An easy guide for how to get to Rafina Ferry Port, schedules and prices for the Ferry from/to Rafina and recommendations for public transportation and services. Explore the website and find all necessary details for the Ferry to Rafina; Connected Routes with departures and frequency, Accommodation options with real-time Availability and helpful tips for transfer opportunities in Rafina!
In the following lines, we have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to reach Rafina ferry port as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Rafina port of departure, local public transportation options to reach the port of Rafina, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices, and real-time departures with the ferry from/to Rafina.
The port of Rafina is located on the northeastern side of the Attica peninsula. It's the closest port to Athens International Airport and connects Rafina with Andros, Tinos, and Mykonos, while in the summer period there are ferries to Paros, Naxos, Ios, Santorini, Syros and Crete.
HOW TO GET TO RAFINA FERRY PORT
FROM ATHENS INT. AIRPORT TO RAFINA
- Athens International Airport is approx. 15 km south of Rafina Town and frequent connections to the port of Rafina by public transportation.
By public Bus Airport-Rafina Port
- The suburban (KTEL) Orange buses from the furthest roadway outside the arrivals hall. To get to the bus stop leave Arrivals by Door 3 (between Alpha Bank and Airport Information), cross over the covered roadways towards the Sofitel Hotel. After passing the escalator to the upper-level turn left towards the orange bus stop pole. Buses are clearly marked with an alternating Rafina electronic sign on the front of the bus. There is a timetable on the bus stop pole. The trip takes around 30-40 minutes. You can buy the ticket from the bus driver when entering the bus.
- Departures (please check online): 04:35, 05:30, 06:10, 06:45, 07:20, 09:00, 10:20, 11:20, 12:20, 13:20, 13:50, 14:20, 15:20, 16:10, 17:15, 18:15, 19:20, 20:20, 21:20, 22:20.
- Itinerary: Runs from the airport to Loutsa/Artemis & the port of Rafina.
- Ticket cost: 3,00-5,00 Euro
By Taxi to Rafina
- A taxi will normally take about 25 minutes to drive from the Airport to the port of Rafina. The distance is about 15 km and costs approx. 30,00 Euro per way (prices 2018).
- The best is to RESERVE ONLINE the taxi drive from the airport to Rafina port.
HOW TO REACH ATHENS INT. AIRPORT FROM RAFINA
- Take the suburban (KTEL) Orange buses that depart from Rafina's port terminal to Athens airport. The trip takes around 30-40 minutes. You can buy the ticket from the bus driver when entering the bus.
- Departures (please check online): 05:05, 06:00, 06:45, 08:00, 08:30, 10:15, 11:30, 12:40, 13:00, 14:00, 14:30, 15:20, 16:10, 17:15, 18:15, 19:05, 20:15, 21:10, 22:00, 23:15.
FROM ATHENS CENTRE TO RAFINA
- Athens is approx. 30 km west of Rafina Town and well connected to the port of Rafina by public transportation.
Athens downtown-Rafina Port by public Bus
- Suburban (KTEL) Orange buses to Rafina leave from Pedion Areos square, in Athens center.
- Buses usually leave every hour and the ride takes about 60 to 70 minutes, depending on traffic.
- To go to Pedion Areos, take the green metro line to Victoria station and then walk up to Mavromateon Street (near the Archaeological Museum of Athens).
- Ticket price (2018): 3,00 Euro. Tel.: +30 2108808000, UPDATED TIMETABLES
By Taxi to Rafina
- A taxi will normally take about 50-60 minutes to drive from Omonoia or Syntagma area to the port of Rafina. The distance is about 30 km and costs approx. 40,00 Euro per way (prices 2018).
- Best is to pre-arrange the taxi drive to Rafina with your hotel receptionist or to RESERVE ONLINE
Note: All above information for Rafina Port was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
Schedules, prices and availability to Rafina by ferry
Book your ferry from/to Rafina with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your ferry trip in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ticket to and from Rafina.
With go-ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your prepaid Rafina ferry ticket.
Ferry schedules may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability from/to Rafina by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry ticket to and from Rafina at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the below fields and click on "search" to find timetables and to compare the prices of all ferry companies that run from/to Rafina Port!
Book in advance your ferry to Rafina
Arrange your ferry journey in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Rafina in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Rafina you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry from/to Rafina. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Rafina without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular islands if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Rafina without having booked the ferry pass to/from Rafina. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Rafina!
Save time in Rafina!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to/from Rafina, this allows you not only to secure your tickets but also to save time in Greece; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Rafina ferry tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to/from Rafina is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more ferry routes!
If you want to organize your trip to or from Rafina, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Rafina and the islands as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to Rafina.
Get the best deal!
Ferry tickets to/from Rafina can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking tickets to or from Rafina up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having your ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Rafina in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your tickets to or from Rafina, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
Accommodation options on the ferry to Rafina
Book your ideal accommodation options on the ferry from/to Rafina and arrive fresh and rested to your destination! Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose from for a day or night ride to or from Rafina port.
Amid the Prehistoric Times, Rafina had officially occupied. The most established finds are from the Neolithic Period, likewise, amazingly was the remaining parts of the Bronze Age (3,000 years B.C.), which was founded by the excavations of Dimitrios Theocharis in the '50s
Amid the antiquated occasions, Rafina was one of the 100 demes of Athens which were characterized by Kleisthenes. The region called Arafin, by the name of its first ruler, Arafinas, who was one of the 100 legends of Attica. In the district of Arafin, lived one of the ten breeds of Attica. Additionally, the territory close to the ocean till Artemida, called "Arafinides Ales and here arrived Orestis and Ifigenia from Tavrida.
One day excursions / cruises from Rafina
While in Rafina, don't miss the chance to visit the famous island of Mykonos or Paros!
Take one of our Full-Day Excursions/Cruises to the treasures of the Aegean Sea, get the chance to take a taste of the life on a Greek island and enjoy it!
- 1-Day Excursion to Mykonos
- 1-Day to Paros