From Athens to Mykonos
BY SEA OR BY AIR TO MYKONOS
A quick view
There are 2 options for getting from Athens to Mykonos: By ferry or by plane
- Duration for high-speed ferries from Athens: 2 hours and 20-40 minutes
- Sailing time with regular ferries to Mykonos: 4-5 hours
- Flying time Athens to Mykonos small airport: 40 min. on the air plus check-in advanced time plus shuttle transfer time to/from the plane plus time to get your baggage
- Air-ticket price: from 65 to 170 Euro per person (one-way incl. 1 x 25 kg baggage + res. seat with Olympic-air)
- Ferry-ticket price: from 30 (early-booking fare with regular ferry) to 66 Euro per person (high-speed ferry)
Tip: Mykonos is a very popular destination and everything has to be well organized and booked in advance!
BY FERRY ATHENS-MYKONOS
There are frequent daily departures from Athens to Mykonos with Regular (throughout the year) and High-speed ferries (from April to October).
To get to the port of Piraeus from Athens take the metro from the stop closest to you to the last stop: Pireaus. There is a map on the dock that tells you where to find the right gate for your ferry for each island.
If you are arriving at the airport of Athens, the best choice is taking a ferry from the port of Athens/Rafina or Athens/Lavrio, rather than traveling to Athens and gets a ferry from Piraeus.
- Regular Ferries between Athens and Mykonos, take approx. 4-5 hours.
- Fast Ferries take approx. 2,30 hours (depending on weather conditions).
Pets are traveling for free, cars are allowed on most ferries for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price.
Going by ferry from Athens to Mykonos
- November to February: 2-3 departures
- March to April: 4-5 ferry departure per day
- May: 8-10 dep. per day
- June to September: 15-18 sailings on the same day
- October: 8-10 sailings per day
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to find updated timetables and to compare the prices of all ferry companies that run from Athens to Mykonos!
Accommodation options Athens to Mykonos
Book your ideal accommodation option on the ferry Athens to Mykonos and arrive fresh and rested to your destination! There is a range of accommodation options to choose for the day ride from Athens to Mykonos; economy armchairs and business or VIP class comfort seats are at your disposal.
THE ATHENIAN PORTS
There are 2 ferry ports in Athens that they serve ferries to Mykonos:
- The Port of Piraeus is the biggest and busiest one
There are 10 gates in the port of Piraeus and each gate serves a different destination
- The Port of Rafina is located on the northeastern side of the Attica peninsula. It's the closest port to Athens International Airport!
THE PORT OF MYKONOS
Mykonos has 3 main Ports: the old, the new ferry port and the cruise port.
The old Mykonos port is usually used for excursions to the neighboring island of ancient Delos and for small fast ferries.
The NEW Mykonos port is located 5 km away from the City of Mykonos.
Public transportation services on Mykonos
During the tourist season, there is a frequent public bus service from the new port in Tourlos to Mykonos Town (Tel. +30 2289023360, +30 2289026797).
- It is best to take a taxi (Tel. 22890 22400 and 22890 23700) from the new port to town (approx. 12-15 Euro).
- It is possible to walk from the new port into town, but it will take around 20 minutes
- Hop on the SeaBus and arrive in the new port Tourlos in 8 minutes for 2 Euro (Tel. +30 6978830355)!
Tip: Most of the hotels on Mykonos have their own minibus and will transfer you from the port to hotel and vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
GO BY PLANE ATHENS-MYKONOS
Most domestic airlines have frequent flights from Athens to Mykonos.
How to get from Athens center to the International airport
Athens is 33 km northwest of Athens International Airport. You have 3 options to get from Athens city to Athens International Airport:
Take Metro Line 3 which connects the city center with Athens airport. Trains run every 30 minutes, 7 days a week from 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. The trip from Syntagma station to the Airport lasts 40-45 minutes.
You can buy tickets using the Automatic Ticket Issuing Machines (ATMs) in all METRO and Stations and from the Ticket Offices.
By Public Bus
Take the express bus X95 that connect Syntagma Square with the Athenian airport. Service is provided on a non-stop basis seven days a week including holidays. BUS tickets are sold at the info/ticket-kiosk or onboard at no extra cost.
Taxi from the city center to the airport costs a flat rate of €35 from 5:00 a.m. to midnight, and €50 from midnight to 5:00 a.m. You may wish to BOOK ONLINE to avoid delays!
Note: The charge includes all applicable surcharges and extras (published 2019).
Mykonos international airport is located 3,5 km from the city of Mykonos (Chora) and is served by public bus (tickets can be purchased by the bus driver and costs 2 Euro) and by 24/7 taxi (the journey from the Airport Mykonos to the city of Mykonos is about 10 minutes and the fare is normally 15 Euro).
Flights from Athens to Mykonos can be rather expensive and can sell out quickly (especially during peak season), so venturing out by sea is generally the preferred choice.
Note: All above information for Athens and Mykonos was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.