Ferry to/from Tinos
HOW TO GET TO TINOS BY FERRY
We have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to get to Tinos as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Tinos by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel in Tinos, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices for Tinos ferry, and real-time departures and arrivals with the ferry to/from Tinos.
- All year round there are ferries running to Tinos from Athens, Piraeus and Rafina, while from May to September there are frequent ferries from Crete (Heraklion and Rethymnon), Mykonos, Andros, Syros, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Ios, and from some more Aegean islands.
Getting to Tinos by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry to/from Tinos because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
Cars are allowed on most ferries running to or from Tinos, for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
- There is a choice of Conventional and High-speed catamaran ferries running frequently to/from Tinos with stops along the way.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry to/from Tinos destinations!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to/from Tinos. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to and from Tinos by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON TINOS
The port of Tinos is connected daily with Rafina port by at least 5 ferry routes. Itineraries are executed by modern and comfortable passenger-car ferries. The port is also connected with most of the Cyclades islands.
Public Transportation on Tinos
- Tinos has a very good road network with road rings. Most of the seaside and mountainous villages can be accessed with the local buses or taxis with frequent routes on a daily basis.
Public Bus Services on Tinos
- There are frequent departures from Tinos (Chora) to Kioni, Steni, Monastery of Agia Pelagia, Volax, Kaloni, Agios Fokas and several daily to Panormos via Pyrgos and Kampos.
- Buses are reliable and cover the major settlements so wherever you stay you can catch a bus to the start of your walk and/or use one at the end. You buy the tickets on the bus.
- Timetables can be obtained at the bus station and are displayed on some bus stops.
- The bus station is beside the Catholic Church on the harbor, above the pier where the large island boats dock.
- Details to Bus Timetable
- Phones: +30 2283022440, +30 6947200440, +30 6944365703
Taxis on Tinos
- Taxis hang out on Trion Ierarchon Street, which runs uphill from the harbor just before Palamaris supermarket and Hotel Tinion.
- Calculated fares for most destinations are posted on the dashboard of each taxi cab. Alternatively, you may ask the driver to activate the taximeter.
- If you want to call a taxi to get to a beach, you can arrange an appointment with the driver to pick you up on a specific time.
- The phone numbers of the taxi drivers in Tinos: +30 6945994632, +30 2283026000, +30 2283022470
Tip: Most of the hotels on Tinos have their own minibus and will transfer you from the hotel to the port or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
Note: All above information for Tinos was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY FROM/TO TINOS BY FERRY
Book your ferry to/from Tinos with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your journey in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ferry ticket to or from Tinos.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Tinos ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability to/from Tinos by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry to or from Tinos at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all operators that run to and from Tinos by ferry!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TO/FROM TINOS
Arrange your ferry journey to/from Tinos in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Tinos in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Tinos you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry to/from Tinos. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Tinos without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Tinos, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Tinos without having booked the ferry pass to/from Tinos. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Tinos!
Save time in Tinos!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to/from Tinos, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets o/from Tinos but also to save time in Tinos; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Tinos Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to/from Tinos, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to/from Tinos is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Tinos Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to or from Tinos, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Tinos and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Tinos.
Get the best deal by Tinos Ferry prices!
Ferry tickets to/from Tinos can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to or from Tinos up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Tinos ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Tinos in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry to or from Tinos, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS ON THE FERRY TO/FROM TINOS
Find out about the ferry types that are running to/from Tinos, choose the ideal accommodation option on the ferry to/from Tinos and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry to or from Tinos.
Tinos is one of the most charming – although “unknown”- islands of the Cyclades, situated at the northern part of the complex, among Siros, Andros and Mykonos. It is closely associated with Panaghia Megalochari church and thousands of Christians come to Tinos to embrace the icon of Virgin Mary every year on August 15th seeking for help and consolation.
Although it is widely known as a religious center, Tinos has a lot of natural beauty and importa…