Ferry from Athens to Mykonos
HOW TO GET FROM ATHENS TO MYKONOS BY FERRY
Find useful information on how to get from Athens to Mykonos by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel, port addresses, and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices, and real-time departures and arrivals.
The connoisseurs of the Greek islands prefer the ferry for their trip to the islands because of the convenience and flexibility it offers. The experience is exciting and especially when the ship stops in the intermediate islands to disembark and embark passengers!
There is a choice of regular and high-speed ferries operating non-stop runs or with short stops along the way.
Travel time from Athens to Mykonos by Ferry
- High-speed ferries in less than 3 hours
- Regular modern ferries in 5 hours
- Seajets ferries in 2,30 hours
- Night ferries in 5,30 hours
- Morning departures: 06:50, 07:00, 07:30, 07:35, 07:50, 08:00, 09:00
- Lunch dep.: 12:00, 12:45, 13:00
- Afternoon dep.: 17:00, 17:30, 18:00
- Night dep.: 21:00, 21:30
- The night departures of the route Athens to Mykonos are suitable for passengers who arrive in Athens late in the afternoon
- With a travel time of 5,30 hours, we suggest you choose a comfortable cabin to reach your destination relaxed and refreshed
- For a shorter duration, we recommend Rafina as a boarding port for your voyage to Mykonos
- Timetables were accurate when they were published, but can change without notice
- Find out with one click all the valid departures for your route from Athens to Mykonos
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to Mykonos. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
THE DEPARTURE PORTS
Athens has 2 modern ports to serve the large volume of passengers traveling on the dozens of the Aegean islands.
In the following pages, we have mapped the most common options for easy transportation from Athens city center as well as from Athens international airport to the departure ports.
Piraeus departure port
- Most popular
- Close to Athens city center
- Easy to reach
- Very good transport network (buses, metro, tram, taxi)
- Slightly cheaper public transport tickets
- 40 km away from Athens airport
- More expensive ferry tickets
- Lots of traffic from Athens city center to the port and therefore you need to calculate the traffic delays
- The port is big and you will need to walk around to find your specific embarkation gate (12 gates)
- Longer duration from Piraeus to Mykonos
- Fewer departures to Mykonos
Rafina departure port
"The easiest port for the Ferry Athens to Mykonos"
- More connections to Mykonos
- Shorter travel time to the North Cyclades
- Close to Athens airport (20 km)
- A small port with 1 departure gate
- Cheaper ferry tickets
- Is a great choice if you want to get from the airport directly to a ferry port without having to go via the city center of Athens
- Transfer to the port by bus or by taxi only
- 30 km away from Athens city center
TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON MYKONOS
Please note our suggestions and tips for the ground services and the public transport options that you may find useful once you arrive on the cosmopolitan island of Mykonos.
In which port of Mykonos am I going to arrive?
The city of Mykonos has 2 ports that serve not only ferry boats and cruise ships but big yachts, sailing, and fishing boats also:
- The old port of the city now serves the small boats only
- The NEW modern port is located in the area of TOURLOS and is about 1.5 km from the city center (Chora).
- The new port consists of 2 docks that serve the cruise ships and the regular and high-speed ferries
- Most ferry operators depart from the new port of Tourlos
Which Public Bus to my direction?
- There is a frequent bus service from the New port to the Old port and to the City center (Fabrika Square station)
- From the New port of Tourlos, you can reach non-stop Agios Stefanos and Tourlos villages
- From Chora (city center) you can go to Elia beach, Platis Yalos, Ornos, Ai Yannis, Fabrika-Paradise beach, Paranga beach and to the Airport
- From the Old Port, you can arrive by public bus to Kalafati beach, Elia beach, Kalo Livadi beach, and Ano Mera village
Mykonos has a very good bus service that connects the Town with most villages and beaches.
Bus Terminals and contacts
- The main station in Mykonos Town: Fabrika square (Axioti street), Tel. +30 2289023360, +30 2289026797
- Old Port station in Mykonos city (Polikandrioti street; Behind the archaeological museum & Remezzo, north part of Town and next to OTE building), Tel. +30 2289023360, +30 2289026797
- Old Town Port (very close to SeaBus station, north part of Town)
Rented Taxis in Mykonos
- There are about 35 taxis on the island, which means you need a lot of patience until you find one! You have to wait in line and sometimes you have to be lucky enough (especially at night) to get you to your destination!
The main Taxi locations
- Manto Square (also called City Square or Taxi Square), in front of the statue
- Fabrica Square (Axioti Street)
- At the Airport
- Taxi and radio-taxi Tel .: +30 2289023700 & +30 2289022400
- Radio-taxis charge an extra 5 euros for any route to Mykonos
- Approximate price: From Chora / Town to the New port approx. 12-15 euros
- Mykonos SeaBus is the fastest transfer service between the New port in Tourlos and the Old one in Chora or vice versa
- The SeaBus departs every 30 minutes
- Luggage and baby strollers can be boarded with you
- Easy Wheelchair access
- At the New Port in Tourlos (Marina station)
- At the port of the Old Town (near a bus station with access to Panormo, Ano Mera, Elia, Kalafatis, Super Paradise, and Paradise beach)
- At the port of the Old Town (near the City Hall)
- The duration from the new port to the old port or vice versa is only 8 minutes
- Price per person: 2 euros
- Tel .: +30 6978830355
Tip: Most of the hotels in Mykonos have their own minibus and will pick you up from the port or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
Note: All the above information about Mykonos was accurate when published but can be changed without notice.
TICKET PRICE ATHENS-MYKONOS
With go-Ferry.com you will find all the ferry operators that travel from Athens to Mykonos and in addition, you will be able to compare prices for each of the accommodation options onboard.
The ferry ticket price Athens to Mykonos depends on the type of ferry and the class of the accommodation. There are special discounted tickets as well as fares for children and students.
Ferry prices may change from season to season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to get the current ticket fares and the accommodation options that you may select for your journey.
Give a DATE and click on SHOW PRICES to compare the fares of all ferry operators!
Book your ferry tickets early to avoid surprises!
It is very important to organize your vacation in Greece properly and in time so that no "surprise" spoils your mood. Apart from your air-tickets and hotel reservation, do not forget to book your ferry tickets. Have everything under control before you even leave your home!
Below we list all these data that are important for the need to book your ferry tickets in advance.
Pay your hotel in Mykonos without using it!
During the high season and especially in the months of June, July, August, and September, it is difficult to find available accommodation for popular routes such as from Athens to Mykonos. Do not make the mistake of paying for your hotel accommodation without having booked your ferry tickets at the same time.
Save time on your vacation!
Take some time and book your ferry tickets from home. Think about arriving in Greece and start looking for available tickets! Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry tickets, this allows you to spend more time on your vacation.
Accommodation availability is big!
Buying ferry tickets in advance gives you more convenience of accommodation options. For the route from Athens to Mykonos you can choose accommodation in a regular or speed ferry. There is usually an option for very economical deck tickets, for reclining, or for business seats. Regular ferries offer extra accommodation in cabins with or without windows.
More available itineraries from Athens to Mykonos!
Find in advance all possible routes and itineraries to make the right connections between flights and ferries.
Take advantage of the offers!
The sail from Athens to Mykonos is one of the most popular. As the ferry tickets for this route can become expensive, it is natural to wish for the cheapest offer. Like all modes of transport, ferry companies usually offer special prices and discounts for those who buy their ferry tickets up to 3 to 6 months in advance.
Take advantage and book your ferry tickets from Athens to Mykonos early enough!
FERRY TYPES & TICKET CLASSES
There are 3 different types of ferries that you will come across when examining your options for a ferry journey to Mykonos from Athens:
- Regular car ferries
- Highspeed ferries
- Catamaran ferries
Ferry ticket classes
When deciding which ferry ticket to book for your trip to Mykonos from Athens you will come across several options regarding the type or the class of your ticket.
- What is the ideal ticket to buy for your ferry journey?
There are many options regarding the type or category of your ferry ticket.
Click on the link and find all the accommodation types and ticket classes Ferry from Athens to Mykonos that we offer you!