Ferry to/from Patmos
HOW TO GET TO PATMOS BY FERRY
We have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to get to Patmos as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Patmos by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel in Patmos, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices for Patmos ferry, and real-time departures and arrivals with the ferry to/from Patmos.
- Patmos is connected with the port of Piraeus (in Athens) with conventional modern ferries and the journey lasts approx. 8 hours, while ferry connections also exist with the islands of Syros, Paros, Naxos, Samos, Ikaria, Chios, Lesvos and Limnos but also with Leros, Kalymnos, Kos, Rhodes and Lipsi with fast catamaran ferries. Furthermore, frequent departures from Kavala to Patmos via Chios and Lesvos.
- There are also ferry connections from Turkey to nearby islands (Kusadasi to Samos, Bodrum to Kos and Marmaris-Rhodes).
Getting to Patmos by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry to/from Patmos because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
Cars are allowed on most ferries running to or from Patmos, for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
- There is a choice of Conventional and High-speed catamaran ferries running frequently to/from Patmos with stops along the way.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry to/from Patmos destinations!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to/from Patmos. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to and from Patmos by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON PATMOS
Port of Patmos
- All ferries to Patmos land at the main port Skala.
Road network and public transportation on Patmos
- Patmos has a fairly good road network that allows you to navigate with ease in most interesting sites, beaches and villages. In Patmos you can scroll around with the local bus and taxis.
Public Bus Services on Patmos
- Upon arrival at the port of Patmos, can access almost every public service of the island!
- There are daily local bus departures to the most villages, sights and beaches on Patmos island. The bus connects the areas of Skala (main port) – Apokalipsis Cave – Chora – Grikos and Kambos. The buses normally runs every hour and the ticket cost is 1,50 Euro.
- Timetables or Timetables
- Terminal: In front of the ferry docking in Skala.
Taxis on Patmos
- The Taxi Association of Patmos consists of 12 cabs, which can take the visitor to the main destinations as Skala, Chora, Grikos and Kambos and to the beaches of the island.
- Taxi Service Call Numbers
- The island has two taxi ranks: In the port of Skala and in Chora, opposite the kiosk, next to the bus stop.
- Radio Taxi Paros: +30 2247031225
- Mr. Nikos Gryllis: +30 2247032216
Note: All above information for Patmos was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY FROM/TO PATMOS BY FERRY
Book your ferry to/from Patmos with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your journey in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ferry ticket to or from Patmos.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Patmos ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability to/from Patmos by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry to or from Patmos at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all operators that run to and from Patmos by ferry!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TO/FROM PATMOS
Arrange your ferry journey to/from Patmos in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Patmos in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Patmos you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry to/from Patmos. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Patmos without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Patmos, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Patmos without having booked the ferry pass to/from Patmos. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Patmos!
Save time in Patmos!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to/from Patmos, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets o/from Patmos but also to save time in Patmos; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Patmos Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to/from Patmos, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to/from Patmos is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Patmos Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to or from Patmos, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Patmos and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Patmos.
Get the best deal by Patmos Ferry prices!
Ferry tickets to/from Patmos can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to or from Patmos up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Patmos ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Patmos in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry to or from Patmos, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS ON THE FERRY TO/FROM PATMOS
Find out about the ferry types that are running to/from Patmos, choose the ideal accommodation option on the ferry to/from Patmos and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry to or from Patmos.
Legend has it that in ancient times Patmos rested at the bottom of the sea. It was only visible when Selene the Moon Goddess would shine over it.
Selene would often go to Mount Latmos to visit her lover King Endymion. This king was granted the privilege (by his father Zeus) of not ageing whenever he slept.
As he was often asleep, Selene would sit on top of Mount Latmos and talk to Artemis (Diana) who had one of her main sanctuaries th…