Ferry from Athens to Mykonos
HOW TO GET FROM ATHENS TO MYKONOS BY FERRY
In the following lines, we have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to travel as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get from Athens to Mykonos by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices, and real-time departures and arrivals for the ferry Athens to Mykonos.
From Athens to Mykonos by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
There is a choice of Conventional and High-speed catamaran ferries running non-stop from Athens to Mykonos or with small stops along the way.
Ferry Timetables Athens to Mykonos
- Dep. at 07:00 and arr. in 3 hours to Mykonos
- At 07:15 from Athens, at 11:35 in Mykonos (Regular ferry)
- From Athens at 07:15, in Mykonos at 09:45
- Depart 07:30 and arrive in Mykonos in 5 hours (Regular ferry)
- Dep. at 07:40 and arr. in 2 hours and 20 min. to Mykonos
- At 08:20 from Athens, at 12:20 in Mykonos (Regular ferry)
- Going at 14:15 from Athens, arrive at 16:45 in Mykonos
- Depart 15:15 and arrive in Mykonos in 2 hours and 50 min. (at 18:05)
- From Athens at 16:30, in Mykonos at 19:20 (Regular ferry)
- At 17:30 from Athens, at 22:10 in Mykonos
- Dep. at 21:30 and arr. in 4 hours and 45 min. to Mykonos (Regular ferry)
Note: Timetables were accurate when they were published, but can change without notice.
Give a DATE and click on "Show" to view the updated timetables for the ferry from Athens to Mykonos!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to Mykonos. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
HOW TO GET TO THE DEPARTURE PORTS
Athens has 3 modern ports to serve the large volume of passengers traveling on the dozens of the Aegean islands.
In the following pages, we have mapped the most common options for easy transportation from Athens City as well as from Athens airport to the departure ports.
TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON MYKONOS
Useful suggestions and tips for ground services and public transportation options by arriving in Mykonos with the Ferry.
The Mykonian ports
- Mykonos has 2 seaports that serve not only ferries and cruise ships but also yachts and fishing boats
- The old port in Chora serves small boats
- The NEW port is in TOURLOS and about 1.5 km from the town (Chora). The harbor in Tourlos consist of main cruise boat quay, and quay for the regular and speedboats. Most of the ferry companies depart from this harbor
Public Bus Service on Mykonos
- Mykonos has a good bus network service that connects Chora/City with the most villages and beaches.
- During the tourist season (April to October) there is a frequent public bus service from the new port in Tourlos to Mykonos Town (Fabrika Sq. station) and back.
- Tourlos (New Port)-Agios Stefanos
- Elia beach, Platis Yalos, Ornos, Ai Yannis, Fabrika-Paradise beach, Paranga beach and Airport
- Old Port station in Mykonos city-Kalafati beach, Elia beach, Kalo Livadi beach and Ano Mera village
- From NEW port in Tourlos to Agios Stefanos and Tourlos
Bus Terminals and contacts
- The main station in Mykonos Town: Fabrika sq. (Axioti str.), Tel. +30 2289023360, +30 2289026797
- Old Port station in Mykonos city (Polikandrioti str.; Behind the archaeological museum & Remezzo, north part of Town and next to OTE building)), Tel. +30 2289023360, +30 2289026797
- Old Town Port (very close to SeaBus station, north part of Town)
Taxis on Mykonos
- There are about 35 taxis, which mean you need great patience until you find one! You have to wait in line and sometimes you can wait for hours in the taxi queue and especially in the evening!
- Main locations for taxis in Mykonos Town
- Manto Square (also called Town Square or Taxi Square), on the harbor front near the statue
- Fabrika square (Axioti str.)
- Taxi and radio-taxi Tel.: +30 2289023700 & +30 2289022400
- Radio taxi service in late hours and out of town (add 5 Euro for this service)
- Approx. Price: From Chora/City to the new port approx. 12-15 Euros
- Mykonos SeaBus is the faster transportation service between the New Port (Tourlos) and the Old Port (Chora) of Mykonos Town and vice versa.
- The SeaBus runs every 30 minutes
- Luggage and Baby Strollers are carried on board
- Easy Wheelchair access
- New Port in Tourlos (Marina station)
- Old Town Port (near Bus station with access to Panormos, Ano Mera, Elia, Kalafatis, Super Paradise, and Paradise beach)
- Old City Port (near Old Town Hall)
- Duration from New Port to Old Port or vice versa: 8 minutes
- Price per person: 2 Euros
- Tel.: +30 6978830355
Tip: Most of the hotels in Mykonos have their own minibus and will pick you up from the port or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
Note: All the above information about Mykonos was accurate when published but can be changed without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies that are sailing from Athens to Mykonos, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your prepaid ferry ticket.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability from Athens to Mykonos by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best ferry deal at a price that fit your budget.
Give a DATE and click on PRICES to compare the prices of all ferry companies that run from Athens to Mykonos!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TICKET
Arrange your ferry ticket in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry from Athens to Mykonos in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want anything to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat ticket you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your Athens to Mykonos ferry ticket. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Mykonos without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular routes, such as the Ferry Athens to Mykonos if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel in Athens or Mykonos without having booked the ferry pass. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find available tickets to your destination!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry tickets from Athens to Mykonos, this allows you not only to secure your tickets but also to save time; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the Athens to Mykonos ferry ticket, on the vessel you prefer and at the schedule you wish. It does not make sense that your ferry travel is interrupted by not finding available tickets, but it is possible.
Find more Athens to Mykonos ferry routes!
If you want to organize your ferry journey to Mykonos, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going from Athens to Mykonos by ferry.
Get the best deal!
Ferry tickets from Athens to Mykonos can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It is a common practice to be announced special rates and deep discounts for booking tickets up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having your ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling having the confirmation in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your tickets from Athens to Mykonos; you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or in your smartphone!
FERRY ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS
Everything you need to know about ferry types and accommodation options; reserve the ideal accommodation option for you and get fresh and relaxed at your destination! Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day crossing to your destination.