Ferry to Chania
HOW TO GET TO CHANIA BY FERRY
In the next lines, we'll try to give you the necessary information on how to get to Chania by ferry!
HOW TO ACCESS THE PORT OF CHANIA
- Souda harbor is situated approx. 7 km to the East of Chania City. There is a regular city bus service every 20 min. that connect Souda port with Chania downtown. If you arrive very early by ferry from Piraeus, is best to take a taxi or waiting for while in a cafe that is situated just outside the harbor. The bus service starts at 6:00 am and ended at 11:00 pm.
CHANIA FERRY CONNECTIONS
- Ferries depart from Piraeus (port of Athens) to Chania on an everyday basis, and the ferry schedule is more frequent during the summer season. There is a ferry that departs Piraeus at 21:00 and arrives in Souda at 05:30 the next morning. Sailing overnight, you'll enjoy a relaxing evening on board with a range of excellent leisure facilities that will keep everyone entertained.
- If you want to sail during the day, take the ferry from Piraeus at 16:00 and arrive in Souda at 22:30.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry connections to/from Chania!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to or from Chania. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to/from Chania by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY TO/FROM CHANIA BY FERRY
Book your ferry tickets to Chania with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your days on Crete! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Chania ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability to Chania by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal at a price that fit your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all operators that run to and from Chania by ferry!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TO/FROM CHANIA
Arrange your ferry journey in advance
It is very important that you have organized your trip to or from Chania in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ticket. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Chania without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Chania, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel in Chania or somewhere else, without having booked the ferry tickets to or from Chania. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to Chania!
Save time in Chania!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to or from Chania, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets but also to save time in Chania; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of ferry tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to Chania, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to or from Chania, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Chania and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or departing Chania.
Get the best deal!
Ferry tickets to or from Chania can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking tickets to or from Chania up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Chania ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry ticket confirmation to or from Chania in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry to/from Chania, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or in your smartphone!
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS ON THE FERRY FROM/TO CHANIA
Book your ideal accommodation options on the ferry to Chania and arrive fresh and rested on your destination! Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry.
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES IN CHANIA
Road network from Chania to the west side of Crete
The road network in Chania area will take you everywhere, since in its most part it is paved (drive carefully), and perhaps only in some of the most unknown and remote beaches you will drive in a dirt road.
Best destinations from Chania:
- Elafonisi, one of the most famous beaches in Greece (75 km)
- Balos beach (50 km)
- Sfakia (70 km)
- Palaiochora (70 km)
Public Bus Service in Chania
- Buses are the best of public transport in Chania a quite extensive network makes it relatively easy to travel around the prefecture.
- The itineraries of the urban bus in Chania are numerous and frequent and they mainly start from the Market Square. The BLUE buses go to Souda port, the tomb of Venizelos and to University.
- With the Blue buses, passengers can also reach Perivolia, Kounoupidiana, Nea Chora, Tsikalaria, Mournies and the region of Nerokourou.
Tel.: +30 2821093345, +30 2821098115
- KTEL GREEN buses they serve most of the villages and places of interest of the county.
- There is a network of KTEL green buses between Chania and Rethymnon with a connection to Heraklion.
- The central station is located near the old Market of Chania. From there you can reach Kasteli, Paleochora, Elafonisi, Sougia, and Agia Irini Gorge, Sfakia, Kolympari, Kares, Palia Roumata, Georgioupolis, Kournas, Vamos, the beach of Almyrida, Kalyves and many more villages of Chania.
- Bus Terminal / Station: 75 Kidonias and Kelaidi str., near to the old Market of Chania
Tel: +30 2821093306, +30 2821093305, +30 2821093052, Details
Taxi services in Chania
By hiring a taxi you can reach not only all parts of the city and its surroundings, but also every corner of the prefecture. Taxis in the city of Chania are BLUE and the charges rates depend on the length of the route per kilometer.
Some indicative taxi prices:
- From the port of Souda to Chania 10-15€, to Platanias 20€, to Kastelli 40-50€, to Falasarna 60-65€, to Elafonisi 80-90€, to Palaiochora 80-90€, to Sougia 80€, to Vamos 25-30€, to Georgioupolis 30-35€, to Sfakia 70-80€.
Taxi stands in Chania
- 1866 square
- El. Venizelou Street, next to the Municipal Market
- P. Kelaidi Street (side Entrance to KTEL Bus)
- Tzanakaki Street (next to the National Bank)
Pre-book a Taxi in Chania
Note: All above information for Chania was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
The city of Chania is built on the area of Minoan Kidonia, at the end of the homonym gulf between Akrotiri and Onicha peninsulas. It was the former capital city of Crete (from 1847 until 1972). Nowadays, it is the second largest city of Crete after Heraklion and capital of the homonym prefecture. Chania includes the old and new city. There are different architectural styles here presenting the historical route of the city. After Arabs and Byzanti…More
ONE DAY EXCURSIONS TO SANTORINI FROM CHANIA
1-DAY SANTORINI EXCURSION
Unfortanelly the One Day Excursion to Santorini isn't any more operated from Chania port!
Instead of Chania, the Excursion now start from the nearby Rethymnon town. Here-under you'll find information on how to reach the port of Rethymnon.
How getting to Rethymnon
From Chania by public bus
From Chania to Rethymnon it takes about 1h 15min by bus. The distance is 60km and the bus fare is about 8-10 Euro per person.
Bus Terminal / Station: 75 Kidonias and Kelaidi str., near to the old Market of Chania
Tel: +30 2821093306, +30 2821093305, +30 2821093052
Alternatively, you can take a taxi from Chania to Rethymnon port. This is about 50min. by taxi and the price is 90-100 Euro.