Ferry to Tinos
HOW TO GET TO TINOS BY FERRY
We have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to get to Tinos as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Tinos by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel in Tinos, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices for Tinos ferry, and real-time departures and arrivals.
- All year round there are ferries running to Tinos from Athens, Piraeus and Rafina, while from May to September there are frequent ferries from Mykonos, Andros, Syros, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Ios, and from some other Cyclades islands
Getting to Tinos by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
Cars are allowed on most ferries running to or from Tinos, for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
- There is a choice of Conventional and High-speed ferries running frequently with stops along the way.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry destinations!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
- Tinos has a very good road network with road rings. Most of the seaside and mountainous villages can be accessed with the local buses or taxis with frequent routes on a daily basis.
Public Bus Services on Tinos
- There are frequent departures from Tinos (Chora) to Kioni, Steni, Monastery of Agia Pelagia, Volax, Kaloni, Agios Fokas and several days to Panormos via Pyrgos and Kampos.
- Buses are reliable and cover the major settlements so wherever you stay you can catch a bus to the start of your walk and/or use one at the end. You buy the tickets on the bus.
- Timetables can be obtained at the bus station and are displayed on some bus stops.
- The bus station is beside the Catholic Church on the harbor, above the pier where the large island boats dock.
- Details to Bus Timetable
- Phones: +30 2283022440, +30 6947200440, +30 6944365703
Taxis on Tinos
- Taxis hang out on Trion Ierarchon Street, which runs uphill from the harbor just before Palamaris supermarket and Hotel Tinion.
- Calculated fares for most destinations are posted on the dashboard of each taxicab. Alternatively, you may ask the driver to activate the taximeter.
- If you want to call a taxi to get to a beach, you can arrange an appointment with the driver to pick you up on a specific time.
- The phone numbers of the taxi drivers in Tinos: +30 6945994632, +30 2283026000, +30 2283022470
Tip: Most of the hotels on Tinos have their own minibus and will transfer you from the hotel to the port or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
Note: All above information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
ITINERARIES & DEPARTURES
The port of Tinos is connected daily with Rafina port by at least 5 ferry routes. Itineraries are executed by modern and comfortable passenger-car ferries. The port is also connected with most of the Cyclades islands.
Itineraries and departures
From Rafina port
- Daily dep. at 07:00, 07:15, 07:30, 07:45, 16:45, 17:30
- Duration with Regular ferries: 3,30 hrs
- With High-speed ferries: 2 hrs
- High frequency of departures on weekends and peak seasons
From Piraeus port
- Daily dep. from Piraeus at 07:30
- Duration 4,30 hrs
- Daily at 10:00, 13:45, 14:15, 16:00
- Duration: from 20 min. to 1 hour
- More frequent on weekends and peak seasons
- Daily at 11:30
- Journey time: 30 min.
- Daily at 10:35, 11:00, 13:0, 16:00
- Trip time: from 1,20 to 2 hrs
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest call of dates, schedules, prices, and availability to Tinos by ferry.
Choose the ideal accommodation options on the ferry to Tinos and get fresh and relaxed at your destination.
IS IT NECESSARY TO BOOK IN ADVANCE
Arrange your ferry journey in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Tinos in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Tinos you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry to Tinos. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Tinos without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Tinos, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Tinos without having booked the ferry pass to/from Tinos. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Tinos!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to Tinos, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets to Tinos but also to save time in Tinos; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to Tinos, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to Tinos is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to or from Tinos, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Tinos and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Tinos.
Get the best deal!
Ferry tickets to Tinos can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to or from Tinos up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Tinos ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Tinos in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry to or from Tinos, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
Tinos is one of the most charming – although “unknown”- islands of the Cyclades, situated at the northern part of the complex, among Siros, Andros and Mykonos. It is closely associated with Panaghia Megalochari church and thousands of Christians come to Tinos to embrace the icon of Virgin Mary every year on August 15th seeking for help and consolation.
Although it is widely known as a religious center, Tinos has a lot of natural beauty and importa…