Ferry to/from Kos
HOW TO GET TO KOS BY FERRY
We have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to get to Kos as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Kos by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel in Kos, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices for Kos ferry, and real-time departures and arrivals with the ferry to/from Kos.
- Kos harbour has frequent ferry service to and from the ports of Piraeus / Athens, Rhodes, Symi, Patmos, Kalymnos and Nisyros. Kos is also connecting with Leros, Syros, Santorini, Astypalaia, Amorgos, Kastelorizo, Lipsi, Tilos and Chalki.
- Travel time from Piraeus (Athens) to Kos is approximately 12 hours, from Bodrum (Turkey) in 20-40 min., Nisyros, Kalymnos as well as to other Cycladic islands, Chios and Mytilini, with service time and dates varying depending on the type of ferry vessel and the time of year.
Getting to Kos by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry to/from Kos because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
Cars are allowed on most ferries running to or from Kos, for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
- There is a choice of modern Conventional catamaran ferries running frequently to/from Kos with stops along the way.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry to/from Kos destinations!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to/from Kos. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to and from Kos by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON KOS
The port of Kos
- At the center of the city of Kos, on its northern coast lies the natural harbour of Kos that hosts the Port of Kos. The port is used by both tourist vessels as well as ferries making routes towards the mainland as well as other islands.
- Kos ferry port is situated in Kos town, in the north-east of the island, and is a lively and bustling port providing fast cat and ferry connections to many of the other Dodecanese islands and Turkey.
Public Transportation and road network on Kos
- The road networks in Kos are in good conditions, with well-placed signposts and safeguards. The island has one major road that stretches across the island. From the downtown, one can head out to the north-east to Kefalos or to the southwest. Smaller, secondary roads make the northern part of Kos accessible.
- The local buses and taxis have a full schedule with regular routes from any region of the island to the town of Kos.
Public Bus Services on Kos
The bus service on Kos is very well organized and the ticket price is inexpensive.
Bus services are handled by two operators in Kos:
- The DEAS bus company runs the green, red and blue routes in Kos Town and the departure station is in the south side of the harbour. Town buses leave every 30 minutes s to Psalidi and to Agios Fokas, Mesaria and Platani. Times are posted at the harbour and the bus station. Timetable: https://www.kosinfo.gr/getting-around-kos-town
- The public KTEL buses travel between cities and their tickets are available on-board on the bus or at the station. You can find the main bus station at 7 Kleopatras Street, north of the center. There are 10 buses daily to Tingaki, six to Kefalos via Paradise beaches, five to Mastichari and Pyli with three daily to Zia.
- Terminal: 7 Kleopatras Street, north of Kos center
- Phone: +30 242022292
Taxis on Kos
- Taxis are plentiful and found at the harbour area, beneath the minaret, or across from the castle. Taxis prices are fixed but check the price before getting in or get a price online. It costs a bit extra to pre-book in advance!
- Book Kos Online Taxi in advance
- Port TAXI Station: +30 2242022777, +30 2242023333-4, +30 2242021666
Note: All above information for Kos was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY FROM/TO KOS BY FERRY
Book your ferry to/from Kos with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your journey in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ferry ticket to or from Kos.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Kos ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability to/from Kos by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry to or from Kos at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all operators that run to and from Kos by ferry!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TO/FROM KOS
Arrange your ferry journey to/from Kos in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Kos in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Kos you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry to/from Kos. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Kos without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Kos, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Kos without having booked the ferry pass to/from Kos. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Kos!
Save time in Kos!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to/from Kos, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets o/from Kos but also to save time in Kos; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Kos Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to/from Kos, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to/from Kos is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Kos Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to or from Kos, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Kos and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Kos.
Get the best deal by Kos Ferry prices!
Ferry tickets to/from Kos can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to or from Kos up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Kos ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Kos in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry to or from Kos, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS ON THE FERRY TO/FROM KOS
Find out about the ferry types that are running to/from Kos, choose the ideal accommodation option on the ferry to/from Kos and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry to or from Kos.
The endless coasts with the turquoise waters, the vegetation, the affluent water springs, the ancient and medieval monuments, as well as the impressive Italian buildings feature Kos island; the third largest island of Dodecanese complex, located just 4 miles away from the Turkish coasts. The name «Kos» probably derives from the daughter of the mythical King Meropas, called Koos. Kos is the birthplace of Hippocrates «the father of medicine» (460-3…More