Ferry to Rhodes
HOW TO GET TO RHODES BY FERRY
We have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to get to Rhodes as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Rhodes, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel in Rhodes, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices, and real-time departures and arrivals.
The port of Rhodes has daily connections to the port of Piraeus (Athens). The trip lasts approx. 12 hours with short stops at the islands of Leros, Kalymnos and Kos. Rhodes is also connected directly to all the other islands of the Dodecanese, Crete and Turkey (Marmaris and Fethiye).
Getting to Rhodes by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
Cars are allowed on most ferries for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
- There is a choice of modern Conventional and High-speed catamaran ferries with stops along the way.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry destinations!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON RHODES
Rhodes harbors and ports
- Rhodes has four ports, three of them in Rhodes City and one in the west coast near ancient Kamiros
- Central Port: located in the city of Rhodes serves exclusively international traffic consisting of scheduled services to/from Turkey.
- Kolona Port: opposite and north of the central port, serves intra-Dodecanese traffic.
- Akandia Port: the new port of the island (south and next to the central port) with passengers terminal. At the moment serves cruise ships on peak days.
- Kamiros Skala Dock: 30 km southwest of the city near Kamiros serves mainly the island of Chalki with local boats.
Road network on Rhodes
The network in Rhodes is the largest of the Dodecanese islands in terms of land area.
There are four major arteries:
- Rhodes - Kamiros, Province: Two lanes, runs through the west coast north to south and connect Rhodes City with Diagoras Airport and Kamiros.
- Rhodes - Lindos, Road 95: Four and two lane runs mainly inland north to south and connects Rhodes town with Lindos.
- Rhodes - Kallithea, Province: Two lanes, runs through the east coast north to south and connect Rhodes City with Faliraki Resort.
- Tsairi - Airport: Four and two lane runs inland east to west and connects the east coast with the west and the airport.
Public Bus Services on Rhodes
- The central bus station is located at the back of the New Markets / (Nea Agora) building.
- Tickets can be purchased from the bus station kiosk as well from mini-markets and other kiosks.
- Bus services are handled by two city operators:
- RODA (blue-white): Serve Rhodes Town, suburban areas (Faliraki, Ialysos, Kremasti, Airport, Pastida, Maritsa, Paradeisi) and the entire west coast.
- Timetables: Click on TIMETABLE or ΔΡΟΜΟΛΟΓΙΑ
- Terminal: Averof Street near Rimini Sq.
- Tel.: +30 2241026300, +30 2241024129
- KTEL (yellow-orange): Serve villages and resorts in the east coast.
- Terminal: Rimini Square, 17 M. Konstantinou str., Rhodes city
- Τel: +30 2241024268, +30 2241027706
Taxis on Rhodes
- TAXI stations are located in certain places in the city and in central sites of other cities and villages of the island.
- In the city of Rhodes TAXI stations are located at: Papagou & Eleftherias str. in Mandraki Square, next to old port, Tel. +30 2241027666.
- Specially adjusted vehicle including driver and escort for disabled: +30 2241072571, +30 6949745436.
- Book in advance online Taxi in Rhodes
- Diagoras Radio Taxi: +30 2241065555
- Taxis in Rhodes Town: +30 2241069800
- Taxi Stations around the Island: Afandou +30 2241051777, Faliraki: +30 2241085444, Ialyssos: +30 2241092515, Ixia: +30 2241069600, Kremasti: +30 2241094528,
- Lardos: +30 2244044047, Lindos: +30 2244031466, Pefki: +30 2244048450, Kiotari: +30 2241069600, Vlicha: +30 2241069600
Note: All above information for Rhodes was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY TO RHODES
Book your ferry tickets to Rhodes with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your journey in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Rhodes ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry to or from Rhodes at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all operators that run to and from Rhodes by ferry!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR TICKET TO RHODES
Arrange your ferry journey in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry ride in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry ticket. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Rhodes without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Rhodes, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Rhodes without having booked the ferry pass. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry!
Save time in Rhodes!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings, this allows you not only to secure your tickets but also to save time in Rhodes; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the tickets, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to Rhodes is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to Rhodes, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Rhodes and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Rhodes.
Get the best deal!
Ferry tickets to Rhodes can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to or from Rhodes up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having your ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Rhodes in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ticket, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS
Find out about the ferry types that are running to Rhodes, choose the ideal accommodation option on the ferry to Rhodes and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry to or from Rhodes.
Rhodes, the largest of the Dodecanese islands, is not an ordinary holiday resort but a cosmopolitan place with an international reputation.
Indeed, this relatively limited space, endowed with innumerable natural beauties, is rightly considered a tourists' paradise. Holidays here are not restricted to the three summer months, as the sunny period lasts much longer.
In Rhodes everyone can choose their preferred type of holiday -- the intensity of an…More