Ferry to/from Mykonos
HOW TO GET TO MYKONOS BY FERRY
In the following lines, we have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to reach Mykonos as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Mykonos by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight lodge, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices, and real-time departures and arrivals with the ferry to/from Mykonos.
REACHING MYKONOS BY FERRY
Athens has 3 main ferry ports; Piraeus, Rafina, and Lavrion all of which run differing services to Mykonos.
From Piraeus harbor to Mykonos
- Conventional, High-Speed and Catamaran Ferries: Daily morning and afternoon (summer season) departures. Duration from 5 (conventional) to 3,30 hours (speed ferries).
From Rafina port to Mykonos
- Modern regular, High-Speed and Catamaran Ferries: Frequent daily departures. The travel to Mykonos takes from 4 (regular) to 2,30 hours (speed ferries).
From Lavrion port to Mykonos
- Frequent departures in the summer season only!
Going to Mykonos by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry to/from Mykonos because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
Cars are allowed on most ferries running to/from Mykonos, for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
- There is a choice of Conventional and High-speed catamaran ferries running frequently to/from Mykonos with stops along the way.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry connections to and from Mykonos island!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to and from Mykonos. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to/from Mykonos by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY TO/FROM MYKONOS BY FERRY
Book your ferry to/from Mykonos with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your trip in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ferry ticket to or from Mykonos.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your prepaid Mykonos ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability to/from Mykonos by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry to/from Mykonos at a price that fit your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and view the ferry prices of ferries going to/from Mykonos island!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TO/FROM MYKONOS
Arrange your ferry journey to and from Mykonos in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Mykonos in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Mykonos you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry to/from Mykonos. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Mykonos without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular islands, such as Mykonos, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Mykonos without having booked the ferry pass to/from Mykonos. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Mykonos!
Save time in Mykonos!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to/from Mykonos, this allows you not only to secure your tickets to/from Mykonos but also to save time in Greece; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Mykonos Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to/from Mykonos, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to/from Mykonos is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Mykonos Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your trip to or from Mykonos, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Mykonos and the islands as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Mykonos.
Get the best deal by Mykonos Ferry prices!
Ferry tickets to/from Mykonos can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking tickets to or from Mykonos up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Mykonos ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry confirmation to or from Mykonos in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your tickets to or from Mykonos, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS ON THE FERRY TO/FROM MYKONOS
Book your ideal accommodation option on the ferry to/from Mykonos and arrive fresh and rested at your destination! Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ride to/from Mykonos.
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON MYKONOS
The ports of Mykonos
Mykonos has 2 seaports that serve not only ferries and cruise ships but also yachts and fishing boats.
- The old port in Chora still keeps arrivals and departures for small Flyingcat and Catamaran ferries.
- The NEW port is in TOURLOS and about 1.5 km from the town (Chora). The harbor in Tourlos consist of main cruise boat quay, and quay for the largest ferries and speedboats. Most of the ferry companies dock and leave from this harbor.
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON MYKONOS
Public Bus Service on Mykonos
- Mykonos has a good bus network service that connects the most villages and beaches with Chora/City.
- During the tourist season (April to October) there is a frequent public bus service from Mykonos Town (Fabrika Sq. station) to the new port in Tourlos and back.
- Tourlos (New Port) – Agios Stefanos
- Fabrika – Elia Beach, Platis Yalos, Ornos, Ai Yannis, Paradise, Paranga, Airport
- City station Old Port - Kalafati, Elia, Kalo Livadi, Ano Mera village
- Old Town Port - Agios Stefanos and Tourlos, only going at the NEW port in Tourlos
Bus Terminals and contacts
- The main station in Mykonos Town: Fabrika sq. (Axioti str.), Tel. +30 2289023360, +30 2289026797
- City station Old Port (Polikandrioti str.; Behind the archaeological museum & Remezzo, north part of Town and next to OTE building)), Tel. +30 2289023360, +30 2289026797
- Old Town Port (very close to SeaBus station, north part of Town)
Taxis in Mykonos
On the entire island, there are about 35 taxis, which mean you need great patience until you find one! You have to wait in line and sometimes you can wait for hours in the taxi queue and especially in the evening!
Main locations for taxis in Mykonos Town:
- Manto Square (also called Town Square or Taxi Square), on the harbor front near the statue
- Fabrika square (Axioti str.)
- Taxi and radio-taxi Tel.: +30 2289023700 & +30 2289022400
- Radio taxi service in late hours and out of town (add 5 Euro for this service)
- Approx. Price: From Chora/City to the new port approx. 12-15 Euros
Mykonos SeaBus is the faster transportation service between the New Port (Tourlos) and the Old Port (Chora) of Mykonos Town and vice versa.
- The SeaBus runs every 30 minutes
- Luggage and Baby Strollers are carried on board
- Easy Wheelchair access
- New Port in Tourlos (Marina station)
- Old Town Port (near Bus station with access to Panormos, Ano Mera, Elia, Kalafatis, Super Paradise, and Paradise beach)
- Old City Port (near Old Town Hall)
- Duration from New Port to Old Port or vice versa: 8 minutes
- Price per person: 2 Euros
- Tel.: +30 6978830355
Tip: Most of the hotels in Mykonos have their own minibus and will transfer you from the hotel to the port or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
Note: All above information for Mykonos was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
One of the most renowned tourist destinations in the world! Mykonos is the most famous Greek island in the world and the favorite destination of celebrities from around the globe.
It is also one of the most beautiful Cycladic islands with many bare hills, amazing sandy beaches, exceptionally well-preserved Cycladic architecture, white chapels and uniquely beautiful landscapes.
During the last decades many villas and hotels have been constructed wit…
ONE DAY EXCURSIONS TO MYKONOS
Mykonos Island is the most famous tourist island in the Eastern Mediterranean and certainly the most cosmopolitan amongst the Cyclades, something which is not just by chance.
Really, everyone should see Mykonos Town as it is absolutely gorgeous with its quintessential Greek isle scenery.
- 1-Day Excursion to Mykonos (dep. from Athens)
- 1-day Trip to Mykonos (dep. from Santorini, Ios, Naxos, and Paros)