A practical guide on how to get to Amalfi ferry port, schedules and prices for the ferry to Amalfi and recommendations for public transportation and services in the town. Explore our website and find all the necessary details, connected routes to Amalfi, frequency and accommodation options on board with real-time availability.
In the following lines, we provide information on how to get to Amalfi by ferry as well as details about ticket prices, why book in advance, transportation services offered for those who visit Amalfi and short trips for a day.
There is a choice of regular and high-speed ferries that operate frequently to/from Amalfi without stops along the way.
Amalfi ferry routes
- Naples (Molo Beverello) to Amalfi. Duration 1 hour and 45 minutes. At least 2 times per day
- Salerno to Amalfi. Duration 25 minutes. Once a day
- Sorrento to Amalfi. Duration 2 hours and 10 minutes. 4 daily routes
- Positano to Amalfi. Duration 15 minutes. 5 daily routes
- Amalfi to Capri. Duration 55 minutes. 3 routes a day
Timetables were accurate when they were published, but can change without notice
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to and from Amalfi. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
Ticket prices to Amalfi
Book your ferry ticket with any carrier that suits you best and have a pleasant onboard journey! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations while it offers flexibility and faster services for your ferry tickets.
With go-ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of most shipping companies, compare prices, find information about routes and vessels, look for alternative routes and instantly print your ferry ticket.
Timetables and ticket prices to Amalfi may change by each season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest results with real-time availability.
Complete the fields below and view the actual prices for your ferry tickets!
Transportation in Amalfi town
The little port of Amalfi is located north in the town and is very close to the heart of the town. Distances are relatively short but have in mind that Amalfi is built vertically, so it is advisable to use the public transportation means if you have many luggage with you.
- Although buses are the most affordable means of transfer, the road network in the town is narrow and there are usually traffic jams, so buses often arrive later than expected
- Buses operate along the Amalfi Coast and can transfer you to nearby towns aswell, such as Positano
- Schedules begin early in the morning and stop late at night (later on weekends)
- Tickets can be purchased from tobacco shops, bars and newsstands
- Taxis are more convenient than buses but also more expensive, especially in the places in Amalfi Coast
- There are many on the street but you can always call +39 334 538 7847
- Book a private transfer here
Salerno Airport to Amalfi
The distance between Costa d'Amalfi Airport and the town of Amalfi is around 45 kilometers. You can use either the buses or a taxi so as to reach Amalfi through a change in Salerno.
- There are no buses running between Salerno Airport and Amalfi. You will have to take the train to Salerno from the train station next to the airport and then, use the SITA buses to Amalfi
- Bus details
- Grab a taxi from the arrivals terminals and reach Salerno in less than 15 minutes to take the SITA buses towards Amalfi. Taxis in the entire Amalfi Coast are relatively expensive and by changing to a bus from Salerno, you are guaranteed a more affordable trip
- Call +39 392 444 9020
- Book one here
Book in advance
Book in advance your ferry tickets to Amalfi
If your final destination is Amalfi, do not neglect to book your ferry tickets in advance to avoid last-minute surprises! We are sure that you do not want to ruin your vacation or change your route because you will not find an itinerary available.
On the next page, we will mention some reasons that make it necessary to book your ferry tickets early
Book your ferry tickets early to avoid surprises!
It is very important to organize your vacation in Italy's Amalfi Coast properly and in time so that no "surprise" spoils your mood. Apart from your air-tickets and hotel reservation, do not forget to book your ferry tickets. Have everything under control before you even leave your home!
Surely you do not want to pay for your hotel in without using it!
During the high season and especially in the months of June, July, August, and September, it is difficult to find available accommodation for popular routes such as those from/to Amalfi. Do not make the mistake of paying for your hotel accommodation without having booked your ferry tickets at the same time.
Save time on your vacation!
Take some time and book your ferry tickets from home. Think about arriving in Italy and start looking for available tickets! Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry tickets, this allows you to spend more time on your vacation.
Accommodation availability is big!
Buying ferry tickets in advance gives you more convenience of accommodation options. You have the ability to choose accommodation in a regular or speed ferry. There is usually an option for very economical deck tickets, for reclining, or for business seats. Regular ferries offer extra accommodation in cabins with or without windows.
More available itineraries to your destination!
Find in advance all possible routes and itineraries to make the right connections between flights and ferries.
Take advantage of the offers!
As the ferry tickets for your route can become expensive, it is natural to wish for the cheapest offer. Like all modes of transport, ferry companies usually offer special prices and discounts for those who buy their ferry tickets up to 3 to 6 months in advance.
Amalfi is a town and part of the worldwide known Amalfi Coast which streches in an area of 50 kilometers towards Salerno in the east. The islands of Ischia, Capri and Procida are considered parts of the coast. It is a town built vertically, fact that allows it to offer spectacular views over the Tyrrhenian Sea. It is also known for its vineyards and citrus/lemon productions. Amalfi is one of the most historical town of the coast and will surely fascinate everyone who visits it. Make sure to visit Saint Andrew's Cathedral, Chiostro del Paradiso, the Ancient Arsenals of the Republic and Grotta dello Smeraldo.
Touring from the Amalfi Coast
The Amalfi Coast streches in 50 kilometers and offers great places for touring either with your car or by boat. You can board on a ferry to Positano, Salerno, Capri or even to Naples, since the trips are short and affordable. There are early morning ferries and late afternoon with many departures so you do not have to worry about the time.