Ferry to/from Syros
HOW TO GET TO SYROS BY FERRY
We have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to get to Syros as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Syros by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel in Syros, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices for Syros ferry, and real-time departures and arrivals with the ferry to/from Syros.
- The port of Syros is connected daily with Piraeus and Rafina by at least two ferry routes, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
- Itineraries are executed by modern and comfortable conventional and high-speed passenger-car ferries.
- The port is also frequently connected with the rest of Cyclades, North Aegean and Dodecanese islands.
Getting to Syros by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry to/from Syros because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
- Cars are allowed on most ferries running to or from Syros, for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry to/from Syros destinations!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to/from Syros. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to and from Syros by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON SYROS
Public Transportation on Syros
- Syros is very well-developed with a good road network and safe paths to walk.
- The public bus transportation of Syros is good with frequent bus schedules to and from the popular beaches and lovely villages.
- A small boat set off from the village of Kini to the most isolated beaches on the northwest side of the island.
Public Bus Service on Syros
- The local bus service covers most of the island especially during the summer months. The local buses connect Ermoupoli with Galissas, Finikas, Posidonia, Megas Gialos, Vari, Azolimnos, Kini, Anno Mana, Chroussa, Parakopi and Vissa while municipal buses are also available, free of charge.
- Bus terminal in Hermoupolis is right next to the harbor and the passenger terminal.
- Phone: +30 2281082575
Urban buses on Syros
- In 2003, the urban transport in the island develops more, with the cooperation of the Ktel of Syros and the municipality of Ermoupolis and used the so called "MiniBus", which cover with their itineraries the main points of Ermoupolis giving thus a small " Breath "in the circulatory problem especially in the summer months.
Taxis on Syros
- Taxi drivers of Syros are distinguished for their helpfulness, courtesy and impeccable professionalism.
- Drivers are aware of each region and will lead you from the shortest route to the place you want to go.
- Most often they simultaneously act as a tour guide!
There are two taxi terminals on Syros:
- The central one next to the port
- The second one in Platea Heroon Square
TAXI phone numbers in Syros
- Radio Taxi Hermes: +30 2281084222, +30 2281080000
- Radio Taxi Syros: +30 2281084222, +30 2281086222
Bike sharing system on Syros
- Syros awarded a new project for the supply of bike sharing system.
- The project includes 3 automatic bike rental stations, 60 bikes specially designed for movement in the Syros island, the back office software and the user interface software.
- One of the stations will include automatic pay stations with credit card reader, which allows the local user registration and the payment of a bike.
- The system is fully automated and allows the bike rental either by using personal code or by using a credit card.
Tip: Most of the hotels on Syros have their own minibus and will transfer you from the hotel to the port or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
Note: All above information for Syros was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY FROM/TO SYROS BY FERRY
Book your ferry to/from Syros with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your journey in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ferry ticket to or from Syros.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Syros ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability to/from Syros by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry to or from Syros at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all operators that run to and from Syros by ferry!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TO/FROM SYROS
Arrange your ferry journey to/from Syros in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Syros in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Syros you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry to/from Syros. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Syros without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Syros, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Syros without having booked the ferry pass to/from Syros. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Syros!
Save time in Syros!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to/from Syros, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets o/from Syros but also to save time in Syros; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Syros Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to/from Syros, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to/from Syros is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Syros Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to or from Syros, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Syros and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Syros.
Get the best deal by Syros Ferry prices!
Ferry tickets to/from Syros can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to or from Syros up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Syros ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Syros in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry to or from Syros, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS ON THE FERRY TO/FROM SYROS
Find out about the ferry types that are running to/from Syros, choose the ideal accommodation option on the ferry to/from Syros and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry to or from Syros.
Siros was also called “Lady of Cyclades” and “Nymph of Aegean Sea” and was the home place of Pythagoras’ teacher Ferekidis. During the Neolithic period Siros was one of the most important islands of Cycladic civilization. In the 13th century it was occupied by the Venetians. The establishment and life of the medieval city, which was built on a hill above the port, left their marks to the island until now. Many runaways from other islands came to …More