HOW TO GET FROM TOULON TO AJACCIO BY FERRY
Find here useful information on how to get from Toulon to Ajaccio by ferry, how to get to the port of departure with the public transportation means, timetables and prices for the ferry tickets and available accommodation options on the ferry for the route Toulon to Ajaccio.
There are conventional ferries running frequently that directly connect Toulon with Ajaccio. Cars are allowed on the ferries at an additional fee and children usually travel at half price!
Travel duration from Toulon to Ajaccio
- The distance between the two ports is 157 nautical miles
- The journey lasts about 10 hours
- Since it is a time consuming route, you can book a cabin in order to reach your destination refreshed
Schedules of the ferries
- There are at least 7 crossings per week in high season (April to September)
- There are both morning and night departures
- The earliest departure starts at 07:00 and the latest at 23:30
Timetables were accurate when they were published, but can change without notice
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections from Toulon to Ajaccio. The biggest ferry operators announce the new ferry schedules by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
GROUND SERVICES IN TOULON AND AJACCIO
Check below our suggestions regarding the public means of transport in both destinations. Get information on how to approach the port of Toulon as well as how to get around Ajaccio after you disembark.
How to reach the port of Toulon
From Toulon Hyères Airport
- The distance between Toulon Airport and the city center is around 23 km
- The bus line 102 will take you to the main bus station of Toulon, next to the port
- The buses operate up to 6 times a day and the cost is 1.40 Euros for a single itinerary
- Grab a taxi or call +33 494 935 151
From the center of Toulon
- The main bus station of Toulon is located in Boulevard de Tessé, next to the train station (Gare Routière de Toulon). It is only a few meters away from the port
- The bus network of the city is well-developped and there are bus stops all around
- Call the numbers +33 809 400 013, +33 494 246 000 to get further details on bus schedules
- There are many taxi stands around the city and taxis are 24/7. Otherwise, you can call one at +33 494 935 151
Transportation in Ajaccio
From Napoleon Bonaparte Airport
- The bus Line 8 will transfer you to the train station next to the port in 30 minutes
- Itineraries are hourly, start at 05:20 and finish at 23:20
- Grab a taxi from the arrivals terminals or call +33 495 101 901
From the port
- There are two bus stops outside the port terminals. One a few meters outside the port facilities and one close to the roundabout in Cr Napoleon 75
- The offices are open everyday from 09:00-12:00 and 14:00-17:30 while on Saturdays, from 10:00-13:00
- For further details, call the number +33 495 232 941
- For a taxi transfer, please call the radio taxi service at +33 495 101 901
BOOK IN ADVANCE
Book in advance your ferry ticket from Toulon to Ajaccio.
If your final destination is Ajaccio, do not neglect to book your ferry tickets in advance in order to avoid any last-minute surprises! We are sure that you do not want to ruin your vacation or change your route because you will not find an available itinerary. It would surely be a bad experience if you are at the departure port and not be able to board on the ferry because it is fully booked.
some reasons that make it necessary to book your ferry tickets in advance are:
- Apart from your air-tickets and hotel reservation, do not forget to book your ferry tickets. Have everything under control before you leave home
- During the high season and especially in the months of June, July, August, and September, it is difficult to find available accommodation options on the ferry and for the specific route, since it lasts about 10 hours, a cabin is reccommended
- You have a bigger range of routes to choose between
- the ferry tickets for this route can become expensive as time passes. Usually, ferry companies offer special prices and discounts for those who buy their ferry tickets up to 3 to 6 months in advance
ACCOMMODATION ON THE FERRY
Everything you need to know about the accommodation options on the conventional ferry from Toulon to Ajaccio. Reserve the ideal accommodation and get fresh and relaxed at your destination! Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, economy deck chairs in spacious lounges and 2 or 4-bed cabins. There is a range of accommodation options to choose either you pick the day or the night ferry.