Ferry to/from Skopelos
HOW TO GET TO SKOPELOS BY FERRY
We have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to get to Skopelos as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Skopelos by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel in Skopelos, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices for Skopelos ferry, and real-time departures and arrivals with the ferry to/from Skopelos.
There are 3 different ways to get to Skopelos island by ferry
- From the port of Agios Konstantinos (Kamena Vourla). The distance from Athens to Agios Konstantinos is approx. 120 km and the drive takes about 2 hours.
- From Volos. Approx. distance from Athens to Volos: 300 km in 3,5 hours.
- From Thessaloniki (suspended)
- From Skiathos
Getting to Skopelos by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry to/from Skopelos because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
Cars are allowed on most ferries running to or from Skopelos, for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
- There is a choice of regular and High-speed catamaran ferries running frequently to/from Skopelos with stops along the way.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry to/from Skopelos destinations!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to/from Skopelos. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to and from Skopelos by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON SKOPELOS
The ferry ports of Skopelos
The island has three ports:
- Skopelos is the main port (in town/Chora)
- Glossa port (known also as Loutraki port), northwest of the island and closer to Skiathos
- Agnontas port (a southwest port which is used on some days when the north winds hinder the approach to the harbour of Skopelos)
Road network on Skopelos
- The road network on Skopelos covers a distance of 37 km from Chora (town) of Skopelos to the port of Glossa/Loutraki.
- There are many bends but the routes are wonderful through the dense forests.
- In general, the network is good and lay with asphalt.
- There are many potholes but you will not come up against problems with your transports.
Public Bus Services on Skopelos
- The island has 4 buses running all round year from Chora to Glossa and Loutraki port with stopovers to countryside and beaches. Distance 32 km, duration approx. 55 minutes, price 6,00 Euro.
- There are buses that run daily from Skopelos to Stafylos, Agnontas, Panormos, Milia, Elios, Klima and back through Loutraki, Milia and Agnontas. There are also several buses daily to Agnontas. Extra bus services are added during the peak season.
- Bus Terminal: 100 meters from Skopelos main harbour next to the taxi rank.
- The timetables are updated shortly after they are posted in each bus station. Usually, indicative information is updated in the first days of each month.
Taxis on Skopelos
- The main taxi stand is in Skopelos Town (Chora) near the bus station and about 100 meters from the main port. Taxis have fixed rates to various destinations.
- Taxis in Chora: +30 6944843738, +30 6972693375, +30 6944132143, +30 6982539919, +30 6945999596, +30 6945149342, +30 6944820468, +30 6972429568
- Taxis in Glossa: +30 6988544272, +30 6979031303, +30 6944734024, +306978025718
- Taxi in Neo Klima: +30 6972841329
Tip: Most of the hotels on Skopelos have their own minibus and will transfer you from the hotel to the port or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
Note: All above information for Skopelos was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY FROM/TO SKOPELOS BY FERRY
Book your ferry to/from Skopelos with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your journey in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ferry ticket to or from Skopelos.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Skopelos ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability to/from Skopelos by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry to or from Skopelos at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all operators that run to and from Skopelos by ferry!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TO/FROM SKOPELOS
Arrange your ferry journey to/from Skopelos in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Skopelos in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Skopelos you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry to/from Skopelos. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Skopelos without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Skopelos, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Skopelos without having booked the ferry pass to/from Skopelos. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Skopelos!
Save time in Skopelos!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to/from Skopelos, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets to/from Skopelos but also to save time in Skopelos; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Skopelos Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to/from Skopelos, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to/from Skopelos is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Skopelos Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to or from Skopelos, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Skopelos and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Skopelos.
Get the best deal by Skopelos Ferry prices!
Ferry tickets to/from Skopelos can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to or from Skopelos up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Skopelos ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Skopelos in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry to or from Skopelos, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS ON THE FERRY TO/FROM SKOPELOS
Find out about the ferry types that are running to/from Skopelos, choose the ideal accommodation option on the ferry to/from Skopelos and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry to or from Skopelos.
It is the biggest in length island (after Skiros) in North Sporades complex, 80% of which is covered by pine forests, plum trees, vineyards and olive groves. According to mythology its first inhabitant was Stafilos, son of Dionysus (or Thiseas) and Ariadne. The island extends over a surface of 101 km2, its coastline is 67 km long and it has 5,000 inhabitants.
The island was inhabited probably in the Neolithic period. Its ancient name was Peparet…More