Ferry to Cyclades islands
POPULAR FERRY ROUTES TO CYCLADES ISLANDS
Ferry to Cyclades Islands: A Perfect Way to Explore the Greek Paradise
Greece is a country that is blessed with natural beauty, rich history, and a vibrant culture. The Cyclades Islands, located in the Aegean Sea, are one of the most popular tourist destinations in Greece. The islands are known for their stunning beaches, picturesque villages, and ancient ruins. The best way to explore the Cyclades Islands is by ferry, which offers a unique and unforgettable experience.
Why Choose a Ferry to the Cyclades Islands?
There are several reasons why a ferry is the best way to explore the Cyclades Islands. Firstly, the islands are scattered across the Aegean Sea, and the only way to reach them is by sea. Secondly, taking a ferry allows you to enjoy the stunning views of the islands and the sea. Thirdly, ferries are affordable and offer a range of options to suit your budget. Lastly, taking a ferry is a convenient way to travel between the islands as they are well-connected by sea.
Types of Ferries
There are different types of ferries that operate in the Cyclades Islands. The most common ones are:
1. High-speed ferries: These are fast and comfortable ferries that can cover long distances in a short time. They are ideal for those who want to travel quickly between the islands.
2. Conventional ferries: These are slower but more affordable than high-speed ferries. They are ideal for those who want to enjoy the sea views and have a relaxed journey.
3. Catamarans: These are fast and comfortable ferries that are ideal for short distances. They offer a smooth ride and are perfect for those who want to travel quickly between nearby islands.
4. Hydrofoils: These are fast and efficient ferries that can reach high speeds. They are ideal for those who want to travel quickly between nearby islands.
Best Time to Take a Ferry to the Cyclades Islands
The best time to take a ferry to the Cyclades Islands is from May to October. During this time, the weather is warm and sunny, and the sea is calm. The islands are also less crowded during this time, making it easier to explore them without the crowds.
Tips for Taking a Ferry to the Cyclades Islands
1. Book your tickets in advance to avoid last-minute hassles.
2. Check the weather forecast before you travel and be prepared for any changes in the weather.
3. Pack light as there is limited space on the ferries.
4. Carry a jacket or sweater as it can get chilly on the ferry, especially in the evening.
5. Bring some snacks and water as there may not be food available on the ferry.
6. Be prepared for delays as ferries can get delayed due to weather conditions.
7. Respect the environment and do not litter on the islands or in the sea.
Taking a ferry to the Cyclades Islands is an experience that you will never forget. It offers a unique way to explore the islands and enjoy the stunning views of the Aegean Sea. Whether you are traveling solo, with friends, or with family, taking a ferry is an affordable and convenient way to travel between the islands. So, pack your bags and get ready to explore the Greek paradise of the Cyclades Islands!
From the Greek mainland, regular and high-speed catamaran ferries, run daily from Athens (Piraeus, Rafina and Lavrio port).
Ferry trips with regular ferries are four to five hours to the closest islands and from eight to ten hours to the furthest depending on the number of stops. The fast ferries take half the time but cost twice as much. There are daily ferries from Athens/Piraeus or Athens/Rafina to the most of Cyclades islands, with the exception of Kea and Kythnos which you get to from Athens/Lavrio port.
Ferry tickets are purchased for a specific route and for personal use. If you are going to travel to more than one Greek island then you will need to buy a ticket for each route. Every destination is an individual ticket!
According to our customers' searches, we list the most popular ferry routes to Cyclades Islands.
- Athens - Mykonos: Daily departures throughout the year with regular ferries and continuously departures from May to September with high-speed ferries. Trip duration 4-5 hours (half time for fast ferries) and ticket coast 30 to 70 Euro.
- Mykonos - Santorini: Multi daily departures from April to October with fast ferries. Trip duration 4-5 hours and ticket cost 50-80 Euro.
- Santorini - Crete: 3-5 departures on a day from April to October with regular and high-speed ferries. Trip duration 4 hours (half time for fast ferries) and ticket cost 50-80 Euro.
- Mykonos - Paros: 8-10 sailings from April to October with regular and high-speed ferries. Trip duration 1,5 hours (half time for catamaran ferries) and ticket cost 30-48 Euro.
- Naxos - Santorini: 3-4 weekly departures throughout the year with regular ferries and 5-6 departures from May to September with high-speed ferries. Trip duration 2 hours (approx. half time for fast ferries) and ticket cost 30-55 Euro.
- Athens - Milos: 2 weekly departures throughout the year with regular ferries and 4 departures from May to September with catamaran ferries. Trip duration 4-7 hours (approx. half time for speed ferries) and ticket cost 30-70 Euro.
- Milos - Paros: 1-2 daily departures from June to September with fast ferries. Trip duration 2 hours and ticket cost 60-90 Euro.
- Paros - Ios: 4-6 daily departures from June to September with regular and high-speed ferries. Trip duration 3 hours (approx. half time for speed ferries) and ticket cost 20-45 Euro.
HOW TO BUY FERRY TICKETS TO THE CYCLADES
Are you planning a trip to the Cyclades and wondering how to buy ferry tickets? Look no further! Here's a step-by-step guide to help you purchase your tickets hassle-free.
Step 1: Decide on your route and ferry company
First, you need to decide on your route and which ferry company you want to use. The Cyclades are a group of islands, so you'll need to figure out which islands you want to visit and in what order. Once you have a rough itinerary, you can start looking at ferry schedules and prices. There are several ferry companies that operate in the Cyclades, including Blue Star Ferries, Hellenic Seaways, and SeaJets. Each company has its own schedule and prices, so it's a good idea to compare them before making a decision.
Step 2: Book your tickets online
Once you've decided on your route and ferry company, the easiest way to buy your tickets is online through our website. Simply select your route and travel dates. You'll be able to see the available ferries and prices and choose the one that works best for you. Make sure to double-check the dates and times before booking, as ferry schedules can change.
Step 3: Board the ferry
On the day of your trip, make sure to arrive at the port at least 30 minutes before departure time. You'll need to check in at the ferry company's desk and show your ticket and ID. Once you're checked in, you can board the ferry and find your seat. There are usually several seating options on ferries, including economy class, business class, and VIP class. Make sure to choose the option that works best for you.
Step 5: Enjoy your trip!
Now that you've bought your ferry tickets and boarded the ferry, it's time to sit back and enjoy the ride. The Cyclades are known for their stunning landscapes and crystal-clear waters, so make sure to take in the views. You can also grab a snack or drink from the onboard café or restaurant. And if you're traveling with kids, most ferries have play areas to keep them entertained.
In conclusion, buying ferry tickets to the Cyclades is a straightforward process that can be done online. By following these simple steps, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free trip. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your island-hopping adventure today!
- Avoid peak times such as public holidays and Fridays to Sundays.
- Avoid prices with extra costs by the booking process. When you buy ferry tickets, fees and charges must be included and appeared in the total price at the beginning of the process (except Amex and PayPal fees).
- Avoid extra delivery costs. You don't need to have them posted.