A practical guide for how to reach Barcelona port, schedules and prices for the Ferry to Barcelona and recommendations for public transportation services.
In the following lines, we have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to reach Barcelona port as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to reach Barcelona port of departure, local public transportation options to reach the port of Barcelona, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices, and real-time departures with the ferry from/to Barcelona.
The Stazioni Marittime (Maritime Station) is located at Ponte Caracciolo and is the home of five passenger terminals, three serving ferry traffic and two for cruise traffic.
The Ferry Terminal Descent Chiapella is one of Europe's most advanced ferry terminals. Designed to meet the increasing travel requirements related to travel between the port of Barcelona and the Mediterranean islands, Morocco and Tunisia.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry connections to and from Palermo!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to/from Palermo. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to and from Palermo by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
Depending on the ships in operation, check-in procedures may be carried out in the surrounding roads instead of inside the Ponte Caracciolo building (in both cases, one will take precedence over the other, both locations are not used at the same time.
Check-in procedures and passport control at Terminal Traghetti (port ticket office) for foot passengers.
For passengers with vehicles, the check-in procedure may be carried out in the surrounding roads leading to the operational areas.
How to access the port of Barcelona by car
The port of Barcelona is easily reachable by car from any direction you come from: once you have taken the Barcelona Ovest motorway exit, you must keep the left and go on for the centre. Then follow the signs leading to the BARCELONA PORTO.
How to access the port of Barcelona from the central railway station
The PIAZZA PRINCIPE railway station is about 10 minutes walking distance from the Terminal Traghetti.
You may take a taxi (2 minutes) for 5,00 Euro to the port or take one of the city bus lines (bus nr. 19).
How to get to Barcelona port from Barcelona airport
Cristoforo Colombo airport is about 10 km from Barcelona port. It is served by taxies (25,00 Euro approx.) and by the bus (nr. 100 dep. every 30 minutes), which takes you straight to BARCELONA PIAZZA PRINCIPE railway station (4,00 Euro). From there take a 10 min. walk to the Terminal Traghetti or take the city bus nr. 19.
Note: All above information for Barcelona Port was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
Schedules, prices & availability to Barcelona by ferry
Book your ferry to Barcelona with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your ferry trip to your destination! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ticket to and from Barcelona.
With go-ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your prepaid ferry ticket. Ferry schedules may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability to Barcelona by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry ticket to and from Barcelona at a price that fit your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on "search" to find timetables and to compare the prices of all ferry companies that run from and to Barcelona port!
Popular ferry routes from Barcelona
To Balearic Islands
- Barcelona to Ibiza: The route is serviced by several ferry companies, offering both standard and high-speed ferry options. The journey typically takes around 7-8 hours, depending on the type of ferry chosen and sea conditions
- Barcelona to Mallorca (Palma): Several ferry companies operate on this route, offering both standard and high-speed ferry services. The journey typically takes around 7-8 hours, depending on the type of ferry
- Barcelona to Menorca (Mahon/Ciutadella): The journey typically takes around 7-9 hours. It's important to note that the frequency of ferries may vary depending on the time of year, with more options available during the peak summer months
- Barcelona to Alcudia: The journey takes approximately 7-8 hours
- Barcelona to Formentera: The journey takes approximately 3 to 4 hours
- Barcelona to Genoa: The journey typically takes around 18-20 hours, depending on the specific ferry service chosen. Ferries are equipped with comfortable amenities such as cabins, restaurants, and lounges, providing passengers with a pleasant and relaxing travel experience. Additionally, some ferries offer facilities such as onboard entertainment, shops, and outdoor deck areas for passengers to enjoy the scenic views during the crossing
- Barcelona to Rome (Civitavecchia): typically has a duration of around 20 hours. The schedule for this route varies depending on the ferry company and the time of year. Generally, there are several departures per week, with some companies offering daily sailings during peak season
- Barcelona to Porto Torres: Around 10 to 12 hours, depending on the specific ferry company and the type of service offered. Schedules for this route can vary depending on the season, with more frequent departures during the summer months and fewer departures during the winter
- Barcelona to Nador: The ferry route from Barcelona to Nador typically takes around 24 to 30 hours, depending on the specific ferry operator and route taken. The schedules for this route can vary, with some ferries departing in the evening and arriving the following day, while others may have different departure and arrival times. It is advisable to check our user-friendly booking platform for the most up-to-date schedule and duration information, as these can be subject to change
- Barcelona to Tangier: Typically takes around 30 hours. Travelers should also consider any potential time differences between the two cities when planning their journey.
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections from/to Barcelona. The biggest shipping companies announce the new ferry schedules from and to Barcelona by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
Book in advance your ferry to Barcelona
Arrange your ferry journey to Barcelona in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry from or to Barcelona in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets from/to Barcelona you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry to Barcelona. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Barcelona without using it!
During the high season in Barcelona, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel in Barcelona without having booked the ferry pass from/to Barcelona. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry from or to Barcelona!
Save time in Barcelona!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings from/to Barcelona, this allows you not only to secure your tickets but also to save time in Barcelona; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of ferry tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets from/to Barcelona, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip from or to Barcelona is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more ferry routes!
If you want to organize your trip from/to Barcelona, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Barcelona and the islands as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to Barcelona.
Get the best deal!
Ferry tickets from/to Barcelona can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking tickets from or to Barcelona up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling great having the ferry confirmation in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation from/to Barcelona in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your tickets from or to Barcelona, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
Accommodation options on the ferry
Book your ideal accommodation option on the ferry to Barcelona and arrive fresh and rested to your destination! Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ride from or to Barcelona port.