Ferry from - to Naples
HOW TO REACH NAPLES FERRY PORT
In the following lines, we have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to reach Naples ferry port as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to reach the ferry port of departure, local public transportation options to reach the port of Naples, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices, and real-time departures.
NAPLES FERRY PORT
The main Naples ferry port is right in the centre of Naples and is a single entity with both cruise and ferry services located all together. The port is referred to as Molo Beverello.
Ferry services run from Naples to Ischia, Procida, Capri, Sorrento, Palermo (Sicily) and Tunis.
DETAILS FOR THE PORT OF NAPLES
- Molo Beverello
- Address: Piazzale Pisacane, NA 80133, Napoli, Italy
- Local Port Name: Porto di Napoli
- Phone: +39 081 4285555
- GPS coordinates: 40° 50' 12" N / 14° 16' 27" E
HOW TO REACH NAPLES FERRY PORT BY CAR
Naples can be reached by car by four motorways
- From North: Take the A1 (Autostrada del Sole) all the way to Naples. Continue on A3 until the harbor.
- From Reggio Calabria: Take the A3 until you meet the A16. Continue on A16 and finally take the A3 to the harbor.
- From Bari: Take the A14 and continue on A16 Autostrada. Before Naples take the A1 and the A3 until the harbor.
HOW TO ACCESS NAPLES FERRY PORT FROM CENTRAL RAILWAY STATION
- To reach the port at Molo Beverello from Stazione Centrale, you should first buy bus tickets from a kiosk in the station. A single ticket costs approx. 1,00 Euro. The R2 bus departs from the far end of Piazza Garibaldi, in the center of the traffic (past the rows of other buses). The journey takes about 10-15 minutes depending on traffic. You should alight by Piazza Municipio. The ferry terminal is located at the bottom end of the square (on your left). Returning from the ferry port to the Central Station, you can take tram number 1, which stops in the middle of the road by the port, or you can head uphill over the grassy area by the castle towards a row of pines to reach the R2 stop.
FROM NAPLES CITY TO THE PORT BY TAXI
- Piazza Garibaldi and Napoli Centrale isn’t just a major hub for city buses, they’re also a big stop for the city taxis. It seems there’s a long taxi queue in front of the station all the time, so if you want to hop in a cab it’s easy to get one as soon as you walk out of the station. As mentioned above, you want to make absolutely sure the taxi has a working meter and a posted list of the fixed fares, or you run the risk of it being an illegal taxi that might ask for an exorbitant rate. The fixed rates to the port from the train station can and do change, but at the moment it’s approx. 11,00-15,00 Euro one-way. You must tell the driver you want this fixed rate before you get into the taxi.
FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE FERRY PORT OF NAPLES
- From Naples Capodichino Airport simply catch the Alibus service outside the airport (roughly every twenty minutes), buy a 3,00 Euro ticket from the driver and you'll be at Piazza Municipio, the bus stop for the Molo Beverello port, in around twenty minutes, transport permitting. This direct bus service has one intermediate stop, at the railway station. Alight at the end of the route, by the fortress known as the Maschio Angioino, and walk down towards the port, taking a path just to the left of the castle. The port is just a couple of minutes' walk downhill. Cross the big road, walk a short distance to your right and you'll be alongside the ticket offices for ferries.
- Free shuttle bus service operates from 06:00 am until midnight.
Note: All above information for Naples Port was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY
Book your ferry ticket with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your ferry trip to your destination! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ticket.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of most shipping companies, compare prices, find information about routes and vessels, look for alternative routes and to print instantly your prepaid ferry ticket.
Schedules may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest call of Ferry schedules, prices and availability from or to Naples.
Complete the fields and click on SHOW to find timetables and to compare the prices of all ferry companies that run from and to Naples Port!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections from - to Naples. The biggest shipping companies announce the new ferry schedules by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TICKETS
Arrange your ferry journey in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Naples you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry ticket from - to Naples. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Naples without using it!
During the high season in Naples, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel in Naples without having booked your tickets. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry!
Save time in Naples!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings, this allows you not only to secure your tickets but also to save time in Naples; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of ferry tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to your destination is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Discover more ferry routes!
If you want to organize your trip to or from Naples, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Naples and the islands as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to Naples.
Get the best deal!
Ferry tickets to your destination can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking tickets to or from Naples up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having ticket confirmation in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your tickets, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS
Book your ideal accommodation option on the ferry from or to Naples and arrive fresh and rested to your destination! Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ride from or to Naples port.
The written history of the Naples (Italian Napoli) starts in the seventh century BC when the adjacent Greek settlement of Cumae established another city called Parthenope. Cumae itself had been established by individuals from Euboea. Correctly why the tenants of Cumae chose to extend isn't known for certain, however the Cumaeans assembled Neapolis (the "New City") nearby the old Parthenope. At about a similar time, they had averted an intrusion endeavor by the Etruscans. The new city developed because of the impact of the great Greek city-province of Syracuse in Sicily and sooner or later the new and old urban areas on the Gulf of Naples converged to end up a solitary occupied core.
Naples turned into a partner of the Roman Republic against Carthage. The solid dividers of Naples held off Hannibal. Amid the Samnite Wars, the city, now a clamoring focal point of exchange, was caught by the Samnites. In any case, the Romans before long took it from them and made Neapolis a Roman settlement. Neapolis was significantly regarded by the Romans as a position of Hellenistic culture. The general population kept up their Greek dialect and traditions, and rich estates, water channels, open showers, a theater and the Temple of Dioscures were assembled. Various Roman rulers, including Claudius and Tiberius, kept up manors in or close Naples. It was amid this period that Christianity came to Naples, and the Apostles St. Diminish and St. Paul are said to have lectured here. St. Januarius, who might turn into Naples' supporter holy person, was martyred here.