An easy guide for how to take the ferry to Folegandros, schedules, prices and recommendations for local transport services. Explore the website and find the most necessary details as Connected Routes with departures and frequency, Accommodation options with real-time Availability and helpful tips for transfer opportunities in Folegandros!
In the next lines, we'll try to give you the necessary information on how to get to Folegandros by ferry!
Connections to Folegandros
- From Athens ports: Daily morning departures. The journey takes from 4 to 6 hours depending on the ferry type
- From Milos: 2 to 4 daily departures depending on the season period. Trip time about 1 hour
- From Sifnos: 1 dep. in the wintertime and 2 to 3 dep. from May to Oct. The journey last 1,30 hrs
- From Santorini: 2 to 3 dep. from May to Oct. with a travel time of 1 hour
- From Mykonos: 2 daily dep. in the summertime only. Trip of about 4 hrs
Getting to Folegandros by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry to/from Folegandros because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
Give a departure port and a date and find all the connections to your destination
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections from one island to the other. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
The ferry port in Folegandros
- The main port of Folegandros island is located in Karavostasi.
Public Bus Service on Folegandros
There are 3 villages in Folegandros that are connected with 2 local buses. Folegandros has a central road (12 km) that connects Karavostasi, Chora and Ano Meria. Crossing roads lead to beaches and other areas.
There are two (2) local buses that connect the villages.
- Karavostasi – Chora
- Chora – Ano Meria
- Chora - Agali
- Phones: +30 2286041425, +30 2286041328, +30 2286041068
- Details to Bus Timetable
- Timetables may change without notice, we recommend you to check their web site at least 1 week before arriving!
Taxis on Folegandros
- There is just one (1) taxi in Folegandros!
- Please arrange an advance appointment with the driver to pick you up by arrival.
- Tel.: +30 6944693957
Tip: Most of the hotels on Folegandros have their own minibus and will transfer you from the hotel to the port or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
Note: All above information for Folegandros was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
Schedules, prices & ferry tickets
The regular and high-speed ferries connect Folegandros with the most Cyclades islands.
- Athens to Folegandros: From Euro 45,00 (regular ferry) to € 95,00 (high-speed ferry)
- Santorini to Folegandros: From € 35 (regular ferry) to 65,00 (high-speed)
- Naxos to Folegandros: € 70,00 (high-speed)
- Paros to Folegandros: € 85,00 (high-speed)
- Milos to Folegandros: From € 30 (regular ferry) to 55,00 (high-speed)
- Sifnos to Folegandros: From € 35,00 (regular) to € 70,00 (high-speed)
The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers flexibility and faster services for your ferry tickets to Folegandros.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your ferry ticket.
Ferry timetables and ferry prices to Folegandros may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest call with real-time availability.
Complete the below fields and view the actual prices for the ferry ticket to/from Folegandros island!
Advantages to booking in advance
Here are some reasons why you should seriously consider leaving home before completing all your travel bookings.
There are usually offers and special discounts from all ferry operators if the reservation is made several weeks before departure. Make the most of all the discounts!
You'll get the best options
As in a well-known museum where you will not find a ticket if you have not booked in advance, the popular destinations to the Greek islands as Folegandros can be fully booked quickly. You'll also have greater availability of options such as different accommodation types. The best types are reduced as the trip gets closer to the departure!
You will be fully prepared
When everything is done at the last minute, you are more likely to experience minor setbacks and unexpected surprises. Things like changes in your financial budget or loss of itinerary are common occurrences to travelers!
Manage your time better
Once you have provided all the details of the trip you will have more time on Folegandros.
Booking a trip in advance not only gives you peace of mind but also makes you more confident to get-go. Arrange your vacation in the right order (airline tickets, hotel reservations, ferry tickets, car rental) and enjoy your precious time at the destination of your choice.
Accommodation on board
Find out about the ferry types that are running to/from Folegandros, choose the ideal accommodation option on the ferry to Folegandros and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry to or from Folegandros.
Folegandros is the ideal place for relaxing vacations. It has an original Cycladic landscape that has not been influenced by the touristic development. Walking on the paved lanes of Chora and Kastle, climbing Panagia rock with the amazing view of Aegean Sea, swimming in both deserted and busy beaches are some of the island's features that create beautiful Cycladic scenery. It extends over 32 km2 and is located between Sikinos and Milos in the SW side of the Cyclades complex.
Its coastline is 31.5 km long and has 670 inhabitants. According to mythology, leader of the first Cretans that settled here was Folegandros son of Minoa.
What to see in Folegandros
Sights worth visiting:
- The Medieval castle built in 1212 by Venetians under the lead of Markos Sanoudos. Visitors can see here Eleousa (1530), Pantanassa and Aghia Sofia churches which all have remarkable templons.
- Aghios Nikolaos (Metropolitan), Taxiarchis (with icons from the Cretan School) and the “twin” Aghia Ekaterini-Aghios Antonios churches
- Panagia church renovated in 1687 and reconstructed in 1821. Its marble templon, the archbishop's throne and the pulpit are all works of sculptor Karparias who originated from Tinos. Panagia church is located few minutes away from the castle (10-15 minutes walk) in a location where you have an amazing view of Aegean Sea.
- Chrisospilia Cave. It is located in the NE side of the island but in order to visit it first you have to get permission. Safe access is only from the sea and only if the weather is good.
CHRYSOSPILIA CAVE. Recent findings indicate that the cave once constituted a place of worship. It features beautiful stalactites and has not yet been explored. So far, its use has not been established with certainty. Potsherds and human bones have been discovered in its interior. The walls display ancient names that have been written with clay material. The cave is protected by the Archaeological Service.
Citizens’ Advice Bureau: 22860-27171
Folegandros Commune: 22860-41285
Port Authority: 22860-41530
Medical Unit: 22860-41222
Transactions: There are no banks on Folegandros. Transactions can be carried out via an ATM.