Ferry to - from Civitavecchia
HOW TO REACH CIVITAVECCHIA FERRY PORT
In the following lines, we have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to reach Civitavecchia ferry port as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to reach the Civitavecchia ferry port of departure, local public transportation options to reach the port of Civitavecchia, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices, and real-time departures with the ferry from - to Civitavecchia.
CIVITAVECCHIA FERRY PORT
- Civitavecchia also referred to as “Port of Rome”, is a modern port located 70 kilometers North West of Rome. It's the closest port to Rome and connects Italy with Sardinia, Sicily, Tunisia, and Spain.
FERRY DESTINATIONS FROM CIVITAVECCHIA PORT
- Ferry to Olbia
- Ferry to Porto Torres
- Ferry to Palermo
- Ferry to Termini Imerese
- Ferry to Tunis
- Ferry to Barcelona
- Ferry to Arbatax
- Ferry to Cagliari
Details for the Port of Civitavecchia
- Prato del Turco 1
- Terminal Autostrade del Mare
- 00053 Civitavecchia
- Phone: +39 0766 21621
Note: The port contains no streets and roads officially specified in its interior
GET TO CIVITAVECCHIA BY YOUR CAR
I. Coming from Rome by motorway A12: do not leave the motorway through the exits Civitavecchia but continue until the end of the motorway. Then take the bypass in the direction of Civitavecchia to the port entrance.
II. Coming from Rome by highway SS1 (Via Aurelia): when you reach Civitavecchia, follow signposting to « Porto »
III. Coming from the north by highway SS1 (Via Aurelia): about 10 km before Civitavecchia take the bypass (Orte-Civitavecchia) to the port entrance
IV. Coming from Orte Viterbo highway SS 675: continue on this road until you reach the port entrance
On your navigator: TOWN = Civitavecchia STREET = Largo della Pace
- 42°05'56.5"N 11°46'58.2"E
- 42.099014, 11.782826
GETTING TO THE PORT OF CIVITAVECCHIA FROM ROME AIRPORTS
Fiumicino Airport (also known as Leonardo Da Vinci Airport) is the main airport of Rome and the most important Italian airport. It is located only 60 km from the port of Civitavecchia; it is a drive of 50 minutes by car the distance from Rome airport to Civitavecchia Port.
- The Roma Fiumicino airport has its own train station. Instead, the Rome Ciampino airport is connected with the Ciampino station (village) by shuttle bus ATRAL. Keep in mind, currently, there are no direct connections and you need to make at least one change of line to get to the train station of Civitavecchia.
- From Fiumicino Airport station take the train to Rome city center, get off at “Trastevere Station” and changed the line in the direction of Civitavecchia. In this way, it takes about 1,45 to 2 hours; and you will pay a total of approx. 12.60 Euro (8 + 4.60). Alternatively, you can get off at “Roma Ostiense Station” to change the line to Civitavecchia.
- FL1: is the train line between the Fiumicino Airport station and Roma Trastevere Station, or Roma Ostiense Station.
Ciampino airport is further away, is about 85 km; about 1 hour and 20 minutes by car.
- From Rome Ciampino airport you can reach the station of Civitavecchia making two changes:
First take the shuttle bus ATRAL that connects the airport with the station, a journey of just five minutes at a cost of approx. 1,20 Euro.
- Once you have reached the Ciampino train station, take the train to Roma Termini, at a cost of approx. 1,50 Euro (every 12 minutes). You can buy tickets at the infobox at the airport, on board, or at authorized retailers.
- Lastly, from Rome Termini to Civitavecchia the cost of a regional train ticket is approx. €5.00 (about 1h20), an intercity train costs approx. 11.00 Euro (55 minutes approx.), for a Freccia Bianca train the cost is approx. 15 Euro (45 minutes approx.).
- FL4: is the train line between Ciampino Station and Termini, and other towns of the Castelli Romani.
Certainly, the better solution to reach the Civitavecchia port in less time is the Fiumicino airport.
TO CIVITAVECCHIA PORT FROM ROME
- There is a train station in Civitavecchia city where trains run hourly. It could take from 45 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes to reach the port from Rome depending on the train you are using.
FROM CIVITAVECCHIA TRAIN STATION TO THE PIERS
- Once at the Civitavecchia train station you will be able to get a local “Argo” bus or walk towards the port.
- The “Argo” buses leave from the area in front of the station, running every 20 minutes, getting you to the port in less than 10 minutes. The ticket costs €2 and can be bought at the news-stand or at the bar inside the station.
Important: the autobus from the station will take you to Rome Cruise Terminal, the port’s hub for cruise lines. From here you can take one of the free shuttles that run regularly and that will take you to your terminal or departure quay.
- Alternatively, it is possible to reach the port by foot from Civitavecchia Station. The entrance of Varco Fortezza is actually located 600 meters away. Once outside the station go via Giuseppe Garibaldi and, walking along the sea, you will find the pedestrian entrance. Go in and on your right, you will find one of the free shuttle stops. Wait for a few minutes and you will be taken to your destination for free.
FROM CIVITAVECCHIA TRAIN STATION TO THE PORT BY FOOT
- The port has 3 pedestrian accesses: Varco Fortezza, the access to Fort Michelangelo located at the end of via Giuseppe Garibaldi, Varco Vespucci, a great pedestrian link for who arrives from or has to get to Porta di Città, and Porta Livorno, the most evocative access to the port with the splendid Vanvitelli Fountain in great view.
- Every access has a nearby shuttle stop. Wait for yours and in no time you will reach your destination.
- The shuttle service inside the Port of Civitavecchia to the terminals is totally free.
Note: All above information for Civitavecchia Port was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES AND PRICES
Book your ferry from/to Civitavecchia with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your ferry trip to your destination! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ticket to and from Civitavecchia.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of most shipping companies, compare prices, find information about routes and vessels, look for alternative routes and to print instantly your prepaid Civitavecchia ferry ticket. Ferry schedules may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules and prices from/to Civitavecchia by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry ticket to and from Civitavecchia at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the fields and click on SHOW to find timetables and to compare the prices of all ferry companies that run from and to Civitavecchia Port!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections from/to Civitavecchia. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules from and to Civitavecchia by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
BOOK IN ADVANCE
Arrange your ferry journey in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Civitavecchia in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want anything to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Civitavecchia you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry tickets from or to Civitavecchia. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Civitavecchia without using it!
During the high season in Civitavecchia, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Civitavecchia without having booked the ferry pass to - from Civitavecchia. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Civitavecchia!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry tickets to/from Civitavecchia, this allows you not only to secure your tickets but also to save time in Civitavecchia; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Civitavecchia ferry tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to - from Civitavecchia, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to - from Civitavecchia is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Civitavecchia ferry routes!
If you want to organize your trip to or from Civitavecchia, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Civitavecchia and the islands as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to Civitavecchia.
Get the best deal by Civitavecchia ferry prices!
Ferry tickets to - from Civitavecchia can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking tickets to or from Civitavecchia up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Civitavecchia ferry confirmation in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Civitavecchia in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your tickets to or from Civitavecchia, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
Book your ideal accommodation option on the ferry to Civitavecchia and arrive fresh and rested to your destination! Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ride from or to Civitavecchia port.
Civitavecchia is today, the consequence of a millenary procedure of human progress and urbanization of the Lazio region. A region where, in that equivalent region where this town currently rises (arranged at just 70 km from Rome), there are huge components which, through the ages, have covered and amassed to affirm that social gatherings were available and have developed as far back as the Prehistoric age. There are, indeed, various hints of crude settlements which, for instance, can be found on the Civitavecchia coastline: similarly as various and critical are every one of those Etruscan, Roman, and Medieval structures that have made the town such an essential urban focus, to the point that, as far back as the seasons of the antiquated Urbe, it has been known as the Port of Rome.