Ferry to Cyclades islands
POPULAR FERRY ROUTES TO CYCLADES ISLANDS
The most photogenic islands in the Aegean Sea are belonging to the Cyclades group!
From the Greek mainland, regular and highspeed catamaran ferries, run daily from Athens (Piraeus, Rafina and Lavrio port).
Ferry trips with regular ferries are four to five hours to the closest islands and from eight to ten hours to the furthest depending on the number of stops. The fast ferries take half the time but cost twice as much. There are daily ferries from Athens/Piraeus or Athens/Rafina to the most of Cyclades islands, with the exception of Kea and Kythnos which you get to from Athens/Lavrio port.
Ferry tickets are individual ferry tickets purchased for a specific route and for personal use. If you are going to travel to more than one Greek island then you will need to buy a ticket for each route. Every destination is an individual ticket!
According to our customers' searches, we list the most popular ferry routes to Cyclades Islands.
- Athens-Mykonos: Daily departures throughout the year with regular ferries and continuously dep. from May to September with highspeed ferries. Trip duration 4-5 hours (half time for fast ferries) and ticket coast 30 to 70 Euro.
- Mykonos-Santorini: Multi daily departures from April to October with fast ferries. Trip duration 4-5 hours and ticket cost 50-80 Euro.
- Santorini-Crete: 3-5 departures on a day from April to October with regular and high-speed ferries. Trip duration 4 hours (half time for fast ferries) and ticket cost 50-80 Euro.
- Mykonos-Paros: 8-10 sailings from April to October with regular and high-speed ferries. Trip duration 1,5 hours (half time for catamaran ferries) and ticket cost 30-48 Euro.
- Naxos-Santorini: 3-4 weekly departures throughout the year with regular ferries and 5-6 dep. from May to September with high-speed ferries. Trip duration 2 hours (approx. half time for fast ferries) and ticket cost 30-55 Euro.
- Athens-Milos: 2 weekly departures throughout the year with regular ferries and 4 dep. from May to September with catamaran ferries. Trip duration 4-7 hours (approx. half time for speed ferries) and ticket cost 30-70 Euro.
- Milos-Paros: 1-2 daily dep. from June to September with fast ferries. Trip duration 2 hours and ticket cost 60-90 Euro.
- Paros-Ios: 4-6 daily dep. from June to September with regular and high-speed ferries. Trip duration 3 hours (approx. half time for speed ferries) and ticket cost 20-45 Euro.
HOW TO BUY FERRY TICKETS TO THE CYCLADES
The ferries to and from the Cyclades are the most frequent from May to September. In October and from April to mid-May, ferry runs are limited but still are enough to serve the travelers. From November to March, sailings are rare and usually serve the large islands or islands like Mykonos, Tinos, Syros, Naxos, that are popular to the locals! There are no ferries running between Crete and Santorini as well as between Mykonos and Santorini from November to March! To get to one of these islands you must move first to Athens and from there to your destination!
For buying ferry tickets to Cyclades Islands, please follow our suggestions:
- 1st check for available routes or send us an e-mail ([email protected])
- 2nd compare the trip duration and find out the type of the ship (regular or fast ferry)
- 3rd choose accommodation depending on the trip duration and your needs
- 4th compare the prices of each shipping company we offer
- 5th buy the tickets 3-4 months in advance to secure your journey
- 6th get the confirmation and feel great!
- Avoid peak times such as public holidays and Fridays to Sundays.
- Avoid prices with extra costs by the booking process. When you buy ferry tickets, fees and charges must be included and appeared in the total price at the beginning of the process (except Amex and PayPal fees).
- Avoid extra delivery costs. You don't need to have them posted.