If you're planning a trip to Greece, you might be wondering how to take the ferry from Santorini to Mykonos. Luckily, there are several options available that make this journey easy. This is an easy guide for how to get from Santorini to Mykonos by Ferry, Port description, and recommendations for local public transportation services. Explore the website and find all the necessary details for the Ferry Santorini to Mykonos; Schedules and prices, Accommodation options with real-time Availability
How to get from Santorini to Mykonos by ferry?
First, it's important to note that several ferry companies operate in Greece, including Blue Star Ferries, Hellenic Seaways, and SeaJets. Each company has its schedule and pricing, so it is a good idea to compare before booking your tickets.
One popular route from Santorini to Mykonos is via the port of Piraeus which is located near Athens. From there, you can catch a ferry to Mykonos which typically takes around 5-6 hours. Alternatively, you can take a ferry from Santorini to Rafina, which is a smaller port closer to Athens, and then transfer to a ferry to Mykonos. This route can take longer but may be more convenient depending on your travel plans.
Another option is to take a direct ferry from Santorini to Mykonos. This route is typically operated by SeaJets and takes around 2-3 hours. However, it's important to note that this route may not be available year-round, so be sure to check schedules before booking.
When booking your ferry tickets, it's important to consider factors such as travel time and comfort. Some ferries offer amenities such as air conditioning and seating options, while others may be more basic. It's also a good idea to book in advance, especially during peak travel season when tickets can sell out quickly.
Overall, getting from Santorini to Mykonos by ferry is a great way to see more of Greece's stunning islands. With several options available, you can choose the route that works best for your travel plans and budget.
From Santorini to Mykonos by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
There is a choice of Conventional and High-speed catamaran ferries running non-stop from Santorini to Mykonos or with small stops along the way.
Ferry Schedules Santorini to Mykonos
- Dep. at 10:25 and arr. in 3 hours to Mykonos
- At 10:45 from Santorini, at 13:00 in Mykonos
- Going at 11:15 from Santorini, arrive at 15:15 in Mykonos (Regular cheap ferry)
- Depart at 11:50 and arrive in Mykonos in 2 hours and 35 min. (at 14:25)
- From Santorini at 12:15, in Mykonos at 14:15
- At 12:40 from Santorini, at 15:15 in Mykonos
- Going at 14:30 from Santorini, arrive at 18:30 in Mykonos
Note: Timetables were accurate when they were published, but can change without notice.
Give a date and click on "search" to view the updated timetables for the ferry from Santorini to Mykonos!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to Mykonos. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
Public transportation services on Santorini and Mykonos
Useful suggestions on how to reach Santorini port (Athinios), tips for ground services, and public transportation options by arriving in Mykonos by Ferry.
Santorini has four seaports that serve not only ferries and cruise ships but also yachts and fishing boats.
- Athinios from where all regular and high-speed ferries
- Skala is built below Fira where the cruise ships put anchor daily
- The Amoudi Bay which is situated below the village of Oia is a genuine small fishing port with lovely local eateries right by the sea. From Amoudi there are small boats that sail to the island of Thirassia. Also, some boat tours start and end there
- Vlychada is next to the beach of Vlychada where small fishing boats and yachts put anchor. Many boat tours start and end here too
Public Transportation services in Santorini
- The public Buses from Fira Town meet most of the ferries that depart from Athinios.
- The bus ticket from Fira central station to Athinios cost approx. 2.30 Euros per way. For night routes from 00:30 to 05:00, the cost is approx. 2.90 Euros.
- There is a frequent public bus network service that runs from the villages of the island and ends in Fira Town.
- Travelers coming from Oia need to change buses at Fira‘s main bus station.
- The tickets can be purchased by the bus collector, and the price can vary from 1.80 to 2.50 Euros per person and per route.
- Exo Gonia-Fira
The main station in Fira
Taxis on Santorini
- All taxis are gray and have a lit ‘taxi’ sign on top.
- Taxis can seat up to 4 passengers although they might not be able to take that many suitcases.
- Cabs in Santorini apply extra charges for excess baggage, and night transfers.
- If you are in Fira town, there is a taxi stand at the main square.
- With just a phone call you can be picked up from any point of the island.
Main locations for taxis in Santorini
- Fira’s taxi stand is on Dekigala just around the corner from the bus station
- Taxi and Radio-Taxi number: +30 2286022555, +30 6906794316
- E-mail: [email protected], details.
- Prices: From Athinios to Fira Town approx. 12-15 Euros
Tip: Most of the hotels in Santorini have their minibus and will transfer you to the port or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
Arriving on Mykonos
The ports of Mykonos
- Mykonos has 2 seaports that serve not only ferries and cruise ships but also yachts and fishing boats.
- The old port in Chora serves small boats.
- The new port is in Tourlos and is about 1.5 km from the town (Chora). The harbor in Tourlos consists of a main cruise boat quay and a quay for the regular and speedboats. Most of the ferry companies depart from this harbor.
Public Bus Service on Mykonos
- Mykonos has a good bus network service that connects Chora/City with the most villages and beaches.
- During the tourist season (April to October) there is a frequent public bus service from the new port in Tourlos to Mykonos Town (Fabrika Sq. station) and back.
Bus Terminals and contacts
- The main station in Mykonos Town: Fabrika sq. (Axioti str.), Tel. +30 2289023360, +30 2289026797
- Old Port station in Mykonos city (Polikandrioti str.; Behind the archaeological museum & Remezzo, north part of Town and next to OTE building)), Tel. +30 2289023360, +30 2289026797
- Old Town Port (very close to SeaBus station, north part of Town)
Taxis in Mykonos
- There are about 35 taxis, which means you need great patience until you find one! You have to wait in line and sometimes you can wait for hours in the taxi queue and especially in the evening!
- Main locations for taxis in Mykonos Town
- Manto Square (also called Town Square or Taxi Square), on the harbor front near the statue
- Fabrika square (Axioti str.)
- Taxi and radio-taxi Tel.: +30 2289023700 & +30 2289022400
- Radio taxi service in late hours and out of town (add 5 Euro for this service)
- Approx. Price: From Chora/City to the new port approx. 12-15 Euros
- Mykonos SeaBus is the faster transportation service between the New Port (Tourlos) and the Old Port (Chora) of Mykonos Town and vice versa.
- The SeaBus runs every 30 minutes
- Luggage and Baby Strollers are carried on board
- Easy Wheelchair access
- New Port in Tourlos (Marina station)
- Old Town Port (near Bus station with access to Panormos, Ano Mera, Elia, Kalafatis, Super Paradise, and Paradise Beach)
- Old City Port (near Old Town Hall)
- Duration from New to Old Port or vice versa: 8 minutes
- Price per person: 2 Euros
- Tel.: +30 6978830355
Note: All the above information about Santorini and Mykonos was accurate when published but can be changed without notice.
Santorini to Mykonos Ferry Schedules
With go-ferry.com you can connect online with the reservation systems of most Greek shipping companies that are sailing from Santorini to Mykonos, to compare prices, find information about routes and vessels, look for alternative routes, and print instantly your prepaid ferry ticket.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, timetables & availability of Santorini-Mykonos by ferry. With so many accommodation options to pull from, you can be sure to find the best ferry deal at a price that fits your budget.
Give a date and click on "search" to compare the prices of all ferry companies that run from Santorini to Mykonos!
Book in advance your Santorini to Mykonos ticket
Arrange your ferry ticket in advance
You must organize your ferry from Santorini to Mykonos in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want anything to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air tickets, when you book the boat ticket you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your Santorini to Mykonos ticket. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for a Hotel in Mykonos without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular routes. So, don't make the mistake of booking your hotel in Santorini or Mykonos without having booked the ferry pass. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find available tickets to your destination!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry tickets from Santorini to Mykonos, this allows you not only to secure your tickets but also to save time; besides receiving a service and attention first.
Have a bigger choice of Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the Santorini to Mykonos ferry ticket, on the vessel you prefer and at the schedule you wish. It does not make sense that your ferry travel is interrupted by not finding available tickets, but it is possible.
Find more Santorini to Mykonos ferry routes!
If you want to organize your ferry journey to Mykonos, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines to make the right combinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets.
Get the best deal!
Ferry tickets to Mykonos can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It is a common practice to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking tickets up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having your ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling having the confirmation in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your tickets from Santorini to Mykonos; you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or your smartphone!
Accommodation from Santorini to Mykonos
Everything you need to know about ferry types and accommodation options; reserve the ideal accommodation ferry options from Santorini to Mykonos and get fresh and relaxed at your destination! Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day crossing to your destination.