Ferry to Mykonos
HOW TO REACH MYKONOS BY FERRY
In the following lines, we have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to reach Mykonos by Ferry as easily and pleasantly as possible but also to know in advance the available services offered on the island.
There is a choice of Regular and High-speed catamaran ferries running frequently to/from Mykonos with stops along the way.
Athens has 3 main ferry ports; Piraeus, Rafina, and Lavrion all of which run differing services to Mykonos.
From Piraeus to Mykonos
- Regular, High-Speed and Catamaran Ferries: Daily morning and afternoon (summer season) departures. Duration from 3,30 (speed-ferries) to 5 hrs (regular ferry)
From Rafina to Mykonos
- Modern Regular, High-Speed and Catamaran Ferries: Frequent daily departures. The travel to Mykonos takes from 2,30 (speed-ferries) to 4 hrs (regular)
From Lavrion to Mykonos
- Frequent departures in the summer season only!
There are also departures from:
- Santorini: Frequent departures throughout the day. The journey takes from 2 to 4 hours depending on the ferry type
- Naxos and Paros: 5 to 6 daily departures depending on the season period. Trip time about 1 hour
- Milos: 3-4 daily sails from June to September. The trip lasts from 3 to 5 hrs
- Crete: 3 departures from May to October with a duration of 3 to 4 hrs
- Ikaria and Samos: 1 dep. every second day. Journey time from 3 to 5 hrs
- Syros: 3 daily dep. from May to Oct. Trip time 0,30 min.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry connections to and from Mykonos island!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to and from Mykonos. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PRICES & HOW TO BOOK YOUR TICKET
- Athens-Mykonos: From Euro 45,00 (regular ferry) to € 80,00 (high-speed ferry)
- Santorini-Mykonos: € 70-95,00 (high-speed)
- Crete-Mykonos: € 100-120,00 (high-speed)
- Naxos-Mykonos: From € 30,00 (regular) to € 60,00 (high-speed)
- Paros-Mykonos: From € 25,00 (regular) to € 50,00 (high-speed)
- Milos-Mykonos: € 90-100,00 (high-speed)
- Amorgos-Mykonos: From € 40,00 (regular) to € 80,00 (high-speed)
Book your ticket with any ferry operator that suits you better and enjoy your journey onboard! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers flexibility and faster services for your ferry tickets to Mykonos.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your ferry ticket.
Ferry timetables and ferry prices to Mykonos may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest call with real-time availability.
Complete the below fields and view the actual prices for the ferry ticket to/from Mykonos island!
BOOKING IN ADVANCE
During the peak season or if you have little time to visit any island or destination, booking your ferry to Mykonos in advance will be a real benefit.
Secure your ferry ticket
Especially in popular destinations such as Mykonos, ferries and airplanes are fully booked several months ago.
In many cases, making online reservations will allow you to find offers or compare prices of accommodation categories and different ferry operators.
This is a great thing! If you do not want to waste your time looking for "special" travel agencies or queuing to get your tickets, then shopping online is your best choice. Imagine that you arrive in Greece and realize that all ferries are fully booked. What are you going to do?
Organize your vacation better
When traveling, the most important thing is to organize all your days properly. Most travelers prefer to have the smallest detail arranged many days before leaving home.
Booking the ferry to Mykonos in advance can help you immensely in the success of the trip. Avoiding unforeseen events is always important, especially if time is of the essence.
Book your ideal accommodation option on the ferry to Mykonos and arrive fresh and rested at your destination! Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. With so many accommodation options, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry connection at a price that fits your budget!
LOCAL SERVICES BY ARRIVING
THE PORTS OF MYKONOS
The island has 2 seaports that serve not only the ferries but also the cruise ships, the yachts and the fishing boats.
- The old port in Chora still keeps arrivals and departures for small Flyingcat and Catamaran ferries (not anymore).
- The NEW port is in TOURLOS and about 1.5 km from the town (Chora). The harbor in Tourlos consists of the main cruise boat quay, and the quay for the large ferries, high-speed and catamaran ones. Most of the ferry companies dock and leave from this harbor.
LOCAL TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
Public Bus Service on Mykonos
- Mykonos has a good bus network service that connects the most villages and beaches with Chora/City.
- During the tourist season (April to October) there is a frequent public bus service from Mykonos Town (Fabrika Sq. station) to the new port in Tourlos and back.
- Tourlos (New Port) – Agios Stefanos
- Fabrika – Elia Beach, Platis Yalos, Ornos, Ai Yannis, Paradise, Paranga, Airport
- City station Old Port - Kalafati, Elia, Kalo Livadi, Ano Mera village
- Old Town Port - Agios Stefanos and Tourlos, only going at the NEW port in Tourlos
Bus Terminals and contacts
- The main station in Mykonos Town: Fabrika sq. (Axioti str.), Tel. +30 2289023360, +30 2289026797
- City station Old Port (Polikandrioti str.; Behind the archaeological museum & Remezzo, north part of Town and next to OTE building)), Tel. +30 2289023360, +30 2289026797
- Old Town Port (very close to SeaBus station, north part of Town)
Taxis on Mykonos
On the entire island, there are about 35 taxis, which mean you need great patience until you find one! You have to wait in line and sometimes you can wait for hours in the taxi queue and especially in the evening!
Main locations for taxis in Mykonos Town:
- Manto Square (also called Town Square or Taxi Square), on the harbor front near the statue
- Fabrika square (Axioti str.)
- Taxi and radio-taxi Tel.: +30 2289023700 & +30 2289022400
- Radio taxi service in late hours and out of town (add 5 Euro for this service)
- Approx. Price: From Chora/City to the new port approx. 12-15 Euros
SeaBus Transfer service
Mykonos SeaBus is the faster transportation service between the New Port (Tourlos) and the Old Port (Chora) of Mykonos Town and vice versa.
- The SeaBus runs every 30 minutes
- Luggage and Baby Strollers are carried on board
- Easy Wheelchair access
- New Port in Tourlos (Marina station)
- Old Town Port (near Bus station with access to Panormos, Ano Mera, Elia, Kalafatis, Super Paradise, and Paradise beach)
- Old City Port (near Old Town Hall)
- Duration from New Port to Old Port or vice versa: 8 minutes
- Price per person: 2 Euros
- Tel.: +30 6978830355
Tip: Most of the hotels in Mykonos have their own minibus and will transfer you from the hotel to the port or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
All the above information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
One of the most renowned tourist destinations in the world! Mykonos is the most famous Greek island in the world and the favorite destination of celebrities from around the globe.
It is also one of the most beautiful Cycladic islands with many bare hills, amazing sandy beaches, exceptionally well-preserved Cycladic architecture, white chapels and uniquely beautiful landscapes.
During the last decades many villas and hotels have been constructed wit…
Mykonos Island is the most famous tourist island in the Eastern Mediterranean and certainly the most cosmopolitan amongst the Cyclades, something which is not just by chance.
Really, everyone should see Mykonos Town as it is absolutely gorgeous with its quintessential Greek isle scenery.
- 1-Day Excursion to Mykonos (dep. from Athens)
- 1-day Trip to Mykonos (dep. from Santorini, Ios, Naxos, and Paros)