Are you planning a trip to Greece and wondering how to get from Mykonos to Santorini? In this web page, we will guide you through taking a ferry from Mykonos to Santorini, including the different ferry options available, how to book your tickets, and what to expect during the journey.
Travel from Mykonos to Santorini by ferry is the best option you have, and it can be a very nice and exciting experience.
Why Choose Our Ferry Service From Mykonos to Santorini?
- Diverse Ferry Options: Explore a variety of ferry choices tailored to your preferences, including conventional and high-speed catamaran options.
- Easy Booking Process: Navigate through our user-friendly website to check schedules and prices, in order to secure your tickets effortlessly. Our platform ensures a smooth booking experience, allowing you to focus on the excitement of your upcoming Greek adventure.
- Real-time Updates: Stay informed with real-time departures and arrivals for the Mykonos to Santorini route. We understand the importance of up-to-date information to enhance your travel experience.
- Flexible Departures: Whether you're planning a day trip or not, our ferry schedule caters to different travel plans. Choose the time that suits your schedule.
How to Get From Mykonos to Santorini (Thira) With a Ferry?
Getting from Mykonos to Santorini by ferry is a popular and convenient option for many travelers. Here are the steps you can follow to make this journey:
- Check the ferry times and prices: You can do this by checking our website to see which ferry companies operate between Mykonos and Santorini.
- Purchase your tickets: Once you have identified the ferry that suits your schedule and budget, you can purchase your tickets online. It's best to book your tickets in advance, especially during peak season (June-August).
- Arrive at the port early: Arrive at the port at least one hour before the scheduled departure time to ensure enough time to check in, pass security, and find your ferry.
- Board the ferry: When it's time to board, follow the instructions of the ferry staff and find your seat or cabin. Most ferries have indoor and outdoor seating areas, cafes, and snack bars.
How long is the ferry from Santorini to Mykonos (Thira)?
The duration of the ferry journey from Santorini to Mykonos can vary depending on the type of ferry and the specific route taken. On average, the ferry ride takes between 2 and 5 hours.
- Conventional Ferries: These are typically larger and slower. The journey on conventional ferries from Santorini to Mykonos can take around 4 to 5 hours.
- High-Speed Catamarans: These faster vessels are designed for quicker travel. The journey can take approximately 2 to 3 hours.
It's important to check the schedule and duration with the specific ferry company you choose, as different operators may have varying departure and travel times. Additionally, ferry schedules and durations can be influenced by the season, with more frequent departures during the high season (summer) and fewer during the low season.
On go-ferry.com, we always let you know which ferry operator is the fastest when you compare tickets.
Why is it Better to Travel by Ferry From Santorini to Mykonos?
Traveling by ferry from Santorini to Mykonos offers several advantages, making it a preferred choice for many travelers, such as:
- Scenic Views: The ferry journey between Santorini and Mykonos provides stunning panoramic views of the Aegean Sea.
- Island-Hopping Experience: If you enjoy exploring multiple destinations and relish the charm of different islands, taking a ferry allows you to indulge in such an experience.
- Flexibility and Comfort: Ferries typically offer more space to move around. Passengers can enjoy indoor and outdoor seating, cafes, and other amenities, making the journey more comfortable.
- Convenience in Port Locations: Ferry terminals in Santorini and Mykonos are typically centrally located, making it convenient for travelers to access both the port and their accommodations. This can contribute to a smoother overall travel experience.
- Flexibility in Schedules: Ferries often have multiple departure times throughout the day, providing travelers with greater flexibility in choosing a schedule that suits their plans. This flexibility can be precious for those with variable itineraries.
- Experience the Sea Breeze: The ferry journey allows passengers to feel the sea breeze and enjoy the ocean air, adding to the overall travel experience. This sense of openness is something that air travel may lack.
- Authentic Greek Experience: Ferry travel aligns with the authentic Greek island experience. It provides a connection to the maritime culture and the historical significance of sea travel in the region.
Ferry Schedules from Mykonos to Santorini
The schedules from Mykonos to Santorini can vary depending on the time of year, with more frequent departures during the high season (June to September) and fewer during the low season (October to May). However, even during the low season, there are still several ferry options available.
One of the most popular companies, with the fastest ferry, that operates from Mykonos to Santorini is SeaJets. They offer several daily departures, with the first ferry leaving Mykonos at around 7:30 am. The last ferry departs at around 7:30 pm. During the low season, SeaJets still offers several weekly departures, but the schedule is more limited.
Other ferry companies that operate between Mykonos and Santorini include Golden Star Ferries, Hellenic Seaways, Minoan Lines, and Aegean Speed Lines. Each company has its schedule and pricing, so it's worth checking all of them to find the best option for your travel plans.
Some indicative examples of schedules are as follows
- Departure from Mykonos: 7:30 AM, 10:30 AM, 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 7:00 PM, 9:00 PM
- Arrival in Santorini: 8:25 AM, 11:25 AM, 2:05 PM, 4:05 PM, 6:05 PM, 8:05 PM, 10:05 PM
Golden Star Ferries
- Departure from Mykonos: 9:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 3:30 PM, 6:30 PM (Summer only)
- Arrival in Santorini: 11:25 AM, 2:25 PM, 5:25 PM, 8:25 PM (Summer only)
- Departure from Mykonos: 1:00 PM
- Arrival in Santorini: 3:30 PM
Cyclades Fast Ferries
- Departure from Mykonos: 10:00 AM, 4:00 PM
- Arrival in Santorini: 11:30 AM, 5:30 PM
Note: Timetables were accurate when they were published, but can change without notice. Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to Santorini. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new schedules by the end of December and the rest by January-March each year!
Are pets allowed on the Mykonos Santorini ferry?
Certainly! Pets are allowed on board the Golden Star Ferries and SeaJets for travel between these two islands. In the case of SeaJets, they offer comfortable arrangements for your furry friends. It's important to make sure that your pet has received all the necessary vaccinations before the trip and to have a medical certificate as proof.