regular ferries, in exchange for a much shorter journey time!
The ferry is a great choice to admire the Sorrento Peninsula. The trip is not long and there are several departures throughout the week.
Ferry duration from Sorrento to Positano
- The travel time depends on the ferry and varies from 1 to 1.5 hour with a high-speed vessel
- There are several daily departures per week which get denser in summer season, with up to 4 connections per day
- The earliest departure starts at 09:00 while the latest at 16:10
- With just a few clicks, you will see all available departures, plus, you will be able to compare prices in order to choose to best for you
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections from Sorrento to Positano. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
Transportation in Sorrento and Positano
Get information on how to reach the port of Sorrento and how to get around Positano after you disembark from your ship.
Buses in Sorrento
- The blue and red buses will take you to Piazza Tasso which is just a few meters awahy from the port
- Bus tickets can be purchased from newssands and are stamped on the buses
- You can buy a 24 hour ticket (6.80 Euros) or a 3 day ticket (16 Euros)
Taxis in Sorrento
- In the center of Sorrento you can find the taxi piazzas. One is located in Piazza Tasso and the second is along the Corso Italia beside Piazza Angelina Lauro
- Taxis in Sorrento are relatively expensive but is the most comfortable choice. For a 5 km drive, the price is around 15 Euros
- Call the numbers +39 335 58 66 454, +39 333 24 60 813 in order to book a taxi transfer
Buses in Positano
- Positano is very crowded during summer and only a limited amount of cars is allowed to circulate in the city, thus, buses are a good choice to get around. SITA buses operate frequently throughout the day and can transfer you to most poits of interest in Positano
- The blue line bus passes through the town with hourly routes, starting from early in the morning
- Bus tickets are purchased from tobacconists and cafes in Piazza dei Mulini
Taxis in Positano
- The most convinient means on trasport but always have in mind that they are quite expensive
- Call one at +39 349 85 03 669, +39 331 35 58 276
Ferry Schedules Sorrento to Positano
With go-ferry.com you will find all the ferry operators that travel from Sorrento to Positano. In addition, you will be able to compare prices of each of the accommodation options onboard.
Ferry prices may change depending on seasonality. Via our search engine you can get the current ticket fares and the accommodation options on the ferry for your journey.
Enter a date and click on "search" to compare the prices of all ferry operators which serve the route Sorrento-Positano!
Note: Timetables were accurate when they were published, but can change any time without notice.
Accommodation on the ferry
Everything you need to know about the accommodation options on the ferry from Sorrento to Positano. Book the ideal accommodation on the ferry and reach your destination refreshed! Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats or economy deck chairs are available. There is also the opportunity of have a quick snack from the ship's cafe-bar.