Ferry to/from Sifnos
HOW TO GET TO SIFNOS BY FERRY
We have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to get to Sifnos as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Sifnos by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel in Sifnos, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices for Sifnos ferry, and real-time departures and arrivals with the ferry to/from Sifnos.
- Sifnos island is connected daily from Athens/Piraeus harbor.
- The ferries also connect Sifnos with other islands, including Milos, Serifos, Folegandros, Mykonos, Santorini, Naxos and Paros.
Getting to Sifnos by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry to/from Sifnos because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
Cars are allowed on most ferries running to or from Sifnos, for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
- There is a choice of Conventional and High-speed catamaran ferries running frequently to/from Sifnos with stops along the way.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry to/from Sifnos destinations!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to/from Sifnos. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to and from Sifnos by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON SIFNOS
The ferry port in Sifnos
- The port settlement, on the west coast of the island, is known as Kamares.
- The ferry trip from Athens to Sifnos takes from 3 to 6 hours, depending on the vessel and the route.
- The ferry also connects Sifnos with other islands of Cyclades, including Milos, Kimolos, Kythnos, Serifos and others.
Public Transportation on Sifnos
- The road network of Sifnos is considered as one of the most evolved and best preserved in Cyclades. With asphalt at most of its length, and right road labeling, your transportation is done with absolute safety. You can reach in the twelve (12) villages of Sifnos using the public transportation of the island which is composed from 4 buses and 10 taxis.
Public Bus Services on Sifnos
- Upon arrival at Kamares Port, find the bus schedule posted at the nearby tourist office. Bus departures from the port generally coincide with the ferry schedule, so you shouldn’t have to wait long for a ride. The island bus can deliver you to any village on the island within 20 minutes and costs just 2 and 4 Euro.
- The public transportation of the island is organized with services carried out in a circle starting from Artemonas with stopovers at Apollonia, Platis Gialos, Faros, Vathi, Kastro, Kamares and Heronissos. During summer, there are more frequent services to better serve its visitors. You will find the timetable posted both at the starting point and at each stop.
The main directions from Artemonas port:
- Artemonas - Apollonia – Kamares
- Artemonas - Apollonia - Platis Gialos
- Artemonas - Apollonia – Faros
- Artemonas - Apollonia – Vathi
The main directions from Apollonia:
- Apollonia – Kastro
- Apollonia - Artemonas - Cheronissos
Taxis on Sifnos
The transportation in Sifnos, in addition to the buses, is also served by ten (10) taxis.
Each taxi has a number in a visible place. So you can distinguish what is the taxi dialed (eg. at the port on your arrival). It is advisable if you want a taxi waiting for you when you arrive, to make an appointment.
- Taxi Νο 1: +302284031216
- Taxi Νο 2: +302284031661, +306944742652
- Taxi Νο 3: +302284031777, +306944761210
- Taxi Νο 4: +302284031626, +306944444904
- Taxi Νο 5: +302284031719, +306944642680, +306972359886
- Taxi Νο 6: +302284031656, +306944696409
- Taxi Νο 7: +302284031295, +306932403485
- Taxi Νο 8: +302284031173, +306944936111
- Taxi Νο 9: +302284033570, +306944900972
- Taxi Νο 10: +302284031473, +306973209720
Tip: Most of the hotels on Sifnos have their own minibus and will transfer you from the hotel to the port or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
Note: All above information for Sifnos was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY FROM/TO SIFNOS BY FERRY
Book your ferry to/from Sifnos with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your journey in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ferry ticket to or from Sifnos.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Sifnos ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability to/from Sifnos by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry to or from Sifnos at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all operators that run to and from Sifnos by ferry!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TO/FROM SIFNOS
Arrange your ferry journey to/from Sifnos in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Sifnos in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Sifnos you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry to/from Sifnos. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Sifnos without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Sifnos, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Sifnos without having booked the ferry pass to/from Sifnos. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Sifnos!
Save time in Sifnos!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to/from Sifnos, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets o/from Sifnos but also to save time in Sifnos; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Sifnos Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to/from Sifnos, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to/from Sifnos is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Sifnos Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to or from Sifnos, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Sifnos and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Sifnos.
Get the best deal by Sifnos Ferry prices!
Ferry tickets to/from Sifnos can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to or from Sifnos up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Sifnos ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Sifnos in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry to or from Sifnos, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS ON THE FERRY TO/FROM SIFNOS
Find out about the ferry types that are running to/from Sifnos, choose the ideal accommodation option on the ferry to/from Sifnos and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry to or from Sifnos.
Traditional white Cycladic villages with numerous churches, picturesque lofts with pigeons, wind mills and beaches with crystal clear waters compose the picture of Sifnos. The island flourished during the ancient times due to the gold and silver mines and the quarry of "Sifno's stone". From 1687 until 1854 Sifnos was a great cultural center, and the famous Aghios Tafos (Holy Tomb) School, also known as "School of Archipelago” functioned here. The…More