Best travel ways from Santorini to Mykonos
BY SEA OR AIR BETWEEN SANTORINI AND MYKONOS
Two of the most popular and beautiful island destinations in Greece are two islands of the Cyclades at the Aegean Sea: Santorini and Mykonos. Whitewashed houses and blue waters make heavenly scenery.
Make the most of your holiday by combining both destinations!
Traveling by Sea or Air between Santorini and Mykonos can be done easily by independent travelers!
BY FERRY FROM SANTORINI TO MYKONOS
There are frequent daily departures from Santorini to Mykonos with High-speed ferries that take approx. 2,30 hours. There are no ferries running between Santorini and Mykonos from November to March! To get to one of these islands you must move first to Athens and from there to your destination!
Pets are traveling for free, cars are allowed on most ferries for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price.
Going by ferry from Santorini to Mykonos
- April: 1 ferry departure per day (2 dep. from Friday to Sunday)
- May: 4-5 dep. per day (7 dep. on Fri. and Sun.)
- June to middle September: 8-10 Sailings in the same day
- Middle to end of September: 7-9 dep. in a day
- October: 3-8 Sailings per day
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to find updated timetables and to compare the prices of all ferry companies that run from Santorini to Mykonos!
Accommodation options Santorini to Mykonos
Book your ideal accommodation option on the ferry Santorini to Mykonos and arrive fresh and rested to your destination! There is a range of accommodation options to choose for the day ride from Santorini to Mykonos; economy armchairs and business or VIP class comfort seats are at your disposal.
SANTORINI PORT & PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Santorini has 2 main Ports: the Athinios port and the cruise port.
- The "Athinios" Santorini port is located approx. 8 km away from FIRA (main town of Santorini).
Public transportation services on Santorini
There is a frequent public bus service (Tel. +30 2286025404) from Santorini Town (Fira) to the port in Athinios for approx. 2,50-3 Euro (tickets can be purchased by the bus collector). Travelers coming from Oia need to change bus in Fira‘s main bus station (bus ticket 2 Euro).
- It is best to take a taxi (Tel. 22860-22555) from Athinios port to town Fira (approx. 15-20 Euro, approx. time 15-20 minutes).
Tip: Most of the hotels on Santorini have their own minibus and will transfer you from the hotel to the port and vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
MYKONOS PORT & PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Mykonos has 3 main Ports: the old, the new ferry port and the cruise port.
- The old Mykonos port is usually used for excursions to the neighboring island of ancient Delos and for small fast ferries.
- The NEW Mykonos port is located 5 km away from the City of Mykonos.
Public transportation services on Mykonos
During the tourist season, there is a frequent public bus service from the new port in Tourlos to Mykonos Town (Tel. +30 2289023360, +30 2289026797).
- It is best to take a taxi (Tel. 22890 22400 and 22890 23700) from the new port to town (approx. 12-15 Euro).
- It is possible to walk from the new port into town, but it will take around 20 minutes
- Hop on the SeaBus and arrive in the new port Tourlos in 8 minutes for 2 Euro (Tel. +30 6978830355)!
Tip: Most of the hotels on Mykonos have their own minibus and will transfer you from the port to hotel and vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
GO BY PLANE FROM SANTORINI TO MYKONOS
Most domestic airlines have frequent flights from Santorini to Mykonos.
- Santorini International Airport is located 6 km from the city of Santorini (Fira) and is served by public bus (tickets can be purchased by the bus collector and costs 2,5 Euro) and by 24/7 taxi (the journey from the city of Santorini (Fira) to the Airport Santorini is about 15-20 minutes and the fare is normally 15-20 Euro). Travelers coming from Oia need to change bus in Fira‘s main bus station (bus ticket 2 Euro).
- Mykonos international airport is located 3,5 km from the city of Mykonos (Chora) and is served by public bus (tickets can be purchased by the bus driver and costs 2 Euro) and by 24/7 taxi (the journey from the Airport Mykonos to the city of Mykonos is about 10 minutes and the fare is normally 15 Euro).
Flights from Santorini to Mykonos can be rather expensive and can sell out quickly (especially during peak season), so venturing out by sea is generally the preferred choice.
Note: All above information for Santorini and Mykonos was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.