Ferry Nice Bastia
HOW TO GET FROM NICE TO BASTIA BY FERRY
Useful details on how to get from Nice to Bastia by ferry, how to get to the port of departure and how to leave the port of arrival with the local transport network, timetables and prices for the ferry tickets, as well as available accommodation options on board.
There is a selection of conventional ferries running frequently and directly from Nice to Bastia. Cars are allowed on those large ferries at an additional fee while children and students usually travel at half price!
Duration of the journey between Nice and Bastia
- The distance between the two ports is around 210 km
- There are only conventional ferries operating on this route. These types of ferries offer plenty of accommodation options
- The travel duration varies from 6 to 8 hours
Frequency of the ferries
- There are at least 3 daily departures in high season
- The earliest departure starts in the morning at 10:00
- The latest departure is at 19:00
- If you choose the night itinerary, you better consider booking a cabin in order to arrive refreshed at your destination
Note: Timetables were accurate when they were published, but can change without notice.
GROUND SERVICES IN NICE AND BASTIA
Ground services such as buses, trams and taxis are well-developed in both Nice and Bastia and you will have no problem in reaching or leaving the port areas. The public means of transport connect all the main points of interest effortlessly and without big costs.
Transportation in Nice
From Nice Airport to port in Old City
- Outside the arrivals terminals you will find the bus stop. Board on the line 12 bus which will take you to the port
- As an alternative, you can take the line 2 tram towards the port
- Grab a cab from outside the airport facilities or call +33 636 124 824
From Nice city center
- Use the line 1 tram and reach the port of Nice in no time
- Take the shuttle bus from Gambetta Boulevard which operates every 15 minutes, from morning till 17:30
- Public buses are a great choice too but be aware, since they get crowded in summer
- Call +33 636 124 824 for a scheduled taxi transfer
How to leave the port of Bastia
- There are bus stops just outside the port facilities and buses will take you anywhere in town, depending on the line you choose
- The lines 1,2,3,A,B,N are operating towards the south side of Bastia. Lines 4,5 towards the west and lines 6 and C will transfer you to northern Bastia
- Call the number +33 495 327 070 for a taxi transfer
TIMETABLES AND PRICES
With go-Ferry.com you will find all the ferry operators that travel from Nice to Bastia and in addition, you will be able to compare prices for each of the accommodation options onboard. The ferry ticket's price depends on the type of ferry and the class of the accommodation. There are special discounted tickets as well as fares for children and students. Ferry prices may change from season to season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to get the current ticket fares.
Give a date and click on "SHOW PRICES" to compare the fares of all ferry operators!
Notice: Every year and depending on the period, there might be more or less connections from Nice to Bastia. The biggest ferry operators announce the new ferry schedules by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TICKETS FROM NICE TO BASTIA
The route from Nice to Bastia is very popular. As the ferry tickets for this route can become more expensive as time passes, it is natural to look for the cheapest offer. Like all ways of transport, shipping companies, usually offer special prices and discounts for those who secure their ferry tickets up to 3 to 6 months in advance.
Another advantage of early booking is that you get a bigger variety of accommodation options to choose from. Especially if you are traveling at night, a cabin would be the most appropriate choice for a more relaxed journey.
Take advantage of the early prices and book your ferry tickets early enough!