Find information on timetables and prices for the ferry route from Naples to Capri as well as suggestions on how to book effortlessly your ferry ticket online.
How to get from Naples to Capri by ferry
The ferry is the best choice for traveling from Naples to Capri, especially if you choose a morning route where you can admire the sight of the Gulf of Naples. Moreover, the ferry offers more convenience and flexibility than planes!
Find here useful information regarding ferry tickets from Naples to Capri by ferry, how to get to the port of departure (Molo Beverello) with the local transport network, timetables and prices for the ferry tickets and available accommodation options for the route Naples to Capri.
Port of departure
- The Napoli to Capri ferries depart from Molo Beverello which is located very close to the city center of Naples, next to Piazza Municipio
Hydrofoil from Naples to Capri
- There are only high-speed ferries operating the specific route that provide economy deck airtype seats, business class and VIP lounges. They also include cafe-bars for a quick snack. High-speeds do not provide cabins or garages but reduce the duration drastically and the trip does not last more than an hour
- There are up to 8 departures daily
- The earliest ferry boat to Capri starts at 08:35 and the latest at 17:25
- The duration is around 50 minutes
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections from Naples to Capri. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
Ground services in Naples and Capri
Get information on how to reach Molo Beverello port in Naples, as well as details about transportation duraing your stay in Capri Island.
Buses from Naples International Airport
- The Alibus service is providing itineraries towards Piazza Garibaldi in the city center and Piazza Municipio at the port area.
- The earliest departure starts ar 06:45 in the morning and buses run almost every hour, till 23:20.
- Tickets can be bought online, at ticket seller or on the bus.
- The bus stop is outside the airport terminals.
Buses in Naples
- You can use the Alibus service to get to the port.
- Buy the TIC ticket from tabaccherias, kiosks or bus stops. It is covering all means of transport in Naples.
- The main bus station is located in Piazza Garibaldi.
Taxis in Naples
- The taxis are white and are available 24/7 and are running throughout the city. It is easy to find one on the street.
- Call the numbers +39 081 2222, +39 081 8888, +39 081 5564444, +39 081 0101 to book one.
- The minimum fare in low season is 3.50 Euros while in high season, it starts at 6.50 Euros.
Transportation in Capri
- Have in mind that cars, except those who belong to residents, are not allowed in Capri from March to November.
- Capri's main town can easily be walked.
- From Marina Grande, you can use the funicular which takes you directly to the town center. It is the most fun way to get transferred.
- Buses run every 15 minutes and cover all areas of Capri. There is a stop at the port area (Marina Grande) and in 10 minutes, you will be in the town center (Piazza Martiri d'Ungheria).
- If you are not carrying many luggage, you can always walk towards the center which will only take 10 minutes.
Ferry schedules Naples to Capri
Are you planning a trip to Capri from Naples? If so, it's important to know the ferry schedules so you can plan your journey accordingly.
Firstly, it's important to note that there are several ferry companies that operate between Naples and Capri. Some of the most popular ones include SNAV, Caremar, and NLG. Each company has its own schedule, so it's important to check with the company directly for the most up-to-date information.
Generally speaking, ferries from Naples to Capri operate year-round, although the frequency of services may vary depending on the season. During the summer months (June-August), there are typically more frequent services, with some companies offering up to 10 departures per day.
During the winter months (November-February), services may be less frequent, with some companies only operating a few times per week. However, it's still possible to travel between Naples and Capri during this time, so don't let the cooler weather put you off!
In terms of journey time, ferries from Naples to Capri typically take between 45 minutes and 1 hour. The exact journey time will depend on the company you choose and the type of ferry you travel on. Some companies offer faster services on high-speed ferries, while others operate slower services on traditional ferries.
When it comes to ticket prices, this will also depend on the company you choose and the type of service you opt for. Generally speaking, high-speed ferries tend to be more expensive than traditional ferries, but they also offer a faster and more comfortable journey.
One thing to keep in mind when travelling between Naples and Capri is that the weather can sometimes impact ferry schedules. In particularly rough seas, some services may be cancelled or delayed for safety reasons. If you're travelling during the winter months, it's worth checking the weather forecast before you set off.
In conclusion, travelling by ferry from Naples to Capri is a popular and convenient option for many visitors. With several companies operating year-round services, it's easy to find a journey that suits your needs and budget. Just be sure to check the schedules and prices in advance, and keep an eye on the weather forecast if you're travelling during the winter months.
Ferry prices are prone to change from season to season, so take a glance via our search engine to get the current ticket fares for the accommodation options that you may select for your trip.
Give a date and click on "search" to compare the fares of all carriers!
Note: Please have in mind that timetables were accurate when they were published, but can change without notice.