An easy guide for how to get to the Cyclades by Ferry, schedules and prices for the Ferry to Cyclades Islands and recommendations for public transportation services. Explore the website and find all necessary details for the Ferry to Cyclades Islands; Ports description, destinations and Routes with schedules and prices, accommodation options with real time availability and helpful tips for transfer opportunities on each island!
Ferry to Cyclades Islands: A Perfect Way to Explore the Greek Paradise
Greece is a country that is blessed with natural beauty, rich history, and a vibrant culture. The Cyclades Islands, located in the Aegean Sea, are one of the most popular tourist destinations in Greece. The islands are known for their stunning beaches, picturesque villages, and ancient ruins. The best way to explore the Cyclades Islands is by ferry, which offers a unique and unforgettable experience.
Why Choose a Ferry to the Cyclades Islands?
There are several reasons why a ferry is the best way to explore the Cyclades Islands. Firstly, the islands are scattered across the Aegean Sea, and the only way to reach them is by sea. Secondly, taking a ferry allows you to enjoy the stunning views of the islands and the sea. Thirdly, ferries are affordable and offer a range of options to suit your budget. Lastly, taking a ferry is a convenient way to travel between the islands as they are well-connected by sea.
Types of Ferries
There are different types of ferries that operate in the Cyclades Islands. The most common ones are:
1. High-speed ferries: These are fast and comfortable ferries that can cover long distances in a short time. They are ideal for those who want to travel quickly between the islands.
2. Conventional ferries: These are slower but more affordable than high-speed ferries. They are ideal for those who want to enjoy the sea views and have a relaxed journey.
3. Catamarans: These are fast and comfortable ferries that are ideal for short distances. They offer a smooth ride and are perfect for those who want to travel quickly between nearby islands.
4. Hydrofoils: These are fast and efficient ferries that can reach high speeds. They are ideal for those who want to travel quickly between nearby islands.
Best Time to Take a Ferry to the Cyclades Islands
The best time to take a ferry to the Cyclades Islands is from May to October. During this time, the weather is warm and sunny, and the sea is calm. The islands are also less crowded during this time, making it easier to explore them without the crowds.
Tips for Taking a Ferry to the Cyclades Islands
1. Book your tickets in advance to avoid last-minute hassles.
2. Check the weather forecast before you travel and be prepared for any changes in the weather.
3. Pack light as there is limited space on the ferries.
4. Carry a jacket or sweater as it can get chilly on the ferry, especially in the evening.
5. Bring some snacks and water as there may not be food available on the ferry.
6. Be prepared for delays as ferries can get delayed due to weather conditions.
7. Respect the environment and do not litter on the islands or in the sea.
Taking a ferry to the Cyclades Islands is an experience that you will never forget. It offers a unique way to explore the islands and enjoy the stunning views of the Aegean Sea. Whether you are traveling solo, with friends, or with family, taking a ferry is an affordable and convenient way to travel between the islands. So, pack your bags and get ready to explore the Greek paradise of the Cyclades Islands!
Ferry trips with regular ferries are four to five hours to the closest islands and from eight to ten hours to the furthest depending on the number of stops. The fast ferries take half the time but cost twice as much. There are daily ferries from Athens/Piraeus or Athens/Rafina to the most of Cyclades islands, with the exception of Kea and Kythnos which you get to from Athens/Lavrio port.
Ferry tickets are purchased for a specific route and for personal use. If you are going to travel to more than one Greek island then you will need to buy a ticket for each route. Every destination is an individual ticket!
According to our customers' searches, we list the most popular ferry routes to Cyclades Islands.
- Athens - Mykonos: Daily departures throughout the year with regular ferries and continuously departures from May to September with high-speed ferries. Trip duration 4-5 hours (half time for fast ferries) and ticket coast 30 to 70 Euro.
- Mykonos - Santorini: Multi daily departures from April to October with fast ferries. Trip duration 4-5 hours and ticket cost 50-80 Euro.
- Santorini - Crete: 3-5 departures on a day from April to October with regular and high-speed ferries. Trip duration 4 hours (half time for fast ferries) and ticket cost 50-80 Euro.
- Mykonos - Paros: 8-10 sailings from April to October with regular and high-speed ferries. Trip duration 1,5 hours (half time for catamaran ferries) and ticket cost 30-48 Euro.
- Naxos - Santorini: 3-4 weekly departures throughout the year with regular ferries and 5-6 departures from May to September with high-speed ferries. Trip duration 2 hours (approx. half time for fast ferries) and ticket cost 30-55 Euro.
- Athens - Milos: 2 weekly departures throughout the year with regular ferries and 4 departures from May to September with catamaran ferries. Trip duration 4-7 hours (approx. half time for speed ferries) and ticket cost 30-70 Euro.
- Milos - Paros: 1-2 daily departures from June to September with fast ferries. Trip duration 2 hours and ticket cost 60-90 Euro.
- Paros - Ios: 4-6 daily departures from June to September with regular and high-speed ferries. Trip duration 3 hours (approx. half time for speed ferries) and ticket cost 20-45 Euro.