Ferry to/from Skiathos
HOW TO GET TO SKIATHOS BY FERRY
We have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to get to Skiathos as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Skiathos by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel in Skiathos, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices for Skiathos ferry, and real-time departures and arrivals with the ferry to/from Skiathos.
All year round there are ferries running to Skiathos from Volos and Agios Konstantinos, while from May to September there are frequent ferries from Skopelos, Alonissos, Mantoudi (Evia island) and Thessaloniki (suspended).
Getting to Skiathos by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry to/from Skiathos because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
Cars are allowed on most ferries running to or from Skiathos, for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
- There is a choice of Conventional and High-speed catamaran ferries running frequently to/from Skiathos with stops along the way.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry to/from Skiathos destinations!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to/from Skiathos. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to and from Skiathos by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON SKIATHOS
There are 3 different ways to access Skiathos island
- From the port of Agios Konstantinos (Kamena Vourla). The distance from Athens is approx. 120 km and the drive takes about 2 hours.
- From Volos. Approx. distance from Athens: 300 km in 3,5 hours.
- From Thessaloniki
Public Transportation and road network on Skiathos
- Skiathos has an area of 47 sq. km but does not have a large road network.
- The distance of the wide main road from Skiathos town to Koukounaries is 14 km, while there are networks to the north of the island and towards the airport, Xanemo and the Monastery of Evangelismos but also northwest to Mandraki, Aselino, Kechria and to the west towards Agia Eleni, etc.
Public Bus Services on Skiathos
- The Main Bus service in Skiathos is surprisingly good, there is one main route from Skiathos Town to Koukounaries beach (the RED route), and two other routes (GREEN) to Evangalistra Monastery and (BLUE) to Xanemos Beach.
- During the peak season, buses depart every 20-30 minutes and run from early in the morning until midnight.
- You pay the ticket fee (2,00 Euro) on board after you are seated.
- Bus Terminal: At the Park near the Elementary School.
- The airport is located 2 Km east of Skiathos town, on the eastern coast of Skiathos.
- Taxis and infrequent bus service connect the airport with Skiathos town.
- A mini-bus service from Airport to town is sometimes available (blue line) which continues on to Xanemos beach, you will need to check locally about this.
24/7 taxi service is available outside the Skiathos Airport Terminal building.
- The journey from the Airport to town or the port of Skiathos is about 10-15 minutes and the price is normally 10-20,00 Euro.
Taxis on Skiathos
- Skiathos island has around 20 taxi cars, that are available 24 hours a day and will take you anywhere on the island.
- The taxi terminal is located on the port, between the elementary school and the main port where the ferries arrive.
- Taxi phone no.: +30 2427021460
Tip: Most of the hotels on Skiathos have their own minibus and will transfer you from the hotel to the port or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
Note: All above information for Skiathos was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY FROM/TO SKIATHOS BY FERRY
Book your ferry to/from Skiathos with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your journey in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ferry ticket to or from Skiathos.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Skiathos ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability to/from Skiathos by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry to or from Skiathos at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all operators that run to and from Skiathos by ferry!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TO/FROM SKIATHOS
Arrange your ferry journey to/from Skiathos in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Skiathos in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Skiathos you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry to/from Skiathos. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Skiathos without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Skiathos, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Skiathos without having booked the ferry pass to/from Skiathos. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Skiathos!
Save time in Skiathos!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to/from Skiathos, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets to/from Skiathos but also to save time in Skiathos; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Skiathos Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to/from Skiathos, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to/from Skiathos is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Skiathos Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to or from Skiathos, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Skiathos and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Skiathos.
Get the best deal by Skiathos Ferry prices!
Ferry tickets to/from Skiathos can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to or from Skiathos up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Skiathos ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Skiathos in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry to or from Skiathos, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
It is the most cosmopolitan island of North Sporades complex, with more than 60 beaches. Although the last few years it has a rapid touristic development, it still maintains its scenery, especially in its south side. Greek great prose writers Alexandros Papadiamadis and Alexandros Moraitis were born here. The island, which was inhabited during the prehistoric era, extends over a surface of 50 km2 with 44 km long coastline and it has 6.000 inhabit…More