Ferry to Messina
HOW TO GET TO THE PORT OF MESSINA
In the following lines, we have prepared a small user guide that will provide passengers information on how to get to the port of Messina as easily and pleasantly as possible but also to know beforehand, the ferry itineraries and their prices, according to the type of accommodation you will choose, as well as the available transportation services offered in the city.
There is a choice of regular (conventional) ferries running frequently to Messina with stops along the way.
Popular routes from Messina
Messina to Aeolian Islands (Vulcano, Lipari, Salina, Panarea, Stromboli, Filicudi, Alicudi)
- to Vulcano. 3 daily departures. Duration around 2 hours.
- to Lipari. 5 daily departures. Duration around 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- to Salina. 5 daily routes to both ports of Salina (Santa Marina Salina / Rinella). Duration 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- to Panarea. 2 connections per day. Duration 2 hours.
- to Stromboli (San Vincenzo and Ginostra). A sum of 3 daily departures. Duration around 2 hours.
- to Reggio Calabria. 1 daily connection. Duration 30 minutes.
Timetables were accurate when they were published, but can change without notice.
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer ferry connections to and from Messina. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PORT OF MESSINA
The port of Messina is located in the northeast coast of Sicily, opposing the south Italian mainland. It is one of the most important ports in the Mediterranea Sea with high traffic. The port can be easily reached by using the public transportation means.
Address & Telephone Numbers
- Via Vittorio Emanuele II, 27 - 98122 Messina
- Tel. +39 090 601 3295, +39 090 601 3211
- There is a bus company named ATM that runs through the city and to the nearby villages
- Buses operate every 15-20 minuntes
- The line 28 tram run through the streets of Messina making 18 stops to the most important points of the city, including the port
- For more details, click here
- Click here to book a taxi online or,
- Call +39 090 6505, +39 090 51513, +39 349 055 4647
Catania Airport to Messina
- There are many hourly buses that connect the airport of Catania with Messina port
- The bus stop is next to the arrivals terminals. Buses will take you to Catania and from there, at the central bus station, board on the bus to Messina port
- The average trip time is around 2 hours and ticket prices are less than 10 Euros per person
MESSINA FERRY TICKETS & PRICES
Choose the ferry operator that suits you best and have a great journey on board! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations while offering flexibility and faster services for your ferry tickets.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of most shipping companies, compare prices, find information about routes and vessels, look for alternative routes and print your ferry ticket at once.
Timetables and ferry ticket prices to Messina may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest call with real-time availability.
Complete the fields below and view the actual prices for your ferry ticket!
BOOK IN ADVANCE
Book in advance your ferry ticket
If your final destination is Messina in Sicily, do not neglect to book your ferry tickets early enough to avoid last-minute surprises! We are sure that you do not want to ruin your vacation or change your route because you will not find an itinerary available.
Below we will mention some reasons that make it necessary to book your ferry tickets in advance!
Book your ferry tickets early to avoid surprises!
It is very important to organize your vacation in Sicily and the Aeolian Islands properly and in time so that no "surprise" spoils your mood. Apart from your air-tickets and hotel reservation, do not forget to book your ferry tickets. Have everything under control before you even leave your home!
Pay your hotel in Messina without using it!
During the high season and especially in the months of June, July, August, and September, it is difficult to find available accommodation for popular routes such as from Sicily to the Aeolian Islands. Do not make the mistake of paying for your hotel accommodation without having booked your ferry tickets at the same time.
Save time on your vacation!
Take some time and book your ferry tickets from home. Think about arriving in Italy and start looking for available tickets! Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry tickets, this allows you to spend more time on your vacation.
More available accommodation options on board!
Buying ferry tickets in advance gives you more convenience of accommodation options. There is usually an option for very economical deck tickets, for reclining chairs, or for business seats. Regular ferries offer extra accommodation in cabins with or without windows.
More available itineraries from Sicily to the Aeolian Islands!
Find in advance all possible routes and itineraries to make the right connections between flights and ferries.
Take advantage of the offers!
The sails from Messina to the Aeolian Islands are very popular. As the ferry tickets for this route can become expensive, it is natural to wish for the cheapest offer. Like all modes of transport, ferry companies usually offer special prices and discounts for those who buy their ferry tickets up to 3 to 6 months in advance.
ACCOMMODATION ON THE FERRY
Messina is a port city in the northeastern Sicily, only 6 kilometers opposite to the Italian mainland. It is among the biggest cities of Sicily and holds a great past with many civilizations passing through, such as the Greeks, Romans, Arabs and Normans. Messina has been rebuilt many times over the years since it had suffered from natural disasters. Glorious buildings, archeological places and museums plus annual festivals are some of the city's …More