Check-in & Embarkation procedure
CHECK-IN & BOARDING
The check-in process is mandatory and applies to all ports of departure. This should be done either at the check-in desk of the shipping company, located in the harbor/pier/booth or at the appropriate ticket office indicated at the end of the booking process. (Please note that not all shipping companies provide check-in desks at the point of departure and many small islands will also have no check-in provisions). The boarding-tickets are issued during check-in.
Passengers should present themselves at the boarding point as follow:
- Italy-Greece-Italy for foot passengers: at least two (2) hours before departure
- Italy-Greece-Italy for passengers with regular vehicles: at least two (2) hours before departure
- Italy-Greece-Italy for passengers with Motorhomes and/or vehicles with trailer or Camping on board: at least three (3) hours before departure
- Italy-Sardinia, Italy-Sicily, Italy-Spain and v.v. for foot passengers: at least two (2) hours before departure
- Italy-Sardinia, Italy-Sicily, Italy-Spain and v.v. for passengers with vehicles: at least three (3) hours before departure
- Greek islands for foot passengers: at least forty (40) minutes before departure
- Greek islands for foot passengers and vehicles: at least ninety (90) minutes before departure
After this time, the shipping company reserves the right to cancel the reservation without any fare refund.
For the check-in you will need:
- The reservation/confirmation reference numbers that you receive after the reservation has been completed (usually 2 different numbers)
- Identification documents for each passenger (passports or I.D. cards)
- Registration documents for the vehicle/s (if booked)
- Documents for the pet/s (if together)
The shipping company reserves the right to refuse to board to passengers without the above necessary travel documents.
After check-in and if you have a car, drive your vehicle to the parking lot outside the ship and wait to board. Otherwise, continue to board following the orders of the ship’s officers.
INFORMATION FOR VEHICLE HOLDERS
During check-in or boarding, the shipping company reserves the right to check/measure the dimensions of vehicles declared during the booking process. In case of discrepancies, passengers will be required to pay the difference.
- In the case of a ban on the entry of a passenger in another country, the return cost is borne solely by the passenger.
- If a fine is imposed by the Port Authority because of invalid documents of the passenger, then the penalty is payable by the passenger.
- Passport holders of all countries should contact the appropriate consulate for details regarding entry into another country.
- If a passenger wishes to disembark before the ship leaves port, or in another port than the stated original destination, they are obliged to declare it to the ship's accounting office and take with them all their baggage and vehicle.
go-FERRY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL* A RESERVATION IF:
- Passenger and travel leader information is insufficient or false (unknown or deceptive phone numbers and/or email addresses, incorrect or false names of passengers and travel leader, false or incorrect sizes of vehicles, incorrect or incomplete types/categories of vehicles, etc.)
- Credit card holder details are incorrect
- Copies of necessary documents (passport, identity card, proof of credit card ownership, etc.) cannot be provided on time if requested by go-FERRY.
*= Provider Booking Terms are applicable in this case.