Ferry from Santorini to Mykonos
HOW TO GET FROM SANTORINI TO MYKONOS BY FERRY
In the following lines, we have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to travel as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get from Santorini to Mykonos by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices, and real-time departures and arrivals for the ferry Santorini to Mykonos.
From Santorini to Mykonos by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
There is a choice of Conventional and High-speed catamaran ferries running non-stop from Santorini to Mykonos or with small stops along the way.
Ferry Schedules Santorini to Mykonos
- Dep. at 10:25 and arr. in 3 hours to Mykonos
- At 10:45 from Santorini, at 13:00 in Mykonos
- Going at 11:15 from Santorini, arrive at 15:15 in Mykonos (Regular cheap ferry)
- Depart 11:50 and arrive in Mykonos in 2 hours and 35 min. (at 14:25)
- From Santorini at 12:15, in Mykonos at 14:15
- At 12:40 from Santorini, at 15:15 in Mykonos
- Going at 14:30 from Santorini, arrive at 18:30 in Mykonos
Note: Timetables were accurate when they were published, but can change without notice.
Give a DATE and click on "Show" to view the updated timetables for the ferry from Santorini to Mykonos!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to Mykonos. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON SANTORINI AND MYKONOS
Useful suggestions on how to reach Santorini port (Athinios), tips for ground services and public transportation options by arriving in Mykonos with the Ferry.
Santorini has 4 seaports that serve not only ferries and cruise ships but also yachts and fishing boats.
- The ferry port Athinios from where depart all regular and high-speed ferries
- The old port Skala is built below Fira where the cruise ships put anchor daily
- The Amoudi bay which is situated below the village of Oia is a genuine small fishing port with lovely local eateries right by the sea. From Amoudi there are small boats that sail to the island of Thirassia. Also, some boat tours start and end there
- Vlychada port is next to the beach of Vlychada where small fishing boats and yachts put anchor. Many boat tours start and end here too
Public Transportation services in Santorini
- The public Buses from Fira Town meet most of the ferries that depart from Athinios port.
- The bus ticket from Fira central station to Athinios port cost approx. 2.30 Euros per way. For night routes from 00:30 to 05:00 the cost is approx. 2.90 Euros.
- There is a frequent public bus network service that runs from the villages of the island and ending in Fira Town.
- Travelers coming from Oia need to change bus in Fira‘s main bus station.
- The tickets can be purchased by the bus collector, and the price can vary from 1.80 to 2.50 Euros per person and per route.
- Exo Gonia-Fira
The main station in Fira
- 25 Martiou str. and Danezi M. str., near Alpha bank
- Tel.: +30 2286025404
- E-mail: [email protected] UPDATED DETAILS
Taxis on Santorini
- All taxis are gray and have a lit ‘taxi’ sign on top.
- Taxis can sit up to 4 passengers although they might not be able to take that many suitcases.
- Cabs in Santorini apply extra charges for excess baggage, port picks-up and night transfers.
- If you are in Fira town, there is a taxi stand at the main square.
- With just a phone call you can be picked up from any point of the island.
Main locations for taxis in Santorini
- Fira’s taxi stand is on Dekigala just around the corner from the bus station
- Athinios port
- Taxi and Radio-Taxi number: +30 2286022555, +30 6906794316
- E-mail: [email protected], DETAILS
- Prices: From Athinios port to Fira Town approx. 12-15 Euros
Tip: Most of the hotels in Santorini have their own minibus and will transfer you to the port or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
Arriving on Mykonos
The ports of Mykonos
- Mykonos has 2 seaports that serve not only ferries and cruise ships but also yachts and fishing boats.
- The old port in Chora serves small boats.
- The NEW port is in TOURLOS and about 1.5 km from the town (Chora). The harbor in Tourlos consist of main cruise boat quay, and quay for the regular and speedboats. Most of the ferry companies depart from this harbor.
Public Bus Service on Mykonos
- Mykonos has a good bus network service that connects Chora/City with the most villages and beaches.
- During the tourist season (April to October) there is a frequent public bus service from the new port in Tourlos to Mykonos Town (Fabrika Sq. station) and back.
- Tourlos (New Port)-Agios Stefanos
- Elia beach, Platis Yalos, Ornos, Ai Yannis, Fabrika-Paradise beach, Paranga beach and Airport
- Old Port station in Mykonos city-Kalafati, Elia beach, Kalo Livadi beach and Ano Mera village
- From NEW port in Tourlos to Agios Stefanos and Tourlos
Bus Terminals and contacts
- The main station in Mykonos Town: Fabrika sq. (Axioti str.), Tel. +30 2289023360, +30 2289026797
- Old Port station in Mykonos city (Polikandrioti str.; Behind the archaeological museum & Remezzo, north part of Town and next to OTE building)), Tel. +30 2289023360, +30 2289026797
- Old Town Port (very close to SeaBus station, north part of Town)
Taxis in Mykonos
- There are about 35 taxis, which mean you need great patience until you find one! You have to wait in line and sometimes you can wait for hours in the taxi queue and especially in the evening!
- Main locations for taxis in Mykonos Town
- Manto Square (also called Town Square or Taxi Square), on the harbor front near the statue
- Fabrika square (Axioti str.)
- Taxi and radio-taxi Tel.: +30 2289023700 & +30 2289022400
- Radio taxi service in late hours and out of town (add 5 Euro for this service)
- Approx. Price: From Chora/City to the new port approx. 12-15 Euros
- Mykonos SeaBus is the faster transportation service between the New Port (Tourlos) and the Old Port (Chora) of Mykonos Town and vice versa.
- The SeaBus runs every 30 minutes
- Luggage and Baby Strollers are carried on board
- Easy Wheelchair access
- New Port in Tourlos (Marina station)
- Old Town Port (near Bus station with access to Panormos, Ano Mera, Elia, Kalafatis, Super Paradise, and Paradise beach)
- Old City Port (near Old Town Hall)
- Duration from New Port to Old Port or vice versa: 8 minutes
- Price per person: 2 Euros
- Tel.: +30 6978830355
Tip: Most of the hotels in Mykonos have their own minibus and will pick you up from the port or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
Note: All the above information about Santorini and Mykonos was accurate when published but can be changed without notice.
TIMETABLES & AVAILABILITY SANTORINI-MYKONOS
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies that are sailing from Santorini to Mykonos, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your prepaid ferry ticket.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, timetables & availability Santorini-Mykonos by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best ferry deal at a price that fit your budget.
Give a DATE and click on PRICES to compare the prices of all ferry companies that run from Santorini to Mykonos!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR SANTORINI TO MYKONOS TICKET
Arrange your ferry ticket in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry from Santorini to Mykonos in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want anything to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat ticket you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your Santorini to Mykonos ticket. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Mykonos without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular routes. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel in Santorini or Mykonos without having booked the ferry pass. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find available tickets to your destination!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry tickets from Santorini to Mykonos, this allows you not only to secure your tickets but also to save time; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the Santorini to Mykonos ferry ticket, on the vessel you prefer and at the schedule you wish. It does not make sense that your ferry travel is interrupted by not finding available tickets, but it is possible.
Find more Santorini to Mykonos ferry routes!
If you want to organize your ferry journey to Mykonos, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets.
Get the best deal!
Ferry tickets to Mykonos can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It is a common practice to be announced special rates and deep discounts for booking tickets up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having your ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling having the confirmation in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your tickets from Santorini to Mykonos; you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or in your smartphone!
ACCOMMODATION FROM SANTORINI TO MYKONOS
Everything you need to know about ferry types and accommodation options; reserve the ideal accommodation from Santorini to Mykonos and get fresh and relaxed at your destination! Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day crossing to your destination.