Ferry from/to Athens
HOW TO GET TO ATHENS FERRY PORTS
Starting your holidays from Athens is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping. Most islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry from or to Athens because of the convenience and flexibility it affords!
Cars are allowed on most ferries running from/to Athens, for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
- There is a choice of regular and High-speed catamaran ferries running frequently from/to Athens with stops along the way. How to get to Athens Ferry Ports is easy by reading our recommendations!
There are 3 ferry ports in Athens (Attica peninsula).
- The Port of Piraeus is the biggest and busiest one and serves ferries to Saronic islands, to Crete, to the Cyclades, to the Dodecanese and to North Aegean Islands.
There are 10 gates in the port of Piraeus and each gate serves a different destination.
- The Port of Rafina is located on the northeastern side of the Attica peninsula. It's the closest port to Athens International Airport and serves ferries to Andros, Tinos, and Mykonos, while in the summer period there are ferries to Paros, Naxos, Ios, Santorini, Syros, and Crete.
- The Port of Lavrion is located on the southern side of Attica, close to Cape Sounion. All year round there are frequent departures from Lavrion to Kea and to Kythnos and infrequent ferry dep. to Chios, Lemnos, and Kavala, while in summer there are occasional ferries to Syros, Tinos, Andros, Paros, Naxos, Ios, Sikinos, Folegandros, Milos, Serifos, and Sifnos.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry connections to and from the Ports of Athens!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections from/to Athens. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules from and to Athens by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
HOW TO GET FROM FROM ATHENS INT. AIRPORT TO ATHENS CITY CENTER
Athens is 33 km northwest of Athens International Airport and 10km east of Piraeus harbor. You have 3 options to get from Athens International Airport to Athens City Center:
- Take Metro Line 3 which connects the Athens airport with the city center. Trains run every 30 minutes, 7 days a week from 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. The trip from/to the Airport to Syntagma station (Athens center) lasts 40-45 minutes.
- You can buy tickets using the Automatic Ticket Issuing Machines (ATMs) in all METRO and Stations and from Ticket Offices.
By Public Bus
- Take the express bus X95 that connect the airport with Syntagma square at Athens city center. Service is provided on a non-stop basis seven days a week including holidays. BUS tickets are sold at the info/ticket-kiosk (located outside the Arrivals between Exits 4 and 5), or onboard (ask operator) at no extra cost.
- Taxis are available at the designated Taxi waiting area located at Exit 3 of Arrivals Level A. Taxi from the airport to the city center costs a flat rate of €35 from 5:00 a.m. to midnight, and €50 from midnight to 5:00 a.m. You may wish to BOOK ONLINE to avoid delays!
- Note: The charge is determined by the time of arrival at the destination and includes all applicable surcharges and extras.
HOW TO GET TO ATHENS FROM PIRAEUS HARBOR
Piraeus Port is approx. 10 km west of Athens City and well connected by public transportation. Here-under your options for how to get to Athens from Piraeus harbor:
Tip: Take the free shuttle bus inside the Port that run from the most arrival gates to Terminal Station (gate 5)!
By Metro from Piraeus to Athens
- Take the free bus from your arrival gate to gate 5. Cross the street and purchase your tickets either at the cashier of the station or in the automatic machines.
- You get the metro direction KIFISSIA (Green Line 1) and in 20 minutes’ ride, you reach the MONASTIRAKI metro station (Old city). The metro runs from 6:30 am to midnight and the trip takes approx. 20-25 minutes.
By Public Bus from the port of Piraeus to Athens Centre
- Take the public Bus 040 or 049 from Piraeus/Karaiskaki Sq. (right outside the ferry harbor, Gate 4-5) to Athens city center.
- The bus runs every 15 minutes, 7 days/24 hours and the trip takes about 25 to 35 minutes.
Taxi from the harbor to Athens Downtown
- A taxi will normally take about 20 minutes to drive from Piraeus port to Omonoia or Syntagma Sq. (City center). The distance is about 10 km and costs approx. 15-20 Euros. Best is to book a taxi in advance.
- Radio-Taxi Tel.: 18300, +30 2105152800 (calls[email protected]), +30 2103636508, +30 2103636701 or RESERVE ONLINE
HOW TO GET TO ATHENS FROM RAFINA
Rafina port is approx. 30 km east of Athens downtown and well connected by public transportation. Find below all possible options for how to get to Athens from Rafina:
By Public Bus from Rafina to Athens
- Take the suburban (KTEL) Orange buses that leave from the Port Terminal. Buses usually leave every hour and the ride takes about 60 to 70 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Ticket price (2018): 3,00 Euro. Tel.: +30 2108808000, UPDATED DETAILS
Taxi from Rafina Port to Athens Centre
- A taxi will normally take about 50-60 minutes to drive from Rafina port to Athens City Center. The distance is about 30 km and costs approx. 40,00 Euro per way (prices 2018). Best is to RESERVE ONLINE the taxi drive from Rafina to your hotel in Athens.
HOW TO GET TO ATHENS FROM LAVRION
Athens is located about 60 km northwest of Lavrion. In the next lines we explain how to get to Athens from Lavrion:
Public Bus from Lavrio to Athens
- Orange KTEL buses from Lavrio (station very neat to the port) takes about 2 hours to reach Athens City Centre. Buses depart every thirty to sixty minutes. The first bus from Lavrio to Athens leaves at 05:30 am and the last bus departs at 21:30 pm.
- Ticket price (2018) for the bus is around 5,00 Euro. Tel.: +30 2108808000, DETAILS
- Athens can be reached easily by taxi and the ride will take about 1 hour and 15 minutes. The taxi fare from Lavrion to the center of Athens will cost about 65,00 to 80,00 Euro (day-time/night-time).
- Best is to RESERVE ONLINE the taxi drive from Lavrion port to Athens downtown or to call before arrival: +30 2292024200.
Note: All above information for Athens was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY FROM/TO ATHENS BY FERRY
Book your ferry from/to Athens with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your ferry trip in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ferry ticket from/to Athens.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Athens ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability from/to Athens by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry from and to Athens at a price that fit your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and view the prices of ferries going to the Ports of Athens!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY FROM/TO ATHENS
Arrange your ferry journey from or to Athens in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Athens in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the ferry tickets to or from Athens you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry from/to Athens. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Athens without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Athens if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel in Athens without having booked the ferry tickets to or from Athens. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Athens!
Save time in Athens!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry tickets to Athens, this allows you not only to secure your tickets but also to save time in Greece; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Athens ferry tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets from/to Athens, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to Athens is interrupted by not finding available ferry tickets, but it is possible.
Find more Athens ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to Athens, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Athens and the Islands as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going from or to Athens.
Get the best deal by Athens ferry prices!
Ferry tickets to or from Athens can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking tickets from or to Athens up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Athens ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry ticket confirmation to or from Athens in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your tickets to or from Athens, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or in your smartphone!
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS ON THE FERRY TO/FROM ATHENS
Book your ideal accommodation options on the ferry from/to Athens and arrive fresh and rested to your destination! Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ride from or to Athens.
Athens is the historical capital of Europe, with a long history, dating from the first settlement in the Neolithic age. In the 5th Century BC (the “Golden Age of Pericles”) – the culmination of Athens’ long, fascinating history – the city’s values and civilization acquired a universal significance. Over the years, a multitude of conquerors occupied Athens, and erected unique, splendid monuments - a rare historical palimpsest. In 1834, it became t…More
ONE DAY EXCURSIONS/CRUISES FROM ATHENS
While in Athens, don't miss the chance to visit the famous island of Mykonos or Hydra!
Take one of our Full-Day Excursions/Cruises to the treasures of the Aegean Sea, get the chance to take a taste of the life on a Greek island and enjoy it!
- 1-Day Excursion To Mykonos
- 1-Day Cruise to the Saronic Islands: Hydra-Poros-Aegina