HOW TO GET FROM AJACCIO TO NICE BY FERRY
Study the following lines in order to get information on how to get from Ajaccio to Nice by ferry, as well as details on public transportation on both destinations, timetables and prices of the ferries and available accommodation options for your journey.
There is a selection of conventional ferries running frequently from Ajaccio to Nice without stops along the way. Cars are allowed on all ferries, at an additional fee and children/students usually travel at half price. The ferry is the best choice for the route Ajaccio-Nice because you do not have any luggage restrictions and you also are able to bring along your vehicle.
Travel time for Ajaccio to Nice
- The regular ferries whice operate the route, need 6.5-8 hours
Distance between the ports of Nice and Ajaccio
- The distance between the two ports is around 230 km
- There are 3-4 weekly routes
- The earliest starts at 06:00 while the latest at 21:30
- If you choose the night departure, consider booking a cabin for a more comfortable journey
Timetables were accurate when they were published, but can change without notice
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections from Ajaccio to Nice. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
TRANSPORTATION IN AJACCIO AND NICE
Get detailed information on transportation options in both Ajaccio and Nice. The public means of transport are well-developed and very frequent, especially in high season months.
How to reach the port of Ajaccio
From Airport Napoleon Bonaparte
- The bus line 8, which starts from outside the airport's arrivals terminals, operates hourly from early in the morning till late at night and will transfer you to the port
- You can call a taxi by calling +33 495 101 901
From the city center
- There are bus stops all around town and their bus network is developed
- The Muvistrada bus company operates throughout the city with frequent itineraries
- Their main offices are located close to the port, in Cr Napoleon Str., 75
- Call them at +33 495 232 941 for further details
- Call a radio taxi at +33 495 101 901
How to leave the port of Nice
- In Nice, there are many options regarding public transportation, The most convenient are the trams which are the most frequent
- Take the line 1 tram from Old Nice (next to the port) and head to the city center
- There is a shuttle bus which operates every 15 mins and connects the port with the city center (Gambetta Boulevard). They start at 09:00 and finish at 17:30
- The public buses are another alternative and they occur routes from early in the morning till late at night. The bus stop is outside the port
- Call a taxi at +33 610 821 171
SCHEDULES AND PRICES AJACCIO-NICE
Go-Ferry, through its online reservation system, provides you details about all available hours and ferry operators for the route Ajaccio-Nice, gives you the opportunity to compare prices between several accommodation options on board and finally, choose what is best for you.
The price of the ferry ticket depends heavily on the class of the accommodation. The are economy deck seats, business class and cabins. There are also, special discounted tickets as well as fares for children and students.
Ferry prices may change from season to season, so take an optical canvassing via our online search engine so as to get the real-time ticket fares for the accommodation options that you may select for your journey.
Give a date and click on "SHOW PRICES" to compare the fares!
Note: Timetables were accurate when they were published, but can change without notice.
BOOK YOUR TICKETS EARLY
Book in advance your ferry ticket from Ajaccio to Nice
Do not neglect to book your ferry tickets early enough to avoid any last-minute surprises! We are sure that you do not want to ruin your vacation or change your route dates because you will did not find any available itinerary. It is very important to organize your vacation in Nice properly and in time so that nothing spoils your mood. Apart from your hotel reservation, do not forget to book your ferry tickets. Have everything under control before you even leave your home!
On the next page, we will mention some reasons that make it necessary to book your ferry tickets in advance!