Ferry to/from Symi
HOW TO GET TO SYMI BY FERRY
We have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to get to Symi as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Symi by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel in Symi, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices for Symi ferry, and real-time departures and arrivals with the ferry to/from Symi.
- All year round there are ferries running to Symi from Rhodes, Athens and Piraeus, while from May to September there are frequent ferries from Kos, Kalymnos, and from some more Aegean islands.
Getting to Symi by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry to/from Symi because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
Cars are allowed on most ferries running to or from Symi, for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
- There is a choice of regular and High-speed catamaran ferries running frequently to/from Symi with stops along the way.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry to/from Symi destinations!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to/from Symi. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to and from Symi by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON SYMI
The ports of Symi
- The main port of Symi is Gialοs. Big ferriеs arrive at Gialоs port.
- The second port is Pаnormitis, a smаll seasidе village known fоr the Mοnаstеry of Archangel Мiсhael аt thе seafrоnt.
- In thе summer months, local Catamaran ferries depart from Rhodes to Рanоrmitis port as well.
Public Bus Services on Symi
- The Symi green bus (urban) does an hourly shuttle from Gialos port to the village (Chorio) and down to Pedi Bay up to 11 o'clock at night. Flat fare 1,50 Euro (2018).
- Phone: +30 6945316248, +30 6976694999
- With “Panormitis Bus” from Symi to Panormitis. Duration 30 min. with stops on the way to take photos!
- Phone: +30 2246071311
- Terminal for both routes: Bus stop on the right-hand side of the harbour.
- Tickets are purchased on the bus.
Taxis on Symi
- Half a dozen taxis operate out of Gialos. The longest trip is from Gialos to Panormitis. Agree the price before getting in.
- MR. CHARISOPOULOS THANASIS: +30 6946568731
- MR. TSAVARIS KOSTAS: +30 6945252308
- MR. PETRIDIS GIORGOS: +30 6974623492
- MR. MAKROPOULOS THODORIS: +30 6945273842
- MR. KOURDOUMPAS STAMATIS: +30 6945226348
Water Taxis in Symi
- Water taxis run frequently out of the harbour at Gialos to Agia Marina, Agia Nikolaos, Nanou and Marathounda (prices from 6,00 to 14,00 Euro) and also in the north direction to Nimborio (6,00 Euro).
- In high season there is at least one departure in every hour, from 9am onwards, with the last boat back usually at 5pm or 6pm.
Note: All above information for Symi was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY FROM/TO SYMI BY FERRY
Book your ferry to/from Symi with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your journey in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ferry ticket to or from Symi.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Symi ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability to/from Symi by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry to or from Symi at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all operators that run to and from Symi by ferry!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TO/FROM SYMI
Arrange your ferry journey to/from Symi in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Symi in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Symi you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry to/from Symi. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Symi without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Symi, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Symi without having booked the ferry pass to/from Symi. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Symi!
Save time in Symi!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to/from Symi, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets o/from Symi but also to save time in Symi; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Symi Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to/from Symi, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to/from Symi is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Symi Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to or from Symi, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Symi and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Symi.
Get the best deal by Symi Ferry prices!
Ferry tickets to/from Symi can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to or from Symi up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Symi ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Symi in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry to or from Symi, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS ON THE FERRY TO/FROM SYMI
Find out about the ferry types that are running to/from Symi, choose the ideal accommodation option on the ferry to/from Symi and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry to or from Symi.
Symi is a member of the Dodecanese group of islands and lies 24 nautical miles to the north east of Rhodes and 255 miles from Piraeus. Its area is 67 square kilometres (26 square miles), with many bays and headlands. Since the island is mountainous and arid, the majority of its inhabitants used to be employed in the sponge industry, shipping, fishing, shepherding and very small scale farming. Nowadays the majority are engaged in tourism, commerce…More